Chapter Seventy- Opening Night

Elizabeth

Today was a great day, today was the first songwriting session and it was also the first game of the season. Not only was today busy, but it was a early one. We met at the studio at 6 am to get a lot done.

I drag myself into the meeting room and plop into a chair.

"Well if it isn't sleeping beauty in the flesh" Vivian teases. I flip her off and everyone laughs. "I love how everyone thinks your this sweet little thing but you're so mean" she laughs and I shrug. She wasn't wrong.

We all had been songwriting and arranging on our own and today was the first day we would be sharing our ideas.

"Okay. I was thinking that we have Windy City as one of the bonus tracks. We never recorded it but it's a old song so it should be a bonus song" Kurt says.

"I was thinking the same thing" I agree.

"What should the other bonus track be" Alli asks.

"Maybe a acoustic song or cover. Or both" Vivian suggests.

"That should be easy. We can crank that out quickly and probably have the bonus tracks knocked out in one day" I agree.

"Sweet. So album title, anyone have ideas" Amber asks. It falls silent as we all just look around.

"I have a idea, but it's kind of cheesy" Andrew starts.

"You know the drill around here. We say everything that's on our mind because the worst thing you can say is nothing. So spill" I encourage and he smiles.

"Well to kind of stick with the star theme I was thinking something along those lines. But I've come to love the line If You'll Be My Star I'll Be Your Sky" he says. We all look around and nod amongst ourselves.

"I love it. That's so pretty, where did you find that" I ask.

"It's actually from a song... I wrote for Allison" he blushes and I try hard not to jump up and down in excitement.

"Ohh that's so cute" I squeal and he rolls his eyes.

"And that song can be the title track, as long as it doesn't suck" Kurt teases.

"It does not suck" Andrew claims.

"I'll be the judge of that" Kurt insists.

"Okay, so we have the album name, title track, and bonus songs. Just 14 songs left to go" I laugh and we all groan before laughing at our response. We sit around the table and brainstorm song ideas for hours. After ordering pizza and messing around the majority of the time we get the the first song out of the way. It was actually really cute and if Andrew doesn't purpose to Alli soon I'll do it for him.

I run home to change and do my hair and make up before we performed tonight. I walk inside and find Patrick all ready and fighting with his tie.

"Need some help" I laugh.

"Uhhh yeah. I guess I should have remembered to order it pre tied" he chuckles.

"Or you can learn how to tie to tie" I tease.

"Ohhh someone's sassy. I like it" he smirks and I tap his chest.

"Do you want to ride over together" I ask.

"Anything to spend more time with you" he claims. Such a kiss ass.

I change into my lucky red Kane jersey and jeans and red and black nikes. I try and control my hair and when it looks good enough I grab what I need and run downstairs. I grab Patricks hand and run to the car dragging him behind me.

"What's the rush" he laughs.

"I'm excited. I can't wait to see all the guys' families and watch people get checked into the glass and some cool ass goals" I go on. "I'm rambling again aren't I" I giggle.

"Yeah, but I I love it when you do that. It's cute how excited you get" he claims.

We drive over to the UC and I watch him walk the red carpet. Such a proud fiancé feeing that is. Then it was my time to do my things an I find everyone downstairs. The band and I talk to Jim and joke around with him as we waited. He was so cool and no one can sing the national anthem like him, wether it was American or Canadian. Eventually it's our time to go out there and I stand on the little stage they put out for us on the ice with everyone. We all take our spots and get ready to rock.

"How's everyone doing tonight" I ask as the crowd wave around their towels that was set out for the game.

"Can I just say how nice it is to have Blackhawks hockey back again. There is nothing like the madhouse" I admit. The crowd starts roaring and I smile to myself.

"There's so many things I love about the Windy City, I would be lying if I said that this place isn't my favorite" I admit. By now everyone is in their spot and we were ready to rock.

We perform the song and I had a great time. 22,000 of the best fans in sports all getting behind this team, it was so cool. I couldn't imagine being a part of any other organization.

After we were done Jim kills the national anthem like only he can and the puck is dropped. I head to the boxes where I am attacked by someone.

"Who is this" I laugh.

"Your best friend" they claim and I smile.

"Lindsey is that you" I ask and she climbs down from my back.

"It's me" she squeals and I pull her into a hug.

"I've missed you so much" I claim. I hadn't seen her since I went wedding dress shopping a little less than a month ago. I've been doing a lot of songwriting and she's been in Canada with Jon but it's great to see her again.

"I missed you too. How have you been? You look amazing" she says.

"I've been great, thank you. And me? Look at you! Your hairs getting long" I smile.

"Thanks. We have to catch up" she claims.

I sit with her with the best seats around and enjoy the game. I ask if she can do my hair for my wedding and she happily agrees. Her hair business has been growing... ha, get it... and I trust her with my most prized possession. She tells me that her and Jonny have been doing good and that he really missed playing. I'm glad to know it wasn't just Patrick who gets whiny when he doesn't play.

"Rumor has it you're about to have your writing session with Ariana grande, that's exciting" she starts.

"It is. I love her" I admit.

"Are you ever afraid you'll become too famous? Like a lot of good people like you have cracked under all the pressure" she wonders.

"It's crossed my mind. Then being with Patrick doesn't help, I feel like someone's watching my every move. But I don't feel like I'm famous, I don't let the pressure get to me so I don't feel like I'll ever get that far. I don't spend my money like crazy and I've never had a beer before or any type of drug. I guess you can say I'm very sheltered but it's worked this far" I shrug.

"True. It's just crazy to hear my friends say these things about you and they're all so true. How you are so down to earth and just love everything. I don't know... just crazy to see someone like you with 7 million twitter followers and 22 million Instagram followers not be changed by all of this" she shrugs.

"Because I have great friends like you reminding me why I don't have to change" I reply and she smiles at me. But I meant what I said, I'm lucky to stay grounded, I like it down here.