Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 3

9.4K 252 52
By wth_kc

Despite Charles' shocked and distorted look, my mouth doesn't stop talking. "Have you never thought that?"

"Mhm..."

"You should look at the mirror again."

Charles' expression with his mouth opened as if he's drawing a perfect contrast with my smiling face turns drastic in real time, but it doesn't matter much.

I'm rather angry at what he said.

Yes, I'd like to say let's get a divorce.

I wish I could say it because it's all I want.

But, he says, "Right," as if it's to calm down the anger that has been rising in himself.

"—Yes, I can do that." He then accepts my words with a nod and a long sigh. "It's because looking too handsome can be repulsive to some people. Yes, I understand."

Of course, it's his own interpretation.

Are words being filtered in your ears?

If not, how can he stand to say such ridiculous words?

"Ah. Yes."

I nod perfunctory because I didn't want to respond to his pride with a laugh.

"What?"

Don't say anything. If I do, I have to stop myself.

As soon as he's about to put the plump claws in his mouth, he asks, "Is that all?"

I put my hand down at his question. The thought of will you divorce me if I bring you any other reason crosses my mind for about 0.1 seconds.

He asks. "Do you need another reason?"

"... ..."

"If you're really just trying to get a divorce for that reason, you will ruin your face."

No?

For a bit, my heart pounds with anticipation,

"You'll adjust."

"... ..."

" I can't get divorced because I'm too handsome."

...What?

At that moment, I'm dumbfounded as if someone has hit me on the back of my head.

Are you serious? From beginning to end, you don't seem to be joking, given your face is serious all the time. Isn't it worse if you're serious? If so, do handsome people not have any humility about themselves?

The impudence of saying, I'm very handsome, very, very handsome.

I can't believe that he can say this with a straight face.

That's amazing cause I wouldn't even say anything like that if I'm to die.

Looking at his face after he spoke without any modesty, "Whoo—" I breathe in softly and avoid eye contact. I wanted to shake my head, but I hold myself back.

Honestly, I wanted to ask why can't I get a divorce just because you're handsome, but the moment I mention it, I think the conversation will become longer, so I stay quiet.

Today's goal is to finish the meal quickly and safely. I don't want his good looks to appear in my head anymore. Therefore, I will look straight at him in the face one more time.

Then I'll get used to it.

Besides, he's just saying what he's been thinking all his life.

Does that mean that I also have to do that too, from now on?

Right now, I'm also so stunning that I give myself chills.

Even before coming down to the dining room, Abella's appearance was beautiful and perfect like always.

She's even prettier if I tilt my head slightly to the right.

Look back and forth in the room, I tilt my head a little—

What are you doing?

I shake my head, creeping myself out.

I can't do it even if I die.

It's as if I'm asking myself if I'm pretty.

Even if I die, I cannot do that, or else, I'll eat my own hand.

My head's hazy as if I'm disgusted at myself thinking about saying that again.

"... ..."

I could see the tip of Charles' eyebrow slightly rising, looking at me strangely.

He's asking why, what, and why.

Even though I'm upset inside, I also know very well why he's frowning with such expression.

"I'm full." I turn back, pretending that I did not see anything.

The butler, Curtis comes closer and wipes my mouth with a napkin. He then asks as he clears the plate. "What would you like to do for dessert?"

Curtis, with his gray hair up nicely, is a longtime confidant of Charles. His presence is insignificant when he's by Charles' side.

Hmm.

I look to the side, turning my attention which was previously directed at Charles away.

Hmm.

Near the door is Ledin, Charles' escort.

His number 1 and 2.

Sitting in front of me is Charles Diago. As soon as I see them in front of me, a thought crosses my mind.

I'm a little sad that there are no three aides on my side.

"I'm fine." The crestfallen look on Charles' face from my rejection is sweeter than the dessert itself.

How should I say it?

I bite my lips, unable to hide my devilish smile.

"So there is no very obvious reason for divorce—" Charles opens his mouth as if he's winning this conversation.

"When you asked me if that was all, I have no choice but to add one more thing." I cut off his words and raise my head.

Then he looks up and wipes his hands meticulously with a napkin, not forgetting to put it away hurriedly.

What should I say to give you a shock?

"A second thing?" Charles hastily adds. "So...?"

However, I take my time answering so that I can enjoy staring at Charles' face. I make sure to look up from time to time with a thoughtful and hesitant look. I repeat the action over and over. Pushing the boundary as much as possible since Charles' patience is thin.

"It—" Before I'm cut off, "First night." I then chew my lips slightly and lift my head. "Thanks to my husband, who ran away without a moment's notice, I cannot stand solitary nights anymore."

"... ..."

"I'm a woman, too."

There's a limit to living with just seeing a man's face. I did not say anything vaguely.

At the end of my words, he says nothing. Counting the silence of 0, 1 and 2 that falls in the dining room as background music,

"If you're not going to eat the claws, could you give them to me?"

I covet his claws with a very bright smile.

.

.

He listens to the sounds of Abella eating the claws, then touches the table with his fingertips. His black eyes glows in the darkened space as he mulls over what she said.

To be honest, I thought she brought up the story of divorce because she wanted to get attention. Rather than answering yes, I would rather sit down and list the conditions that put her in a corner.

I tried to give her a bit of comfort and hold myself back.

'I can't stand my husband who ran away the first night. Are you serious?'

"Ha, this is so annoying."

With a long sigh, he closes his eyes and chews on his lips.

"Curtis."

"Yes."

"What happened to Abella?"

"She was seriously injured." Curtis, who was close by, pushes up his glasses. "Besides that, nothing else."

"That's right."

"Yes."

"But how can it be?"

"Well, I don't know--"

Charles tilts his head slightly, "Is she tired of spending money?"

"Is there anyone who gets tired of it?" Curtis then tilts his head, too.

"Right?"

"Yes."

To be honest, even his mother and sister have never been tired of spending money. The more money and power, the better. That's why he wants to earn more, to have more power.

All conveniences and values in life needs money and power, Charles.

His mother taught him that, and most of the people he knew weren't tired of spending money. Instead of spending time having fun, spending money, she wanted a divorce.

"Any contact from the baron?"

"None."

What a strange woman.

The first time Abella accepted his marriage proposal, she was still a woman of common sense.

That's what he thought.

But—

'Please divorce me.'

He couldn't figure it out after she came to his office and proudly told him that she wanted a divorce.

"Pay attention to her."

"Yes."

"Anyone approaching her on the side, especially the fourth prince." When he gets up from his seat and pulls his jacket slightly to touch up his appearance, he looks at her reflection in the window. His face looks tired, even though he often hears that he's handsome.

You look exhausted.

Abella's words with crab meat in her mouth comes to his mind. He laughs until air left his lungs. Then he turns toward Ledin's direction.

"Your excellency."

"Meeting?"

"Yes, it's the North Tower."

The smile long disappears from his face.

.

.

.

.

Note: looking back, Charles' always been a fool~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324 2 46
In the late 19th century within a Flourishing distant kingdom a horrendous crime happened. Soon to be duchess, Ralftila del Ralftil was accused of be...
16.4K 1K 71
Excerpt: Kale turned to me slowly, his breaths deepened. My brows knitted with confusion as he suddenly faced me.... The mood around us took a new...
73 1 13
Two hands together like before. Fire behind us. Gazes that crossed each other. Eye to eye, side by side. As we slowly walked backward. Farther from e...
14.2K 1.4K 36
It took me fairly quick to realize that I, Watanabe Yasu, is in a shoujo manga. My childhood friend, Suzuki Momo, is the heroine. And I'm playing th...