Chapter 35

Of course, before that time comes, I'll leave this place. I can't live going through all this again, right?

This situation will change if I divorce.

That's why I took out the alimony.

'No divorce.'

I pretend to laugh as I imagine giving up the the position of being Charles' wife.

Divorce, it must be won.

Once again, I glance at Catherine, then at Evangeline, who looks like she's about to faint.

If she faints, will I be hated?

In addition, maybe my notoriety will increase a bit?

There will probably be rumors like, 'Oh my God, how tough is the Duchess of Lapel Castle that the Duke's younger sister fainted in front of her?'

Hmm... my chest feels a bit tight.

Evangeline, who suddenly looks like she's back to life, stares at me with poisonous eyes.

"Are you doing this on purpose?"

"What are you saying—"

"Do you think I'd be still?"

No, so what?

"What?"

"I will never forget this insult. I'll tell my mother and the duke! And Eonnie Marissa too!"

Well, I don't care if you tell or not since I didn't do anything wrong.

I'm not sure what she wants me to say.

"Please do."

"What?"

Evangeline's eyes narrow as she bites down on her lips, choking with indignation.

"Tell me."

I smile calmly and stand up from my seat.

"If you do that, will I be able to get divorced?"

Then, when I turn around,

"I have no intention of divorcing, so Evangeline, you should apologize."

An unwelcome face appears.

"O-oppa?"

Evangeline's brother.

.

.

It seems that His Excellency is not working.

From East to West, I see you everywhere I go.

"Ha—you are here."

I'll just get out of the way.

"Then, I'll be off."

I'm sure his sister has more to say.

Haiz—except I can't move thanks to him who has turned around and grabs onto my wrist as I am trying to leave.

Let go of me.

"Um—"

"Wait."

"Huh, what?"

"Get an apology before you leave."

"Oppa!"

If you guys want to argue, do it between yourself. Even though I'm a person involved, I don't want to hear it. I just want to leave.