Chapter 24

"Oppa, oppa~~ I really, really missed you~~~"

Huh?

Charles nods sharply at Evangeline's aegyo like that of a young lady who just had a coming-of-age ceremony.

"Mother?"

"She lives well."

When she talks to Charles, she purposely drags out the end of her word.

'Brother~~I miss you~~ how are you~~'

Aiya.

When I think of the scary things that I might let slip, I immediately bite down on my tongue.

Tongue, if you tease me again, I'll bite you. I don't need something like you.

Though, her voice does get addictive after awhile.

"Why did you come?"

"What do you mean, oppa?"

"... ... ."

Under Charles' impersonal gaze, Evangeline's attempts to charm him with aegyo have failed. She starts to have emotional look in her eyes—

"I came because I wanted to see you."

Evangeline then gently lowers her hand and straightens her posture. When she steps back and touches her lips, she sees blood.

"Why did you come here?"

Once again, Charles crosses his legs and leans against the sofa. He looks beautiful even when he's not sitting or lying down.

If you don't want turn into a stone, put your head down and look away.

I then follow my own advice and look away.

Honestly, since we've been seeing each other quite a bit these past few days, its effects have withered a bit.

No, that's ridiculous.

It's even more dangerous now because I really want to touch him.

Him?

No, not me.

But don't muscles look more attractive on tanned skin? Look at Mr. Korea for example. All the contestants tan their bodies to make them more attractive because everyone knows that tanned skin makes your muscles look prettier.

So, why is he proving all these facts wrong?!

Not only does he have a habit of sleeping with his upper body exposed, but he also has fair skin and a body like that of David of Michelangelo.

You probably can replace David with him and the plaster wouldn't notice the difference—well, I couldn't see below, so I can only speak of his upper body.

Is it because he's strong?

Most people's body are soft and rubbery underneath their skin, so how does he have so much muscles underneath it?

Hmm.

First, I have to check.

I guess I'll bite the bullet and be sneaky like a person pretending to be asleep.

"By the way, oppa~"

Evangeline's attempt at aegyo again puts a halt to my thoughts.

"Say it right."

Charles shows his disgust with a frown.

I like his reaction, though why is he like that?