Chapter Sixty Two- Under the Weather

Elizabeth

Patrick arrives on a series of off days giving us a chance to hang out. We were traveling, by bus, to the other coast to start that leg of the tour. Starting in the Midwest wasn't the best idea in hindsight but hey, you live a little you learn a little. Next time we're defiantly starting on a coast for sure because traveling for this long is a bitch. Patrick arrived in Washington before last nights concert and then I was super tired so we just fell asleep right after. But as it turns out I was more than just tired. I was actually sick, and pretty sick too.

I woke up this morning and spilled my guts into the toilet for a good while. Thankfully the plumbing on these busses were great. Unfortunately that only made me feel slightly better.

I feel someone pull my hair back and rub my back as I continued to spill my contents into the porcelain thrown. I'm not sure what I was even throwing up at this point. Finally I finish and flush the toilet before sitting upright.

"Are you okay" Patrick asks.

"I don't feel so hot" I admit. He feels my head and lets out a sigh.

"You're burning up. Did you eat something bad" he asks.

"I haven't eaten a lot because I hadn't been feeling good. I thought it was a cold but this doesn't feel like a cold" I admit.

"Can you walk" he asks and I nod. He helps me to a couch in the living room area and lays me down. He hands me a pillow and a blanket and a bottle of water. He sits next to me before pulling my head in his lap and running his fingers through my hair. I didn't want him to get sick too but I was too weak to argue. My whole body hurt and I didn't want to move from this position. I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I curl up into a ball and fight off sleep as Patrick continues to run his fingers through my hair.

"Are you cold" he asks and I nod my head. I was sweating but shivering too so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. He pulls out another blanket before wrapping it around me and pulling me close. I hate being sick, but I love that he is here to help me out.

"Patrick" I mumble sleepily.

"Yeah Lizzie" he replies.

"I can't wait to marry you" I smile.

"I can't wait either" he says. I fall asleep soonafter that little exchange and wake up some time later. After arguing with Patrick I let him take me to the doctor during a pit stop and they give me antibiotics that should help me with the flu I had contracted. At least we had a week before the next concert.

I spend the rest of the day either in bed or on the couch in the family area. Patrick was teaching some of the guys and girls on this bus the card games he played on airplane rides with the guys and they loved it. We were in these buses a lot and anything to keep them busy assures me that everyone wins.

This bus consisted of me, Pat, of course Precious, Andrew, Allison, and some of the light production guys. We all have fun and I make Precious try on all the outfits fans give me for her. She had more clothes than me almost. But we were a tight group and I know that whoever I'm with, wether it be the bad or the people who set out food, I'm going to have a good time.

Later that night I get up from bed and find Patrick on the couch watching sports center. I curl up into his side and he wraps his arms around me.

"Are you feeling better" he asks.

"A little" I admit. We sit there in silence as he plays with the ring on my finger.

"When do you want to get married" he asks.

"I've always thought winter weddings were beautiful" I admit.

"Okay, where do you want it" he asks.

"Somewhere warm. A nice church for the vows then somewhere we can dance the night away for the reception" I admit.

"And for our honeymoon" he trails off.

"Wherever... as long as its with you" I smile up to him. He looks down at me and I feel my heart skip. Even though I was tired and sick and stuck on a bus for the foreseeable future, I still felt loved and that was good enough for me.

"What do you think our wedding will look like" he asks.

"I see a red and white themed. The church small and beautiful, packed to the brim with the people who love us most. You'll look extra hot in a tux with a red bow tie and I'll find the most perfect dress. Well both cry a lot because we're emotional but we're also really cute. The whole night my eyes won't leave you because I know that I won't see anything better. Then after we get married and we have our first dance as man and wife I'll look into those deep blue eyes. I'll remember the first day I saw them and felt something inside of me ignite. Then when that fire is ignited once again, that's when it comes full circle and I will be the happiest woman alive" I say. The next second his lips are on mine and I pull away.

"Patrick! I'm sick" I giggle.

"You have antibiotics and your fever broke. Oh yeah, and I don't care" he claims before kissing me again. He pulls me up so I'm straddling him.

"I didn't know your doctor recommended a hockey player" Allison teases me and I roll my eyes. I climb off while Patrick sends her a glare.

"Liz! Tell you're boyfriend to stop staring at me" she whines.

"I'll allow it because I'm too tired to do it myself" I reply and she grunts. She leaves and Patrick pulls me back into his arms.

"Do you want kids" he asks once he knows we're alone.

"Yeah. I don't know when or how many, but I do. And I want you right next to me the whole time" I insist.

"I can't wait to marry you and start our life together" he says softly.

"Me either" I admit. We go to bed and he helps me get ready. I lay in one of his shirts as he lays next to me. I rest a hand on his chest as I let it rise and fall with him. And ever though I felt like complete shit I felt great next to him.