Chapter Eighty- Amazed

Patrick

We beat the Preds in 6 games and have a break before taking on the wild. Fortunately enough Elizabeth and I's three year anniversary falls on the break between series.

And being the good boyfriend I am I was taking her ice skating at the UC. Because that's totally unexpected right? We've skated together a few times at family skates but that's about it. She's a natural, but then again I don't know of anything she is bad at.

We get to the UC early in the afternoon and get laced up. She was wearing skinny jeans and one of my shirts which was way too big on her but she still looked extra cute. We warm up a few laps before she was able to comfortably skate next to me.

"What's it like playing here when it's packed to the top in red" she asks looking around.

"It's one of the greatest feelings in the world. So many people put their faith in you, they come here thinking that we are going to do something special and we don't want to let them down. All the people with my jersey on, it's so cool knowing that I worked so hard to get to this point and everything is so much better than I imagined.

You know as a kid you picture this stuff in your head, what it will look like, what it will feel like. And when it's finally time and "the playoffs" are painted on the ice and the atmosphere is a little more intense than normal I know that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

And the fans... oh the fans are the best. You won't find any better in the NHL or out of it. When this place gets rocking I feel like it's going to collapse. It's cool knowing I had something to do with that" I sigh. I look over to Elizabeth who was wearing the brightest smile on her face. "What" I laugh.

"I love listening to you talk about the hockey. About playing here. I know it's so hard and it can be cruel. I mean just a few weeks ago hockey had you sitting on the couch questioning yourself. But moments like this make it all worth while. I love watching you play because I can see how much you love it. I know this is where you belong, these are your people. This is your time. When you talk about playing here I can feel just how much it means to you, and that makes me really happy" she claims.

"See, this is why you're my wife" I joke.

We skate around some more before we decide to take a break. The lights turn off and there's a projection in the ice.

"What's going on" she asks. A picture of us at our wedding shows up on the ice and she looks at me. "What did you do" she asks.

"Watch" I smile. A slide show starts and the song we did out first dance to at our wedding starts to play. She smiles bright as pictures from the last three years appear on the ice.

"Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby, when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away

I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you."

A picture of us from the last tour pops up and she laughs that amazing laugh. It was of us squished together on the beds on the bus. She was laying on top of me and barley fit but we made it work. She was kissing my cheek and I was laughing at her as she attacked my face with kisses. It was one of the many many great memories I had from the tour. Each of the pictures shown had the greatest stories and was a testament of how great our relationship was.

"The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby, you surround me
Touch every place in my heart

And it feels like the first time every time
I want to spend the whole night in your eyes

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you."

The music quiets down and a video of her messing around on the piano shows up from just the other day. She was sitting in her Captain America shorts and tank top pjs with her hair on top of her head. It was one of my favorite looks of hers. Right next to the rest of them.

"This is what it's like in our household" I announce from behind the camera as she messes around and over dramatically hits the keys in different notes and rhythms.

"Right now I really want grilled cheese,
I haven't got up in a while and need to pee,
If you're wondering who ate the last ice cream cone it was me,
My husband is here and he doesn't like peas" she sings off key laughing every so often.

"Here she is everyone... Diamond recording artist, singer songwriter, Lizzie Star" I laugh.

"I'm obviously a fraud as you can see. I only do music because of the hot boys" she teases.

"Well it worked cause here I am" I joke back and she rolls her eyes. I sit next to her and put the camera in her face and she makes a funny face.

"You're so goofy" I comment and she giggles.

"I love you" I remind her.

"I love you too" she smiles. The video ends and the lights come back on. I see that she was crying and trying to hide it from me.

"Oh baby. Come here. I didn't want you to cry" I chuckle wrapping my arms around her.

"That was so cute" she sniffles.

"You weren't supposed to cry" I laugh.

"I'm emotional. And I love you so fucking much. Thank you for that" she says wiping away her tears.

"I love you too. And although it's only been three years out of a lifetime with you I still cherish every moment we spend together. We've had a lot of good times and most of them weren't even captured on camera. But when we're old and have nothing better to do we'll look back at these and remember how good life is when we're together" I explain.

"You're such a softy" she teases.

"Only for you" I admit. We skate around for a little bit longer before heading home. For our anniversary she got me a new saddle and we spend the rest of this beautiful day riding around the farm. And although this is not how I would have imagine ever spending my life in my twenties, I can say that there's not a thing in this world I would rather do than ride around this amazing life we created.