Chapter Eighty Three- Honeymoon

Patrick

After we held another amazing parade to celebrate another amazing championship we had three days for a honeymoon before the world tour started. As soon as we land back in Chicago us and our things are going to Japan. Our suitcases are ready to be loaded up on the plane and everything big we would need is already there waiting for us. But before we get to enjoy that getaway we get to finally go on our honeymoon. We were in Orkney, Scotland to vacation and honestly just relax. We've been on the go for so long this is the only time we have to rest before we are on the go again. Ever since we won the cup there's been a lot of partying and a lot of sleepless nights. Just a endless celebration of our accomplishment and Chicago is still going. I just stopped feeling drunk once we landed so I guess that's good. Not sure I'm gonna like this hangover once it all catches up to me.

After gathering our things and trying our best to figure out where to go a kind man took us to the resort and we get our things tucked away. We didn't have a lot of time here so we were getting right into it. There was a lot to do and see and not enough time to do it in. But as my amazing wife always says, it's not about the time given to you. It's about what you do with the time given to you.

We spent most of the day kayaking and I kinda sorta really misjudged how tired my body was. My shoulder felt fine, my muscles however were not. My arms were so sore they felt like jello but I wasn't about miss a second of this. Everywhere you look you felt like you were in a postcard. It was so freaking pretty and I had the best view in all the land following her around all day. The whole entire time she never stopped smiling. She was like a kid in the candy store will all the new sights. Always pointing things out and getting excited over whatever is new to her. And although kayaking in new territory was terrifying, I would do it all over again just to see her smile like that.

After a long day of kayaking our tour guide took us to a huge water fall that went into a watering hole. No one was there but I didn't mind any, some peace and quiet could be good. Even though we were far away from home we still get recognized. Her more than me. And I'm sure there photos of us floating around somewhere in the internet but I don't even care at this point. They're not bothering us and that's all that matters.

I change into a pair of red swim trunks and Elizabeth changes into a white and blue striped bikini. After admiring her, like I always find myself doing, we go into the water to cool off. It stops about waist level and I sink further into the water letting it consume me. It was a perfect temperature and apparently all natural too. That was pretty cool.

"I remember the first time we were in a waterfall together. We made these promises to care for each other and here we are, three years later, living up to those promises as a married couple" she smiles.

"I remember that day so clearly. I was so nervous and was trying so hard to impress you but I wasn't sure you were buying into my game. I didn't have game around you because you took everything I knew about relationships and just threw it out the window. That was the day I knew that you were the one to break me down and that I had to do everything necessary to keep you so I can find out who I was going to be. That was also my first time seeing you in a swimsuit and I have never popped a boner so quickly in my life" I admit and she snorts from laughing so hard.

We swim under the water fall and watch it fall from the inside. It was a little loud but it was the prettiest thing I've ever seen that isn't my wife. I've been to a lot of beautiful places but nothing like this. Elizabeth wraps her arms around me so all of my focus is on her and I pull at her waist. I look into those eyes that always got to me and fall in love all over again.

"If we were to have a kid... what would we name it" she asks me as she nibbles on her lip.

"I don't know. I kinda like the name Isaiah for a boy or Emma for a girl" I ponder. I would be lying if I said I haven't thought of this before. That's the conclusion I always came to.

"I think those names sound wonderful for our child" she smirks. I slowly back away so I can get a good read on her. I hold her shoulders as she beams up at me.

"What do you mean by that..." I trail off.

"Our kid... if it's a boy or girl I think those names will work wonderfully" she says.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT" I yell.

"Three weeks" she smirks and I nearly lose it.

"Oh my god I can't believe it. I'm going to be a dad! I'M GOING TO BE A DAD" I scream splashing around in the water. I turn to see Elizabeth standing there with a wide smile. Her long curly hair reaching all the way to the waist high water. Her natural amazon like beauty shining through. She was fiddling with her ring like she always does when she's not sure about something.

"You... I can't believe... we're going to be... you" I say making my way over to her. I pick her up and pull her close before she wraps her legs around me. I spin us around out of pure joy.

"So you're happy" she asks and I laugh.

"Happy doesn't even begin to explain the feelings I'm feeling. Four days ago I won my third Stanley cup. Two days ago I got to celebrate it a few million of my closest friends. Today I'm honeymooning with by far the most exquisite human being I've ever met. And in four days I'm going to be in Japan exploring the world with said woman under my arm experiencing things for the first time. I am on cloud nine, no, I'm on cloud ten. I am so happy and that's all because of you" I say. She presses her lips to mine and I pull her close. I felt like I was in the movie with the waterfall and with what she just told me.

"You make me the happiest man alive. You have to know that" I insist.

"I do. Only because you make me the happiest woman alive" she says.

After I settle down and we chill in the waterfall we head back to the resort. I join Elizabeth on the bed as she stares off into nowhere.

"What are you thinking about" I wonder.

"Are we ready for a kid" she asks.

"Is anyone" I laugh.

"I'm serious Patrick. I don't want to have to worry about it kid in the slightest" she says.

"We are a couple consisting of a professional singer and professional hockey player trying to raise a kid on the farm in the city. Nothing about that says easy. But everything about that says family and love and fun" I say.

"You're right" she sighs and I turn over.

"What did you just tell me" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't make me say it again" she giggles.

"Oh I'll make you say it again. I just hope I won't need any help from the tickler" I say moving my hands up her body.

"Please no. You were right okay? You were right" she smiles.

"I was right about what" I ask.

"You were right about our family. Because no matter what happens we will always have each other and that's enough" she smiles.

"That's what I like to hear" I admit.