Chapter Forty Six- Exotic Get Away

Elizabeth

"Baby wake up" Patrick whispers into my face covered with hair.

"What? What time is it" I mumble rolling over.

"It's go time" he claims and I laugh.

"Go where" I ask.

"I'll tell you if you get your ass up."

"What if I want my ass to stay in bed?"

"Then I guess I'm going to Singapore all by myself this morning" he singsongs and I shoot up in bed. I slowly turn to him as he stood at the end of the bed completely dressed surrounded by bags. There wasn't a hint of light outside and my dog had a potty pad ready to go.

"Excuse me" I ask.

"You see, I had set up this trip for two for a speed date in Singapore but I guess since you don't want to go I'll just have to go by myself" he shrugs over dramatically picking up his bags.

"Wait! No! I'm up. I'm changing. I'm packing" I say frantically and he laughs. I know I should have questioned this but I didn't, Patrick always has these fun trips planned but never in a different country. He helped me pack up and double checks he had everything he needed before we left the apartment. I grab my passport and he drags me to the airport where we get checked in and wait to board the plane. The whole time the smile on my face never fades. I've always wanted to go to Singapore so this was awesome. Now I get to do it with the man I love the most.

"So... how'd you pull this off" I ask.

"Well, you have been working like crazy and I go to training camp next month so I figured we could use a get away. I know you're in the middle of making a album but it is almost over and everything is about to get crazy, I wanted to go somewhere with you before it's too late. It's not that long of a trip and it's a little late but it's better than nothing" he shrugs. I grab his face and pull it close so I can kiss him. And I do.

"It's perfect. Thank you" I smile.

After a long plane ride we arrive at a nice hotel in Singapore. I was happy to finally put my passport to good use. We get up to the hotel room and I let out a gasp. It was so beautiful. The view, the size, the decorations, it was so romantic. I should have been tired from traveling and the different time zones but I wasn't. I was so freaking excited and this place was even cooler than I ever imagined.

Patrick comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. I lean into his chest as he kisses the side of my head.

"This is amazing Patrick" I whisper still looking around.

"This isn't even the best part. Look at this" he smirks. He pulls me to a sliding door and opens the blinds revealing a large glass pool over looking the city. You can see the whole city from there. Not a place to go skinny dipping, that's for sure.

"Oh. My. God. Is this real life" I ask and he laughs.

"It is. And if you're not too tired we can go for a swim" he says.

"I bet I can beat you out there" I challenge pushing past him and back into our room. I quickly change into a white bikini and wait for him by the door.

"How did you change so fast" he asks.

"There's like no material on this thing, it doesn't take much time to put on" I laugh. He pulls me close before grabbing my ass and massaging it.

"Having fun there" I giggle.

"Mhmm" he smirks. I roll my eyes before escaping from his grasp. We head to the most beautiful pool I've ever seen and set our things down on some chairs. Not many people were out allowing us to chill out. No ones recognized us so I was able to relax for once. He walks into the pool and swims out to the side to take in the view. I watch him with dreamy eyes as he resurfaced and shakes the water out of his hair. Nice.

"You coming" he yells out.

"Cannon balllll" I scream before jumping into the pool. I hear him laugh as I resurface by him yelling about how it was so cold. I get all the hair out of my face and see him standing there covered in water from the splash just shaking his head.

"How old are you" he chuckles.

"This many" I reply holding up four fingers.

"Come here" he laughs tucking me under his arm. I wrap my arms around him as we look out over the city.

"This view is killer" I admit.

"Mine is better" he replies smiling down at me with a smile. I try to hide my face in his side so he doesn't see me blush but it doesn't work.

"I know you're blushing" he teases.

"Stop" I whine.

"I will never trying to make you smile" she says.

"And I will never stop smiling to make you smile" I reply.

We spend the whole night in the pool just talking about everything. About the past, our future. Things that make us happy and sad. It's almost like we hadn't been together for over a year and we were just starting to get to know each other. But we knew each other so well that us just talking was so natural. Everything was so easy with him and as I stare into his eyes and listen to him tell stories about his grandpa I can't help but think more of this man I'm honored to call mine. And it was then when I realized that it doesn't matter where we were. We were always going to be together because the best parts of me was him and the best parts of him was me. Even if we don't get married or our jobs drive us apart, he will always hold a special place in my heart. He will always be my favorite distraction. And he will always be the love of my life.