Chapter 5

What about doing a business?

Though, this world is still a place that has an outdated idea of equating a woman failing to her family being ruined.

It's not limited liability, but infinite responsibility.

It means that once a business goes bankrupt, the employer should be fully responsible for the loss. Therefore, only a few men jump into business. What if I, a woman, declare that I would like to do business in this era?

He'd say to me, "Did you change your mind?"

Then I'll make a deal with him and say, "I'll run my own business. If you don't like it, divorce me."

What if he lets me do it?

Then what should I do? I just have to do my best to make sure that I've ruined and gave myself a good enough cause for divorce.

What if he says that he can't give permission?

Then with that progress, I can also ask for a divorce.

"Perfect."

What an exciting idea. This way is good. The other way is also good.

Of course, business plans shouldn't be sloppy, so let's make the most of what I'd learned in old life and apply them to this world.

Let's make it into bigger scale.

Success won't be possible if there's even one mistake.

It's not like it's something that I can't do, so it's not a bad idea to use my imagination to the fullest, right?

Yes, starting a business is good idea.

That way, rumors of a feud between the duchess, who had been known to ruin her family by spending, pleasure and business, and the duke, who had failed to tolerate such atrocities, will start.

What if it spreads?

That's a good enough reason. By then, he will divorce me right?

Ha—I'm smart.

I then lie down on the bed in admiration for a moment at my truly brilliant, little idea.

"Ah."

The feeling of the soft bedding spreads all over my body and the sound of the pillow touching my face comes out.

This is why I can't lie down and think.

"Oh, good."

As I close my eyes with a lingering groan, I fall asleep as my nerves, which has been tightly wounded, loosen.

I think I've been thinking too much since I've started eating with him.

Drowsiness pours in.

But—Argh!

"Get up."

I don't think that I've slept for long.

An impolite voice breaks through, along with the the shrill noise of tilting the curtains between the still room. "It's past your time to get up."

Hearing a thick, stumpy voice with a faint irritation, it seems to belong to a maid under Catherine.

"... ..."

What's her name?

I narrow my eyes as I look over at her. "You."

"Yes?"

Since I just woke up, my voice is rougher and harsher than Abella's usual voice. "What's your name?"

The maid, on the other than, is too captivated by such a voice, not to mention nervousness, smiles and raises her hand to her waist. "Your grace, the sun is up."