Chapter 32

Well, considering Abella's evil deeds and her feelings towards him, that's most likely the answer.

However, if there was such an incident, shouldn't there be a rumor or at least an explanation in the novel? Or maybe a revealed from Abella's inner thoughts toward Abigail?

If there was such a statement, wouldn't it be mentioned in the novel like: 'Charles Diago asked his wife to divorce' or 'Charles said let's get divorced! It's because of her!'

It could have also been like this, 'After being married for 4 years, I'll be divorced. Are you happy now? I won't accept it.'

Abella's lines could have been short to give readers a chance to understand Charles' situation.

As important as the romance between Kyle and Abigail was in this novel, Charles' love for Abigail was also as important.

He was very desperate and acted like a crazy person, as if he could do anything for Abigail.

Oddly enough, in the passages of the novel, there was a sentence that said, 'Charles acted like a person who was born for Abigail.'

As Charles's love for her grew stronger, so does Abigail's love for Kyle.

It's almost like the novel is trying to show that even in such adversity, 'The love between them two will be forever!'

The novel drove Charles to ruin.

If he didn't commit the last evil deed to have her, he could have remained among the readers as a pure 2nd male lead. However, his love for Abigail was absolute.

The fact that I don't see any divorce efforts from Charles like that—wouldn't you be confused too if you were me?

Is this world's setting that restricted?

I'm not sure about that.

Mistresses are prohibited by law. It was something that the nobility, as well as the commoners, do not do.

Of course, there's really no way to stop human nature to involve in said affairs if they wanted to.

However, if any form of an affair is discovered, not only the parties involved, but the entire family, will be shunned from the social world.

Illegitimate children born as a result of an affair are also not socially recognized.

So it's understandable what an affair in this world means to someone of nobility.

It's a setup that even the emperor would be ashamed if he's discovered to have someone else other than the empress.

So, what the hell is it? How can the future Charles be proud enough to commit such thing?

'I love Abigail, but my wife is Abella.'

'I'm greedy so I will have both.'

What kind of trashy way of thinking is this?

From what I've seen so far, he doesn't look like he has that trashy mind.

This momentary evaluation of mine may be proven wrong at any time, but if I look at the current Charles in front of me...

Is there something that I don't know?

This is why divorce isn't possible under normal situation.

Charles, who promised to divorce at any time, even refuses to do so.

Why is that?

I turn toward Charles, full of question and doubts.