Chapter Thirty- First Game

Elizabeth

Today I had to give a few interviews and had a signing downtown but after all of that I will be going to my first ever live hockey game. I couldn't be more excited and I couldn't wait to go. I watched him a lot when he was overseas but I was ready to actually be at a game.

I start off the morning on serous XM radio doing a interview with them and I was having a great time. The band was split up and giving a bunch of interviews to do around town. It was different with us not all being together but it saves time in the long run.

"So tell me the truth... did you ever see this type of success coming" they ask me.

"Absolutely not. You know I grew up on a farm and went to school here in Chicago and stayed out of trouble. It was always "get good grades and the rest will come to you". But at home my dad inspired me, he gave me a piano and guitar and the rest is history. I started songwriting and making music as a little girl, I did voice lessons for a while and now here I am" I shrug.

"How do you guys make your music? It's so different yet we love it all the same, what's your secret" they ask.

"It's just passion. Nothing is ever forced. We want to write, we want to sing, we want to perform and we appreciate what it takes to do so. I wanted us to be different that other bands, to use what we have and nothing else to get us to where we are... and we did it" I say.

"You got the band to sign with Def Jam records, what was that like" they wonder.

"It was awesome. I was so scared to say the wrong thing or that Tate wouldn't like me. Turns out it was the best decision we ever made. Tate has been great with us and I appreciate the faith he's had in us since the beginning."

"Well all of us here love your music. And you hair."

"Well the band and my hair thank you."

"Now lets talk personal. A little birdie told me you date a certain pretty boy hockey player around the area... is that true?"

"It is true. Patrick Kane and I have been together for a year as of April. He's been my biggest fan from the very start and I couldn't imagine any of this happening without him."

"Oh that's very exciting. What's that like?"

"It's great. Patrick has given me nothing but the upmost support and love. He is my biggest fan through and through and inspires me every day to be my best. He's my best friend."

"And the ring..."

"A promise ring."

"Cute. But I'm sure a lot of the guys are sad to hear you're off the market."

"Patrick's my number one, so sorry boys but I'm taken."

"Patrick has a bit of a reputation up until now, are you worried about that at all?"

"Not one bit. I can't speculate about what could happen, but all I know is what's happened. What has happened was we fell in love and he showed me things that I didn't even know about myself. For our first date he took me horseback riding because he saw some pictures of my farm growing up and wanted to do something special. We've made so many promises based off the love we feel and I know that if fate should have us apart for some reason I will still love him with all my heart.

He's not what they say he is, he's real and kind and if they reported the good stuff he's done people would have a totally different perspective of him. He treats me like a queen and I feel like I don't deserve him but he's human just like I am. We make mistakes, but another part of being human is forgiving the mistakes. I don't expect a lot from him, and he gives me more than I will ever ask for. He's everything I've ever wanted for a man and I'm blessed to have him in my life" I explain.