Chapter 61

This is it."

"Yes."

Charles tilts his head and stares suspiciously at the milk and sugar placed next to the black tea in a silver teacup.

"What is this about?"

"Before the tea aroma disappears, add milk in moderation—"

"How much does Abella put in?"

"It's different for each person, but she usually puts about five tablespoons of milk and two large spoons of sugar."

While thinking over his words, Charles narrows his eyebrows slightly and lifts his head.

"Really?"

"Yes."

He looks at Curtis with a weary expression, wondering if he's doing this on purpose to make him suffer.

"It's more delicious than I thought."

"........."

Curtis, smiling as if he's answering his doubts, pours five teaspoons of milk and two tablespoons of hot sugar in a teacup and stirs it.

"I can understand Evangeline's aversion."

The black tea in the silver teacup turns muddy like water on a rainy day.

Even though his first impression of the tea isn't very good, he holds onto the teacup.

I've decided to drink it—

"She's going to show this to the ladies next week."

"Right."

"With this, she plans to make up for the loss of the milk provided to the young people."

"Yes."

"Hmm."

No matter how much he looks at it, the plan isn't feasible.

"Maybe it's a waste of tea leaves."

"It is said that when you drink this milk tea, you should use tea leaves with a little less freshness."

What on earth are you going to do with this?

Honestly, though freshness is good, the tea leaves are expensive regardless whether they are fresh or not.
It's hard to put sugar in such an expensive tea, but to drink it with milk—

Will the nobles understand? Even I, who can see the positive side of what Abella is trying to do, am reluctant to do this.

"Hmm."

"Try to sip."

Curtis, who has been watching Charles whirling the teacup in deep thoughts, says as he drinks the milk tea along with Ledin.

"If you take a sip, your thoughts will change."

Charles nods briefly at Curtis' recommendation and takes a sip.

"...... "

At that moment, he licks his lower lip with his tongue and savor the sweet taste that spreads into his mouth.

It's good.

He also likes the bitter taste of black tea.

At first, he wanted to know what it tasted like, but as he drinks more, the bitter taste subtly fits his palate.

In addition, it's fun to classify the change of its taste little by little based on how the tea leaves are made.

However, Abella's style of black tea called milk tea is another different taste.

Perhaps because of the savory flavor of milk, once infused with the bitterness of the tea, it makes the tea become much smoother.

Plus, the sweetness.

This might be a good trend for nobles who forcibly drinks black tea for the sake of social convention.

Not only the Lapel, but also in the capital.

"It's okay."

"What did you say?"

"Oh, it's delicious."

Ledin, too, tilts his head and takes one, then two sips, before finally he drinks the entire thing, satisfying his appetite.

"I don't like black tea, but it's really delicious. It's not bitter or tasteless."

Ledin stares blankly, looking like he wants another.

"Surely."

Charles looks at the teacup.

It's still a cloudy color that looks like old water, but—It's not all you can see.

Should I call this an unexpected talent?

Biting his lower lip, Charles smiles as he walks toward the window and sit on the balcony.

"Here comes Her Grace."

Abella can be seen in the distance.

She walks in a combative manner with Ergel and Pope who follow behind her. She has an unpleasant expression on her face.

"Curtis."

"Yes."

"Find out what's going on."

Charles grips the edge of the balcony with both hands and follows Abella with his eyes.

The closer she gets, the more visible her expression becomes, along with her heavy steps.

Looks like something really happened.

What has upset her?

Charles turns his head.

"As soon as possible."

"Yes, Your Grace."

Before Curtis even say more—

"Your Excellency!"

Edgar suddenly opens the door and runs in, breathlessly walking toward him.

Charles silently stares at Edgar, who's wiping the sweat of his chin with the back of his hand.

"Her Grace said that she will kill Lady Evangeline."

Edgar, who announced Abella's murderous intent without any explanation, sits down on the floor as if he has lost control of his mobility.

Curtis is almost out of the office before he turns to listen to Edgar's words.

Charles leaves the balcony to look for traces of Abella, but she has already disappeared.

"Good."

He takes a sip of milk tea as if it isn't a big deal.