Chapter Forty Nine- Start of Something New

Patrick

After training camp we got pre season games underway and it felt to be back out there with the boys. No lock out and no politics. Just my team and I trying to make history like we do. It's always hard losing guys the way we do but we're lucky enough to have a farm system to give us people like Shawzy and Sadder. But after a good training camp and successful preseason we were excited to start defending our title and that started with opening night.

I find my favorite grey suit with a white dress top and a purple tie. I let it hang loosely around my neck as I get on some cologne and organize my hair to my liking. I fasten the tie before slipping on a pair of dress shoes then grabbing my keys. I was as ready as I would ever be.

"Hey girl, you want some dinner" I ask Precious bending down to pet her. She licks my hand which is both gross and endearing at the same time. I give her some food and some kisses before heading to the UC.

Once I get there I chill with the guys waiting to walk the red carpet. It was opening night and also the closing of the last chapter of the 2013 season. It was bitter sweet but as hard it was to let go I was ready to move on. There were a few people out there waiting to see us and we can hear them, but there was a while before we were sent one by one down the red carpet.

"I can't wait to get these rings, I heard they're really cool" Corey starts as we all stand in a circle and talk.

"Me too, they got red diamonds in them" Jonny adds on.

"I want to punch somebody with it" Shaw claims and we all laugh. Of course.

"Of course you do ya mutt. Come here" Jonny says throwing his arm over his head and messing with his hair. What a odd duo those two are. But Shaw was Jonnys rookie last year, and he did a terrible job of it. Now no one can control him.

"Hey. I could use some help here guys" he whines from Jonnys embrace.

"Did you guys hear something" Crow teases.

"Hear what" I smile.

After we walk across the red carpet we change into the important uniforms, our hockey uniforms. I pull the Indian head over my chest and smile bright, man does that feel good. I lace up my skates then take the ice for warm ups. As my blades cut into the ice I let out the longest sigh and pick up some speed. The wait for this was a lot shorter than last years yet is just as satisfying to be back out here. I look around and my eyes catch a pretty girl up on the glass. She had this curly brown hair that could never be tamed with the prettiest pair of hazel eyes I have ever seen. She even had my jersey on. She gives me that smile and suddenly this night just got better. Because that girl would one day be my wife and that's amazing.

Before the national anthem and all the good stuff starts we were going to raise the banner to the raptors. It never does get old. Jonny brings out the Stanley cup, Sharpy brights out the WCF trophy, and I bring out my MVP one. After they're all lined up on a table they lift the championship banner to the raptors. I watch as it joins the four other ones that hang in this impressive establishment. It was nice to not have to wait another 49 year between cups. I turn to Jon who was watching intently and nudge him a few times until he had to listen to me.

"What" he grumbles.

"What do you say we get a few more up there" I ask and his smile turns into a smirk.

"That's probably the best thing I've ever heard you say" he admits.

We end up winning the first game of the year and I was feeling good. The start is always important and that is a good one. I get home and find Lizzie sitting at the piano like usual. I drop my things so I could sit next to her and she rests her head on my shoulder. She continues to play then closes her eyes never missing a beat. I watch her fingers effortlessly hit the keys as she goes along to whatever song plays in her heart.

"You're incredible" I admit and she smiles up at me.

"Actually that's you. You did amazing tonight, I'm so proud of you" she says.

"Thank you. I might have been showing off for this cute girl I saw in warm ups" I tease.

"Well she's one lucky girl to have your attention" she giggles. I press my lips to her sand nothing quickly turned into something. I stand up and pick her up with me. She wraps her legs around me and I carry her to our room. I lay her down and she pulls me down with her. We make out for a while before I break apart.

"What am I supposed to do without you for a few months" I whisper. I move a piece of hair revealing her red lips.

"You so much as lay a finger on another girl and we're done" she threatens.

"I'm not that stupid. But I am gonna miss this. But more importantly I'm going to miss you" I say moving some more curls out of her face. I take off her shirt and softly lay her back down on the bed and study her body. A body like nothing I've ever seen before. The perfect mixture of curves and muscle and fat and I was in love with every inch of her. I run my hands over every inch of her skin as she run her fingers through my hair. I lace my fingers through hers and pin her hands over her head. I kiss her soft skin all over causing her to moan.

"Patrick" she gasps and I smile against her skin. I leave a trail of kisses down her chest to her belly button before returning to her neck.

"You are so fucking beautiful" I say and she smiles.

"I love you so much" she says, her voice like silk.

"I love you too" I smile.