Chapter Forty Five- Favorite Dream

Patrick

I wake up in bed with a killer headache and my body hurting like I just ran a marathon drunk. I look around and see the room all clean except for the bed I was occupying. I find ibuprofen, a gatorade, and breakfast set out beside me and smile to myself. I'm such a lucky guy. I consume it all and lay back down a little longer. After that I decide to take a shower before going in the living room to start my day.

I find Elizabeth at the piano with headphones on playing something. I haven't heard it before but it was beautiful. I stand in the hallway and listen to her sing falling deeper and deeper under her trance. I swear she has a voice of an angel. Or better even.

"I know you're there Patrick" she says and I snap back into reality. She takes her headphones off and I sit next to her on the bench.

"How are you feeling" she asks feeling my face.

"I'm fine, thanks to you" I say placing my hand on her thigh. "You seem... down. What's wrong" I ask.

"Nothings wrong. I should be bouncing off the walls with excitement right now. But I seem to overthink things causing my celebration to be cut short" she claims.

"What are we celebrating" I wonder.

"The band and I all got called into Tate's office this morning. He called to tell us that we've been nominated for a few American Music Awards for the best new group and best album. We also are going to be performing at the AMAs" she says.

"Baby that's so amazing! That's wonderful! Why would you be upset" I wonder.

"We also will be going on tour next year, from March to July all over the nation. The album comes out in December and Tate wants us to keep riding this wave we have been on since we first got discovered. But I don't know..." she trails off.

"Is this because of me" I ask and she looks up at me with teary eyes.

I feel my heart break because this is exactly how she felt when she made me leave. It is a terrible feeling honestly, unspeakable. But now I have to do the same thing for her benefit as she did for mine. Even though letting go is hard it's what makes her happy and what makes her her. She had to go.

"I'm always going to be here Lizzie, no matter where you go I am your home you can come back to. You can leave for a year and I will still be here, waiting to tell you how proud I am of you and that you are an amazing individual. I love you so much and I don't want you to go. But you have to. You have millions of fans out there waiting to see you. It would be selfish of me to keep you all for myself" I insist.

"I don't want to leave you" she whimpers.

"You're not leaving me. You're chasing your dreams" I try.

"You are my dreams" she claims.

"I'm only part of them. But there's a big part of you that belongs on that stage singing your heart out and you know it. It would be a shame if you were sitting here wondering what it's like to fulfill your destiny. As soon as I'm done playing I'll join you on tour. We will travel the nation and have the time of our lives. But until then I will not be what's in between you and what you are here to do, and that's sing" I say cupping her face.

"You're the best" she smiles.

"Only for you" I admit.

"So... you want to be my plus one for the AMAs" she asks and my eyes go big.

"Seriously? You want me there" I ask. My track record in the spotlight isn't exactly the best thing.

"I would love for you to be there. Who else is going to carry all my trophies" she jokes.

"I would love to trail you like a puppy and grant your every wish" I reply bowing to her.

"I would never ask you to do that... but nice to known you would" she teases.

"So, are you working on a new song" I ask looking at all the papers she had scattered across the piano.

"Yeah, you want to hear it" she wonders.

"I would love to" I admit. She plays a few keys before her soft voice dances around in my head.

"Close your eyes
Picture me,
We're cruisin around town I'm in the back seat.

Listen close,
Don't let go,
We're still young and there's still so much to know.

Oh baby leaving you will be the hardest thing,
I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Believe me that you're my favorite dream,
And I hope you dream of me too.

Open your heart,
Let me in,
Feel my heart race when your skin touches my skin.

Smell the fresh air,
Hold me close,
I gotta leave, but right now I have nowhere to go.

Oh baby there so much I want to do.
But there won't be enough time.
I hope that there is a part of me in you,
So our dreams become reality over time.

Open your eyes,
Follow my lead,
Don't you know you're my favorite reason to breathe?

Always believe,
Be on my team,
Baby, you are by far my favorite dream."

She finishes by looking into my eyes and I pull her close. I run my fingers through her fair and search her face for information.

"Did you just write that" I ask.

"Yeah" she replies biting her lip.

"That was beautiful" I admit.

"I meant it, every single word" she claims.

"And you're my favorite dream too" I say causing her to smile. I press my lips to hers and inhale her floral scent. My eyes flutter close as I start to dream. It sucks she was leaving and for so long but that is a long time away, we have so much to do before then. And I plan and making each moment until March one worth dreaming.