Chapter Ten- Blackmailed

Elizabeth

I go over to Patrick's after work to watch movies and chill out. He watched me perform tonight so I just followed him over and up to his huge apartment.

"I used to live with Jonny so it's a little empty right now with him gone and all" he explains. I nod and he opens the door. He places a hand on my lower back pushing me in and I stop once we get inside. This place was niiiiice. It was well designed which I wasn't expecting and it had a beautiful view of the city. How much does this guy make?

"Welcome to Mi Casa. We have some drinks in the fridge and the bathroom is down the hallway" he explains.

"Sweet, do you have a change of clothes for me" I ask.

"Yeah, I probably have something that you can wear" he ponders. He goes into his room giving me a chance to walk around. The kitchen was amazing but it doesn't look like anyone's ever touched it. Naturally I'm drawn to the window and gaze out it. This city sure was so pretty. One day I'll move into a place like this and be able to see this every night.

"Beautiful, isn't it" he asks handing me some clothes.

"It's great" I admit. I take myself to the bathroom and see a Blackhawks shirt and basketball shorts in my hands. I change out of the dress and hang it on the back of the door before putting his clothes on. They were huge and smelled just like him, I loved it. I throw my long hair up in a ponytail and take off the lipstick.

I emerge from the bathroom and Patrick stares at me. I was going to ignore it but it kept happening until I sat next to him.

"Why are you looking at me like that" I ask.

"Because that view might be pretty but mine just got prettier" he says causing me to blush. I get pulled into his side and I rest my head on his chest.

"What movie do you want to watch" he asks.

"I don't know. What type of movies do you like" I wonder.

"Anything but romance" he admits.

"Honestly me too" I admit and he looks at me.

"Really. I figured with you being a songwriter and all you would like the lovey dovey stuff" he claims.

"I don't know, it's too predictable. I think love is great, but I hate how movies portray it. It's like my music, it should be a common concept but a different way of seeing it" I shrug.

"Yeah... I really like that about you" he says and I smile up at him.

"How about a action movie" I suggest.

"How do you feel about Batman" he asks.

"I loooove Batman. But only the originals" I insist. He smiles down at me and I give him a questionable look.

"Now why are should looking at me like that" I giggle.

"You're just so... perfect. It's crazy" he insists.

"I am most defiantly not perfect. If I was I would have been signed by now" I defend.

"You never did tell me why that is" he remembered.

"Right..." I trail off.

"Hey, we don't have to right now. I want to know everything about you but I get that this is hard for you to talk about" he says rubbing my thigh.

"No, I wanted to tell you. I just wasn't sure how" I admit.

"I'm listening" he encourages.

"Well I guess I can start from the beginning.