Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 124

340 10 0
By wth_kc

I am going through a huge emotional, tsunami-like storm.

Right, I don't know if you'd call me a sweet potato for something like this.

(T/N: calling someone a sweet potato means to call them frustrating and nonsense).

Since I know everything about this situation, I can't judge it myself.

I'm scared.

It makes me want to run away.

On the other hand, if I save Charles using what I know, wouldn't it be a happy ending for the both of us?

That's how I also feel.

If Charles likes me right now, then there's no need to worry about him falling for Abigail...

I'd only need to stay with Charles.

Then, the two of us could live happily together.

On the other hand, the question is whether this damn novel would keep Charles and me alive.

The situation is changing little by little, but anyway, to follow the major events of the story...

"Hah!"

I'm dying...

My mind feels like it's overloaded and will explode anytime.

I've thought about it at least a dozen times in a day, and my emotions jump at least hundreds of times.

"Whew."

While things are being frustrating, Charles's departure date is approaching, being only a day away.

Knock, knock.

"Can I come in?"

After the sound of knocking, half of his body has already entered the room.

I smile and nod my head.

"Thank you."

"Thanks—"

Charles closes the door right in front of Edgar who's about to follow him in.

Hearing an "Ah!", it's obvious that he has banged his nose against the door.

I cringe, imagining myself feeling the same pain as him.

"..."

As if he's under some absurd possessiveness, he even locks the door, and then strides into the bedroom and stands in front of me.

The figure of him standing tall with his hands behind his back—

He's a child.

He somewhat looks like that, too.

I hold back my laughter because while he's taller than Leo, he looks young.

So, if a man is not a child,

A dog.

I bite my lip, thinking that a smile would come out from the easily drawn image of a dog.

Because I'm not brazen enough to smile broadly at this man since I haven't decided in my heart about the feelings it had for him yet.

That's why I have avoided facing him.

Haiz.

"What are you doing?"

I raise my head as if nothing has happened.

"Ah, tomorrow is the day that I'll go to Condel."

Did you come here to tell me in case I didn't know?

As I blink towards Charles, he coughs and clears his voice, looking at me.

"Since you are waiting for me, I will get home safely without any troubles."

"......"

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable because of me. I want you to sleep well, and I don't want you to skip meals just because you are tired."

As he says those words, he rubs his lips in embarrassment.

"I will be back as soon as possible."

"......"

The tips of his ears are slightly red, and there are red, mottled marks on the nape of his neck.

His words, along with his body language, reveal that this is something he had never done to anyone before—

"I will."

I smile without realizing it.

"Have a safe trip."

However, not long after his dispatch, bad news fly in from Condel.

.

.

"The troops appear to be isolated."

"......"

Shit.

This is like the novel.

What rhythm do you want me to dance to?

I thought it was the right choice, but it wasn't.

This crazy novel still flows the same way.

It's driving me crazy.

I turn away, suppressing the urge to pluck my hair.

"Haiz~!"

With a long sigh, Edgar coughs through his clenched fists and takes a step forward.

"There's news that they're isolated, but there's nothing to worry about, Your Grace."

"......"

"Because this is so unusual in Condel. Isn't it a very steep mountain? Haha."

Let's look at Edgar's smiling face.

"I'm sorry."

Edgar, who must have sensed my unusual expression, makes a hasty correction and bows his head while politely clasping his hands behind his back.

Knowing that he is trying to comfort me, I nod my head and raise my chin.

"Ha—"

Contrary to Edgar's words, he is not isolated somewhere.

Strictly speaking, he's injured and unable to move.

The entire unit must have been attacked by Cadensha, and he must have survived.

To be honest, I wanted to believe his words that he would come back safely, but on the other hand, I knew this was going to happen.

It may sound crazy, but I thought, 'As long as he doesn't die.'

Am I crazy?

I shake my head at the flooding of negative thoughts.

First of all, I have to come to my senses.

If I can find him early...

"What about the search party?"

"I'm going to ask the imperial family—"

"Wait, wait a minute."

Under the current situation, if you request a search party from the imperial family, Kyle will appear.

That may worsen the situation.

I can't let Kyle prevail.

"Don't we have any manpower?"

Looking up at Edgar, I rub my forehead, narrowing my brows slightly.

"Condel Mountains are so extensive that we'd need to get support from the imperial family."

"What if you could narrow it down?"

"Then, it will be possible with only our staff... But we don't know exactly which side he's on."

"......"

I know his exact location.

He was rescued from severe injuries near the third peak, north of the Condel Mountains. I saw this described in the novel.

But if I tell Edgar that now—

It'll be proof for witchcraft.

I don't know if Edgar would believe me or not, but even if he does, he would want to question me about how I knew.

I can't be a witch.

Like a potato that is burned as a devil's plant, I will be burned at the stake.

I'm not trying to live my life like this just so I can die in vain.

However, if I don't speak up, the only way to save Charles, who is seriously injured, is to mobilize the imperial search party.

In that case, it will flow according to the novel.

After meeting Abigail, no matter how much I thought about it, the only way he and I could survive together is for Michael to become the crown prince, not Kyle.

You might think that the plot of the novel is ruined.

Hasn't it been ruined already?

The setting has already been broken, and there is no way Charles could fall for Abigail.

Because of that, there's no way he'll ever have a rivalry with Kyle.

That's a much more attractive ending.

Stop.

That's for when I come back.

The only way to save him without the imperial intervention is to search the place I pointed out.

What should I do?

It cannot be said that the duchess accidentally discovered it while wandering through the mountains to find her husband nor can it be said that the telepathy of love worked.

What to do

How do I turn this situation to my favor?

I chew on my lips.

What excuse should I give?

I keep shaking my head as if trying to come up with an idea until I feel a foreign sensation on his wrist with his fingertips.

The bracelet!

A magical bracelet studded with gems that had become blurry and transparent is shining on my wrist.

Alright.

Wouldn't it be possible to find him without turning into a witch by using this?

What if I stumble upon the reaction of this bracelet that Charles gave me and find him by chance?

That's such a good excuse!

Resisting the urge to applaud myself, I tap the bracelet.

But what is the radius at which we can recognize each other?'

"......"

No, above all else, did Charles leave while wearing this?

He has to wear this for my excuses to work.

'Oh my God, look at this. The red color is getting stronger! It's over there!'

I will be able to find him by acting and pretending that it works.

But, what if he's not wearing this bracelet?

"That is a problem. Hmm."

"Yes?"

At Edgar's reaction, he raises his voice as if he doesn't understand what I'm muttering to myself about—

"Nothing."

I shake my head, covering the bracelet with my hand.

Yeah, honestly, it doesn't matter if he wears the bracelet or not.

Strictly speaking, I'm not looking for this bracelet.

This bracelet is just an excuse to take people to the place that I know.

Then, first—

"Sir Halian?"

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Don't call the capital, but set up a search party with people from our side."

"But—"

Perhaps it's due to the duchess's unfamiliar words, he takes a step forward.

I raise my hand to stop him.

"I have an idea."

"....."

"I'll explain more in a little while, so please do that."

"Alright, I understand."

Although my words aren't credible, Edgar couldn't find a reason to stop me. I'm the decision maker of this castle in case there's an emergency with Charles, so he could only bow his head.

Looking at him like that—

"And can you bring me Hortman?"

I raise my head then ask politely.

"Right now." 

.

.

.

.

T/N: I have no deep thoughts for this beside wailing about how much I stan Charles and how he cares for Abella but that's beside the point (and ya'll already know about it by this point), but I really do enjoy that while Abella or Eun Jung won't admit her feelings for Charles and whatever, she's still on his side. Like if she wanted to, she could let Kyle be involve and let the plot play out but her ass really went, Nah son. Not today. You ain't gonna rob my husband who I do not love but sorta do of his achievement and make yourself the protagonist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 1K 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
119K 5K 29
I, Ishihara Jun was killed in a plane crash at the age of 18. I was on my way to a job interview in South Korea when another plane hit ours. I protec...
14.1K 1.4K 36
It took me fairly quick to realize that I, Watanabe Yasu, is in a shoujo manga. My childhood friend, Suzuki Momo, is the heroine. And I'm playing th...
73 1 13
Two hands together like before. Fire behind us. Gazes that crossed each other. Eye to eye, side by side. As we slowly walked backward. Farther from e...