Chapter 105

"Then, I won't act like the owner. I'll be like a guest."

What is this again?

"If you're going to be like a guest, then you should act like a guest."

"..."

"You're always invited as a guest. Since it's the house of your heart, shouldn't that be enough?"

(T/N: Abella responds here instead of Charles)

Charles, who's smiling at my calm demeanor in response to Evangeline's words, looks at her and shakes his head.

"Looks like you've lost."

"..."

At that brief decision, Evangeline bites her lip and smiles awkwardly, as if trying not to frown as much as possible.

"With those restriction, what should I do so I can go back and forth—"

"Oh, there is a way."

"Which is?"

"Send me a letter or send a messenger."

Evangeline's mouth drops open as she puts her hands on her thighs.

"Call me whenever you want to come to the mansion. I will allow it."

"... Allow...?"

Evangeline's eyes tremble as she ponders over my words of asking permission.

However, the reason she couldn't say anything is because currently, she cannot defeat me no matter what she does.

Charles is on my side.

It is also this moment that the role of the husband is proven to be the most important during conflicts with the in-laws.

The strength to defend against everything Evangeline said comes from Charles, who supports me.

Under the current circumstances, even if I use nonsense, I would still win in our conversation without using the right words.

This isn't a fight.

Unlike me, who is relaxed, Evangeline's face turns red because she can't say anything.

She bites her lips as if she is unsure about what to do with the heat that has started from the nape of her neck, exposed above the dress, to the top of her head.

Her anxious expression hardens.

It seems that there must be a reason for coming home.

I angle my head and squint.

"Why, is there a reason why you must come home?"

"No, there's no such thing. It's just that the mansion is like a haven for my heart—"

"Then, I'll let you come as a guest from time to time."

I grin at her obvious awkward remark and look toward Charles.

"Oh, and Charles."

"Yes, Your Grace."

Charles immediately turns his head and answers. A smirk forms on my lips from his sudden honorific usage.

"I've been thinking about it, and I think it's a little too much to cut off all of Lady Evangeline's finances."

"That's right!"

As soon as she finishes speaking, Evangeline alternates her stare between the two of us, moving so fast that I could hear noise from her sudden movement.

Her eyes glisten with anticipation.

To be honest, it must be all because of money that Evangeline is saying things that she doesn't mean to me right now and keeping such a low profile when she's going out.

I did mention that I think it's a bit much.

I'm sure you appreciated it.

But what will you do if it's completely different from what I mean?

I stare up at him.

"Well, what do you have in mind?"

"Well, I think it would be nice to give her a set allowance every month."

"Allowance?"

"Allowance."

I nod as I receive the gaze of the two people who look at me with different emotions.

"Yeah, after hearing from Edgar about your financial situation, it seems that you have been using your money too recklessly."

It's great to be able to write the story in my own way.

The amount of money spent on an unknown actress to disgrace me last time is so large that it was difficult to accurately estimate it.

Edgar said that the actress had anticipated the catastrophe, so she returned all the money paid to her in the name of her family.

All that aside, Edgar and I concluded that it's a problem for Evangeline to spend her money so recklessly.

In the meantime, I'm in a situation where I can control Evangeline and shake her up with money.

How lucky am I.

"So?"

"So, why don't you come to me every month to get your allowance?"

At that moment,

"Are you really crazy?!"

Evangeline jumps up from her seat. Her face flushes as she gasps for breath.

For that reason, all of the people's eyes are on her. However, she exhales ragged breaths as if she doesn't see the circumstances behind her, and stomps her feet.

"Sit down."

After looking around, Charles coldly commands her.