Rising Star (Patrick Kane)

By Pentaholic2011

Patrick Kane is NHLs bad boy. It's not that he's trying to live up to the name, it's just who he is. After ge... More

Chapter One- This Is It
Chapter Two- Outta My Head
Chapter Three- Just One More
Chapter Four- Are You an Angel?
Chapter Five- Realization
Chapter Six- Not Like the Others
Chapter Eight- Light in the Darkness
Chapter Nine- Mothers Approval
Chapter Ten- Blackmailed
Chapter Eleven- Chasing Waterfalls
Chapter Twelve- Shopping Spree
Chapter Thirteen- Taking Chances
Chapter Fourteen- Negoations
Chapter Fifteen- I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You
Chapter Sixteen- Down To Business
Chapter Seventeen- Home Sweet Home
Chapter Eighteen- Can't Leave Me
Chapter Ninteen- Stereo Hearts
Chapter Twenty- Broken Promises
Chapter Twenty One- New Neighbor
Chapter Twenty Two- Until Next Time
Chapter Twenty Three- Where I Belong
Chapter Twenty Four- Release Party
Chapter Twenty Five- Birthday Boy
Chapter Twenty Six- Merry Little Christmas
Chapter Twenty Seven- All Over
Chapter Twenty Eight- Sweet Home Chicago
Chapter Twenty Nine- Super Star
Chapter Thirty- First Game
Chapter Thirty One- Views
Chapter Thirty Two- Old Faces
Chapter Thirty Three- Moving Pieces
Chapter Thirty Four- This City
Chapter Thirty Five- Get Together
Chapter Thirty Six- Don't You
Chapter Thirty Seven- Grand
Chapter Thirty Eight- Work Hard, Play Harder
Chapter Thirty Nine- Over Time
Chapter Forty- Like father Like Daughter
Chapter Forty One- Family Matters
Chapter Forty Three- A Love Like Mine
Chapter Forty Four- Simplicity
Chapter Forty Four- Parade of Champions
Chapter Forty Five- Favorite Dream
Chapter Forty Six- Exotic Get Away
Chapter Forty Seven- Day With the Cup
Chapter Forty Eight- Open When
Chapter Forty Nine- Start of Something New
Chapter Fifty- Trust
Chapter Fifty One- Slip and Side
Chapter Fifty Two- Wish
Chapter Fifty Three- Thanks
Chapter Fifty Four- The Past
Chapter Fifty Five- Skate
Chapter Fifty Six- Letting Go
Chapter Fifty Seven- Thinking Out Loud
Chapter Fifty Eight- Missing you
Chapter Fifty Nine- Nice Surprise
Chapter Sixty- Patty Cakes to Rising Star
Chapter Sixty One- Bow to the Kings
Chapter Sixty Two- Under the Weather
Chapter Sixty Three- Amazing Life
Chapter Sixty Four- Shining Bright Like a Diamond
Chapter Sixty Five- Farm Life
Chapter Sixty Six- The One
Chapter Sixty Seven- New Life
Chapter Sixty Eight- New Album
Chapter Sixty Nine- House Warming
Chapter Seventy- Opening Night
Chapter Seventy One- Mistakes
Chapter Seventy Two- Stars
Chapter Seventy Three- Wedding Day
Chapter Seventy Four- A Day With the Kanes
Chapter Seventy Five- Accidents Happen
Chapter Seventy Six- Try Again
Chapter Seventy Seven- Decisions
Chapter Seventy Eight- Nice to be Back
Chapter Seventy Nine- Captain To The Rescue
Chapter Eighty- Amazed
Chapter Eighty One- From Now On
Chapter Eighty Two- We Are The Champions
Chapter Eighty Three- Honeymoon
Chapter Eighty Four- Rising Star
Epilogue

Chapter Seven- Something New

821 15 1
By Pentaholic2011

Elizabeth

I feel like I haven't been on a date in forever. I couldn't tell you who the last guy I went out with was or what we did, but this is different. He was different.

I throw on my favorite pair of jean shorts that made my butt look extra good and a light grey tank top before braiding my curly hair into long pig tails. I find a pair of sunglasses and throw them on top of my head before slipping into a pair of black nikes and sitting in my living room until Patrick gets here. I chill with Precious in my lap and play with his long ears. Besides Vivian my little puppy was my best friend. He was a rescue but such a loving and good dog, I couldn't ask for a better companion.

At exactly noon there's a knock on my door. Precious was most excited as she jumps off my lap and heads to the door before sitting down waiting to see her new friend. I follow her over and make sure everything is in place before opening the door. I see Patrick in the hallway with a big smile and a beautiful bouquet of pink roses.

"Oh wow, hi Patrick" I laugh gesturing for him to come in.

"Hi, I got these for you" he says handing me the flowers.

"These are amazing, thank you so much" I say. I wasn't expecting that honestly. I find a vase to put them in and put them in the living room.

"I'm already if you are" I say snapping him out of his stare.

"I'm ready" he replies with a smirk and I nod. I make sure Precious is fed and she went to the bathroom before heading to the door. He rests his hand on my lower back making my whole body tingle. If only he knew what he was doing to me right now. I lock the door and we jump in his car as he drives a little outside of town.

"So, tell me about yourself" he starts. I look out the window as the buildings fade and the trees come more often. I open the window and smile as the wind hits my face. Small things like this make me so happy.

"I'm just a Chicago girl with a city dream really. Grew up in a foster home. My mom had me when she was 16, didn't even tell my dad I was alive, she couldn't take care of me do she gave me up. I was raised by a nice couple who were friends along with their daughter in Chicago. I turned to music whenever times got rough and I haven't stoped since. I have two degrees in music and business and now I'm just waiting for someone to sign me" I explain.

"Your voice, it's so incredible. It's honestly the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I love it" he says and I smile out the window.

"Thank you. Hopefully one day I can show my voice to the world" I sigh.

"You will. I don't know a lot about you but I know you have a lot to give. You'll make it" he assures me. That's what I keep hearing but it has yet to happen.

We pull up to the stables and I start to get really excited. I haven't ridden a horse in so long, I missed it. We get checked in and the person takes us back.

"Okay, what horse do you like" I ask looking around.

"That one" he smirks pointing to a black mustang. I should have known.

"I should have known you like mustangs" I joke and she smirks my way. Well played Mr. Kane. Well played. The worker helps him up and now I got to choose mine.

"Alright mam, what horse will you like to ride" he asks.

"That one" I say pointing to a beautiful Arabian horse. He smiles at my choice and pulls the horse over.

"She's a bit of a wild soul, but the sweetest horse we have" he explains.

"I can tell. She's beautiful" I say petting her. She gives a good snort and I laugh. She gives me a nod and I knew we were going to be good to go. I climb on by myself and take her by Patrick and his horse.

"What's my horses name" Patrick asks.

"You have Chucky. And the pretty lady is riding the queen of the castle, Annabelle" he says. Such a pretty name.

"Alright you're good to go" he says and I turn my head.

"Do we need to wait for the group" I ask. Usually these things aren't this... intimate.

"Nope. You guys got the private tour. The horses know where to go and you should be back in a few hours" he says. I turn to Patrick and he winks at me.

"Alrighty then, lets go" I call out. We set out on a adventure and Patrick had a death grip on the reigns.

"Is now a bad time to admit I've never been on a real mustang before. I have no clue how to drive this thing" he admits and I giggle.

"It's simple really. Pull right to turn right, pull left to turn left. If you want him to stop pull back. When going uphill lean forward and when downhill lean back. If he starts going too fast stand up and he'll slow down" I explain.

"Alright. I can do that, simple enough. So did you use to ride" he asks.

"The family that adopted me owned a farm in Chicago. I spent many days out in the barn taking care of the animals. There I learned responsibility, work ethnic, music, how to cook. I was a lucky foster child, I ended up in a great home" I admit.

"I'm sorry about your family. I had no idea otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up" he says as he trots along side me.

"It's okay. It lead me to some great things, like this moment" I smirk and he chuckles.

"Alright city boy, you got stuff out of me. Now it's your turn, who is the real Patrick Kane" I ask as we head down the trail.

"Well I'm 23 years old. I have three little sisters that I love more than anything in life. I can't tell them that because I would never heard the end of it. I secretly wished I was able to go to college even if it was just for a year. I feel like I missed out on so much of my childhood because I was playing hockey. But it turned out pretty well since I'm here with you. Also I'm a mommas boy and spend way too much time on my hair" he admits causing me to laugh.

"Well your hair looks amazing today" I compliment.

"As do you" he says causing me to blush. We ride in silence for a little just taking in the scenery. I haven't seen nature like this in so long. I miss it.

"So what do you like to do for fun" he asks.

"Physical things. I like to rock climb, zip line, cliff dive, you name it. Anything that gets you to break a sweat, I'm there" I explain.

"I can tell" he admits.

"Were you checking me out" I tease like he did the other day.

"Literally all the time" he replies causing me to giggle. We find a place to stop and hop off to walk a little. The horses graze around and we find a small watering hole to sit by. He sits on the ground and I lean my back against his side. He swings a arm around my shoulders and I smile into seemingly nowhere. This is nice.

"What's your wildest dream" I ask.

"To be the best player in the world. For little kids to say that they want to play like me. For parents to want their kids to be like me. For people to know that I'm so much more than this game. What about you" he asks.

"I want to be the people listen to when they need someone and they feel like no one is there for them. I want my music to help heal and remind people that life isn't all that bad. I want to use my voice for good" I say.

"Your voice has already worked wonders for me" he claims and I look up at him. He looks down on me with those icy blue eyes and time stops for a second. The wind is gone and the water is completely still. I turn so I'm facing him and his arm that was around me finds my face. He moves some curls that escaped my braids around as his fingers get tangled in it. The next thing I know his lips are on mine moving at a nice pace. He lays me down on the grass and try to take this all in. Where I was, why I was here, who I was with. It felt like I was in a fairy tale. He hovers over me dangerously close, I feel his shadow on me as we lay together. Finally we break apart to catch our breaths and I open my eyes. I study his slightly red lips and amazing jawline closely. He caresses my cheek as I lean into his touch, the smell of grass and fresh air fills my senses as this perfect moment falls into place.

"You... are... so..." he trails off. I press my lips to his again hungry for more and he meets my aggression. We break apart breathless again and I smile up at him.

"I have never felt so good in my life. What are you doing to me" he asks.

"I don't know. I could ask you the same thing" I reply. We finally get off the ground and back to the horses. We graze along just soaking up the sun.

"You know I was really skeptical of this at first but I'm starting to think I need a farm" he says petting the horse.

"You should do it. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun. As long as you don't mind getting dirty" I tease.

"I wouldn't mind getting dirty with you" he smirks.

"I think we would have a lot of fun on a farm together" I admit.

"I might take you up on that" he says. I wonder what he meant by that?

We finish the trail and thank the owners. I drive home because Patrick had saddle seat and his legs were sore. We get back to my place and he walks me up to my apartment.

"I had a great time Patrick. You reminded me of the little girl who fell in love with everything that life has to offer. It was truly an amazing day" I say.

"Of course. Thanks for reminding me that just because something is new doesn't mean I should be scared. Kinda like this relationship" he says slowly trying to read me.

"Relationship" I ask.

"Well yeah, if you were cool with it I would love for you to be my girlfriend" he says nervously. I stand tall and put my lips where they belong, on his. He pulls me close as my breath get caught in my throat.

"Is that a yes" he whispers on my lips.

"Yes Patrick, I would love to be your girlfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 4K 53
Sometimes it's easier to stay with someone you've been with. You've opened up, let them know all your secrets and darkest thoughts. But it's not alwa...
229K 9.2K 54
Book 2 of 3 Highly recommend you read book 1 first. Tanner 'T.J.' Levine has it all- looks, money, fame, and skill on the ice. His natural talent go...
84.6K 1.3K 61
Madeline May is the most famous person in the world. She can be recognized anywhere and is setting the music world on fire. She has ever since she fi...
313K 4.3K 56
"I wouldn't do that if I were you", I hear Shawzy say as I'm about to turn the corner. I stop before I walk into the conversation. "And why is that...