Her Only Chance (UNEDITED, NE...

By TaylorLeFay

NEW UPDATED EDITTED VERSION ON MY PROFILE!!!! THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT, OFFICIAL EDITTED VERSION IS BEING PUBLIS... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
AUTHORS NOTE IMPORTANT
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
AUTHORS NOTE
Special Update!
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety One
Chapter Ninety Two
Chapter Ninety Three
Chapter Ninety Four
Chapter Ninety Five
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Chapter Ninety Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred and One
Epilogue
Authors Final Note
New Covers!
Update!
COVER REVEAL
NEW HOC BOOK

Chapter Eighty Three

87 5 0
By TaylorLeFay

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!
Still going strong guys ... I have trials coming up and it is becoming very hard to balance writing and studying ... but hey right now I'm still here.

I will be aiming to update once every three days, but that will depend on how quickly I can write the chapters. I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Eighty Three:

It was one thing seeing the abandoned city in ruins from a distance compared to in person just before you. 

Most of the main street was cracked and indented as shops that use to exist here were all covered in growing plants and had cracked store fronts. I stared in shock as I observed the wreckage of the city. 

Lucas drove slowly as he weaved around random cars that loitered the road and both of us looked around at the city before us. Above us, clouds covered the sky making it not too bright and it was hard to see far down streets we passed by.

I felt my fear grow as my wariness increased drastically. I could practically hear my heart beating wildly rather than feel it. It was one thing seeing it and being in it.

What made me even more terrified was the eerie silence. There was no sound other than the soft blow of the wind and the sound of the bike as it rumbled lowly, making our way through the large city that seemed to just extend forever.

"What happened?" I whispered softly as I looked around at all the smashed cars and broken buildings.

"I don't know," replied Lucas softly as we continued to move at a slow pace. Much to slow that I did not feel very secure at the pace. "But whatever it is, I don't want to be here for long."

I nodded as we continued moving forward.

"How big is this place," I observed as I looked around and trailed the sight of a large skyrise that had piles of rubble from the building below it from high above.

Lucas narrowly missed a jotting pipe as he swerved around it going on the pavement of the city before returning to the clustered road.

"Look around, you tell me."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his back softly, 

"Smart Alec, I meant, they would not just build this much and place everything here just to destroy it, dickhead."

He was silent as he thought before he replied humming at the nickname, "Original. Maybe people actually lived here before? But I would not put it past them to actually commit to this and actually do that. Haven't you noticed how fucked this whole thing is?"

I snorted and nodded agreeing with him. "ResdueWith our new system, new life, we will live happily, we will live victorious, we will live better, we will live a new life."

Lucas snorted as I recited the governments main catchphrase.

"I see you memorised that one."

"Who wouldn't? We hear it about a hundred times a year," I rolled my eyes.

He hummed in agreement and we settled into a comfortable silence . . . well as comfortable as can be. My legs ached from being in the same position for countless hours. I yearned for the chance to stretch, but I had zero plans to step foot off this motorbike in the middle of the city.

After a bit, we finally reached the heart of the city, but I could not shake an unsettling feeling that we were being watched, followed. 

Glancing behind me, I tried to see if I could see anything. But I was only met with an empty area of broken and abandoned cars, buildings, stores. Glancing back to the front, I tried peeking over Lucas's head to see anything but I could not see over his broad shoulders.

As we drove through the main road, I glanced at the side street turn offs, leaning as I peered trying to shake off the feeling. At first I thought I was imagining it, but at the mere thought I knew I had to prove myself wrong otherwise I would be worrying about the thought for the next whoever knows how long.

We continued to drive through the cracked streets as we met an intersection, glancing to my left again I felt Lucas shift slightly as he turned back.

"You alright back there?"

I nodded without thinking as I glanced down the dark street and swore I saw dark shapes moving.

"I'm fine," I replied blaming it on my imagination.

As we approached closer to the heart of the city, I glanced at some of the store fronts and saw figure in the windows. Flinching, I gripped Lucas even tighter around the stomach. He let out a small curse as a loud breath left his lips.

"Bryce!" He whispered rushed and I quickly loosened my arms a bit before grabbing his shirt tightly.

"Lucas," I whispered staring at the buildings with the human like figures inside, fear piking in me as a froze.

"What?" He whispered back harshly, but more in fear and concern as we passed by slowly.

"Look in the windows," I saw his head turn as he glanced and when I felt his stomach tighten through my palms where I had grabbed him, I knew he saw them. "Something's here."

"Fucking hell," he whispered in fear and picked up the pace slightly.

Whilst holding him tightly, I glanced behind me and finally saw what I missed before. In the shadows we had just passed, there were figures. Many of figures, maybe a few dozen from what I could see and they were moving slowly, following us.

From the intersection, more of these figures stumbled over cars and building rubble as they began to crowd.

"We are being followed by them," I whispered terrified and unconsciously hugged myself to Lucas tightly as suddenly the motorbike did not feel as secure as a car would've.

I felt him quickly peer over his shoulder and he too saw the weird creatures.

"Fuck this shit, I don't like this." 

I laughed softly even though I was terrified and this time he did not hesitate in speeding up. Looking behind me, I saw the weird human like creatures pick up their pace and felt myself pale as with every road and intersection we passed, more of these weird creatures hidden in the shadows came out and began following, trailing after us.

Lucas saw this and with another curse he sped the bike up. What worried me about the speeding was that with all the rubble and abandoned cars piling up, we would hit something and could fall off, wreck the bike and be so injured we would be trapped and die.

But he skilfully manoeuvred his was around the cars and objects littered on the road. As we sped and finally reached the heart of the city, I realised just how fucked we were when we met an intersection. Straight ahead, in a bit of a distant, stood a bunch of the weird creatures, and at the sound of our bike, they simultaneously turned their heads towards us.

Lucas slowed down as he stopped in the middle of the intersection. Glancing to my right, I saw that there was also a lot of these human like creatures and I felt my heartbeat stop as I heard some growling begin to echo through the much to silent city.

"Shit, shit, shit," I whispered as Lucas glanced around frantically.

"There is so many of them, fuck." He looked around observing the area. "I want to go through the city, I don't want to get lost in some fucking side roads. Fucking . . ."

As they began approaching us, my fear spiked as still Lucas did something. I gripped him even tighter as I closed my eyes and softly began praying.

"Omg, Lucas, do something."

He quickly turned the engine on and turned the bike towards the left and sped down the road. He picked up a high speed as he tried to outrun the creatures. As he drove, we reached an intersection and he took a sharp turn to the left as in front of us there too was more of these creatures.

There was at least a hundred of them that was surrounding us and chasing after us.

However, as he turned into the narrower street, one of the creatures human like body stood in between the path and from the fast pace, Lucas could not slow down in time as the creature looked at us resembling a human.

With rotten teeth, ripped up skin, his mouth surrounded with dried blood and half his scalp ripped out. It let out a loud growl as it stood in a straight stance and the bike ran straight into the snarling creature.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
3.3K 376 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...
138K 3.8K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...