Chapter Forty Eight- Open When

Elizabeth

Lucky me, I get to spend my 26th birthday in the studio cramming to get this album done. All the songs were recorded and we just needed to perfect them and figure out the order. It's a tedious task but we still have fun. Always do.

"Can I please do the choreography for the tour" Allison randomly asks. This is why we never get things done, we're all so scatter brained.

"It sure as hell wasn't going to be your boyfriend" I say pointing at Andrew.

"Heyyyy" Andrew whines and the room starts laughing.

"I'm sorry, but last time you had me feeling like Beyoncé up there" Vivian chuckles.

"Sure didn't look like Beyoncé" I mumble and she pushes my arm. We had a tough love.

"So that's a yes for choreo Alli" Kurt says.

"I want pyrotechnics" Andrew claims. Here goes our train of thought derailing.

"I am way too jumpy for that. I'll stop singing to scream into the microphone" I laugh.

"I would still pay to see that" Kurt claims and I flip him off.

"Okay, so no explosions. How about some cool lights. Like a light show" Viv suggest.

"I like that. That's goods" Andrew agrees. We start talking about what we would like to see on the tour, and through the jokes and bad suggestions we actually figured a lot out. How the stage would be set and the big curtain we wanted. We were pretty excited. Now we just needed to finish the music which we were here for in the first place.

At the end of the day the band, Patrick, my real and adopted family, and some of the guys and their wives from the team were meeting at Chicago Cut for a birthday dinner. I was so excited to see everyone again and I honestly couldn't wait.

I go home and change before heading over to meet everyone. I'm taken to the back of the restaurant where all my favorite people sat around a table. I give everyone a hug and see my real dad with his wife.

"You guys came" I smile.

"Of course. I've already missed out on so much, but no more" he says pulling me into a hug. I felt so at home. I introduce him to my adopted parents and I wanted to cry I was so happy. They hit it off great and I feel my heart swelling with happiness.

"Thank you do much for taking care of my daughter. You did a amazing job" Tyler says to my adopted dad.

"It was my honor. She was a amazing kid. I'm happy she was able to find you" Jesse replies. I can tell it was hard for them to let me branch out and reach out to him all on my own but it means the world to me to see them both there. My heart was so full. They start talking and I feel a pair of hands go over my eyes.

"Reveal yourself or face the consequences" I threaten.

"Someone's sassy today, save it for the bedroom" they whisper and I roll my eyes from under their hands.

"Patrick..." I laugh.

"What? I haven't seen my girlfriend all day and I have such a great present for her..." he claims.

"Is that so" I tease.

"Please mam, follow me so I can show you the way" he says sticking his hand out. I hated leaving everyone but I wasn't going to complain about spending time with Patrick. I place my hand in his and he guides me away from everyone. I was a little sketched out but I trust him. He takes me out the back door and leads me to a ally into the street. It was dim but I can see what was for me. There's a basket sitting on a lot table all by itself and he puts me in front of it.

"Open it" he encourages. I take out the filler paper and the first thing I see is two walkie talkies. It had my name and his name in silver on both of them. I pick mine up and he picks up his.

"It works long distance. So any time you want to talk to me while you're on the road you just say "Shining Star to Patty Cakes" and I'll be there" he says into the walkie talkie. It worked so that's good.

"I'm never going to leave you alone" I reply over the wallow talkie.

"I hope you don't" he smirks. I set that down then pull out a box that said "open when" on it. I open it and there was a bunch of colorful envelopes that's said "open when" then a situation like "open when you're sad" or "open when you miss me". I know he wrote them because I always tease him that his handwriting is so nice and he should sign autographs for me. There were other things with his hand writing on it too like a bottle of ibuprofen for headaches and kisses for when I want a kiss. I feel the tears start up and find Patrick standing right in front of me. His breaths were getting heavy as he inched closer to me. This was so freaking thoughtful and I know he doesn't like to talk about it but he hated that I was leaving. I did too. But he wasn't maligning so much easier with this and honestly I was speechless.

"Patrick. This is so thoughtful and kind and..." I trail off before our lips meet aggressively. The kiss was so deep that I felt it in my heart. I know he spent a lot of time on this and it was probably really hard. It was for me at least. But this gift was the best thing I've ever gotten.

"Perfect" I whisper as our lips separate.

"I know you don't leave for a long time, but knowing it's coming is just as hard" he admits.

"I know. But I'm not going anywhere yet" I say. I pack up his gift and we return inside. We enjoy the good food and good friends the whole night. I catch up with my hockey friends and tell memories for my family. I know we were here for my birthday but it was so much more than that. We were celebrating life and this one I have is so nice.