Chapter 121

The square is really crowded with people.

It's like Gangnam or Hongdae on a Friday. If you think of a place with a lot of people and fun anywhere, it would resemble this place.

There are drunk people and those in a festive mood everywhere.

I become a little stunned by the noisy atmosphere, wondering if it's still Lapel, a place that's usually quiet and peaceful.

When I look down from the front of Temple Hall at sunset, there's excitement. I become swept up in it, but I feel a different level of excitement than what I saw.

Like I'm alive.

If I had told him I wanted to go home because I was lazy, it would have been a disaster.

To be honest, because of what I experienced at the temple, my excitement was cut short and my body was tired, so I just wanted to sleep while holding onto a pillow.

After I came here and had a glass of beer, somehow...

Do I want to get drunk?

After I vomited on the green sofa that day, I decided to quit drinking.

But I thought that not drinking alcohol and getting drunk in this atmosphere would be a dereliction of duty.

"Your Grace."

I sigh, holding out my hand.

When Charles, who's looking at my empty palms, meets my eyes–

"Money."

I reveal a bright smile.

I gave Pope some pocket money to come and play, but I didn't even bring a penny.

Silly.

But, I have someone to depend on.

"Give me one gold coin."

I boldly ask for it.

"......"

"Give me some money."

.

.

Anyone would have thought that they're enjoying the festival to the fullest.

She walks down the street with alcohol in one hand and a skewer of chicken and green onion in the other.

The wildly grilled yakitori, sprinkled with salt and grilled over charcoal, is a great side dish.

If you take a sip of alcohol while taking a bite of grilled blue meat that is moist and juicy.

Oh my god!

She remembers coming home after work, turning on the TV, and sipping a beer.

In such an atmosphere, it's understandable that Edgar got caught while drinking alcohol and talking behind Charles's back.

How can you not drink when the alcohol goes down so smoothly?

Also, how can you not curse at the king if you don't see him?

She chokes as she sips her drink.

"Just like back then—"

"Wow, this is really delicious."

She turns her head, cutting off Charles, who's about to mention the incident where she vomited.

"I heard from Ergel that Sir Halian was so drunk last year that he lost consciousness. I can understand why."

She sells Edgar off very naturally.

Good. That's very natural.

"But, what did he say that made you so angry in the presence of everyone?"

She looks back at Charles as if driving a wedge into that naturalness.

"What?"

He looks at her as if she had asked a good question and then rubs her lips with his thumb.

"I wasn't mad. I was just kicking his ass as usual, but the rumors went awry."

"Hmm."

Without time to think it over, she hears a beep in her ears from the skinship that happened and hurriedly shook her head.