Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 100

812 40 2
By wth_kc

In response to my direct question—

"What?"

Charles, who raises his voice as if it's absurd, narrows his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"Isn't the Diago duchy rooted in the Wicking people?"

"But—"

"The Wicking people have a shunjang custom."

"So..."

"I was wondering if there is a custom from the Duke of Diago where his wife would be purified when he dies."

He stares at me as I give a light shrug at the absurdity of the question I gave him. After a while, he grins, biting his lower lip.

"Don't you know that's an evil custom?"

"I did not know."

Is this an evil custom that will continue about three years from now?

"So, it's an evil custom, right?"

"It's been gone for a long time."

"..."

"If there was one, it was from a long time ago."

'A very long time ago' means that there is a precedent that it was done in the past. Therefore, it also means that it can be resurrected at any time to suit someone's taste.

For people in power, the law is an earring when it's worn on the ear, and a nose ring when it's worn on the nose.

(T/N: basically the law is whatever the people in power wants it to be)

In addition, the fact that Philip Dane, that motherfucker, isn't a traitor from start to finish, frankly, makes me frustrated.

It would have been better if his whole story was all a lie.

If that's the case, I might have felt a little more at ease.

But what difference does that make?

Even if I'm not involved with a shunjang, my future seems to end with death.

They are the ones who were intent on killing Abella by bringing out the long disappeared evil practice.

Will such people leave me alone after Charles dies?

But, it's too cruel.

The man who lost all of his power, including his dukedom, his money, and really lost everything, couldn't even protect his wife.

Of course, he was an openly cheating bastard—

That alone justifies his brutal ending.

The original cider for the villain was, 'Revenge is thrilling! Cider is the best!'

(T/N: Korean saying that after drinking cider, you feel great and happy so basically Abella's saying that his ending was good and it makes whoever reads it happy because he was a villain.)

I liked it, too.

However, when it became my situation, I thought, 'What did I do wrong?!'

As expected, humans are cunning.

"I don't know where you've heard that, but my mother should have died already then."

"Then, it may be that only the wives who don't have any children are martyred."

"..."

"Maybe that's why it just looks like the practice is gone."

Charles, who's puckering his eyebrows in response to my sincere questions, looks at me with a smirk.

His face, which I thought was just joking at first, seems a little serious to me as it slightly distorts.

"No, I wonder why the Wickings were buried with their wives for shunjang."

"I don't know what happened in the past, but it must have been at least hundreds of years ago. As far as I know, that hasn't happened recently. No, more than that, where the hell did you find out about that?"

"The library."

I'm lying.

What library.

Let's just wet our lips and lie.

I brazenly lift my head, wondering if it might be a bit better to be vague when speaking frankly.

"Library?"

He also tilts his head, as if he's puzzled.

"Yes."

He nods, unable to find any words to refute my decisive lie.

"...I see."

That's right.

"But you don't have to worry about that. It's a custom that has been gone for a long time."

Charles touches his lips, as if to clear his distorted emotions. He nods his head with a very disturbed expression on his face.

"Alright."

What's the point of fighting with him? It's going to happen in the future after he dies.

I'm not going to be here either.

Let's not lose our mind to useless thoughts.

Shaking my head, I look up at Charles.

"By the way, is Madam Erst okay?"

"It's said that she's fine."

Haven't you gone there?

I'm here because it was the founding period, but wasn't it all rushed because of Madam Erst's illness?

"Didn't you go?"

"Oh... I've been busy."

"Oh."

I keep my mouth shut, thinking that he doesn't want to go.

Because I'm no different.

"So I sent Edgar on my behalf, but seeing how his eyes were all bruised, she seems to be in very good shape."

"Oh my god. Did she use violence?"

"Perhaps he made a mistake?"

Seeing a small curve near the corner of his mouth, it seems that Edgar's complaints had already been heard by Charles.

"Sir Harlian must have suffered a lot."

"He said it was a good idea because he was going to file a complaint."

At Charles' words, who smiles as he delivers Edgar's rude words, I, too, laugh along.

Somehow, it feels like he's laughing like this more often than before.

Has he become more comfortable?

It's a smile that I could only see in front of Dr. Lejan before.

Or...has he come to like me?

As he's asked before, 'Are you ready to fall in love?'

Then, what should I do?

"..."

Every time I see him approaching, the types of worries have become more and more diverse. It's completely different from the first time, and more often enough to an extent that deep concerns have begun to grow in me.

I said no then, but I don't know how to deal with this feeling.

At first, I thought, 'Can I last more than a year?' like a joke, but now I'm really worried about whether I can really endure it.

Can I survive a year?

"What are you thinking about?"

"...I'm not thinking about anything."

Perhaps he's worried that I'm being too quiet, but he loosens his tie and tilts his head slightly towards me as he scoots closer to the edge of the sofa.

I turn my head away, avoiding his gaze.

"Are you going out tomorrow?"

Taking a deep breath, Charles gets up and unbuttons his shirt.

I think I can get used to it.

This man's body is still difficult to adapt to, though.

I look away to calm my beating heart.

"Make sure to look after your physical condition. Don't go anywhere for now."

"Yes."

Shaking his head, he takes off his shirt and lays it loosely on the sofa.

He is doing that on purpose.

Let's pretend to cover Leo's eyes and turn away together.

"Oh, and..."

As he's about to enter the bathroom, he stops and twists his upper body slightly to look at me.

"If I die before you, don't worry, I'll make sure that you'll eat well and live well enough that you don't even care about shunjang."

"..."

After he says that and goes into the bathroom, my tears fall without me realizing it. I cry for a long time while hugging Leo.

.

.

The next day.

"Your Grace, I have a servant sent by Baron Farhan."

I haven't been able to calm down my swollen eyes after I'd secretly shed tears yet. I then turn my head to the news of the uninvited visitor.

"Now?"

It is a visit that I have been waiting for since Charles had left the mansion because he has to work early in the morning.

No, I wasn't waiting for it. He has.

He's diligent.

How did you manage to find such perfect timing to the point where I can't even react?

However—

"Tell him that I can't meet today because I'm busy."

She has no intention of meeting such an uninvited guest.

It doesn't mean that the servant has come to take her away.

Crazy.

Who is telling who to come and go?

I turn down their invitation, which doesn't matter either way, and pick up the tea cup that Pope had poured for me.

Currently, I'm in the capital for the first time because of Charles's ridiculous excuses about Edgar's words and property issues...

I have no intention of meeting these people.

Why should I be stressed out by meeting people who have nothing to do with me?

"So, tell them that and throw them out."

.

.

That afternoon.

I'm quietly playing ball with Leo in the backyard of the mansion, but this time, it's Falcon who approaches me.

"Your Grace, Baroness Farhan is here."

Baroness?

If it's the baroness, then is it Abella's older brother who was sent off to be adopted?

He sent his only son to a relative's house so that he can be taken care of, but he seems to have brought him back after marrying Abella off and doing some housekeeping.

"..."

Shaking my head at their greed, I look at Falcon, unable to imagine how much more they're trying to suck out of Abella.

"I've been in pain since this morning."

"I have heard of it."

"But?"

"I don't think he'll leave until he sees you."

"..."

I narrow his brow slightly at Falcon's meaningful words.

Then Falcon, who clears his voice, speaks very carefully.

"They say he can't move even a single step until he sees his beloved sister."

I became a little ashamed. It's detestable for him to talk about his beloved sister while they haven't seen each other even once.

He is the son of Abella's parents.

Also...

I'm not going to meet him.

As it becomes clear that they are shameless people, I feel relieved as there is no reason to meet them even more.

"Falcon?"

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Where is he?"

"He's in the dining room on the first floor."

"Hmm."

You even let him into the house.

Did you think I would see him, or are you trying to force me to see him?

I still don't have confidence in Falcon, who has Philip Dane attached to me, so I look at him while holding onto the ball that Leo has given me.

"But, Falcon."

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Is this how people normally meet in the capital?"

For a moment, Falcon, who blinks as if he's embarrassed by my question.

"...Yes? What?"

"Even though he's the duchess's older brother, I wondered if it is necessary to see uninvited guests."

.

.

.

.

T/N: I'm gonna say it now, I don't trust Falcon's ass. Like Abella said, he placed Sir Dane next to her so...Also what happened to Ethan? The boy that tried to deliver the message and was sent by Falcon????

Secondly, how sweet was Charles. Like my boi didn't know why she brought up being buried with him but his ass was like, "Don't worry. I got chuuu. I'll make sure you'll live a good life." How is she still not believing in him???!!! Like GIRL I'm looking for a Charles and finding only dumbasses like Kyle...

Third, we're at chapter 100~~~ WOOO HOOOOOOO like I didn't think we'd make it!!! Only 130 chapters left to go...

R.I.P. My Braincells...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 0 7
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...
12K 767 34
"Get. inside. the. car. NOW" Asim threatened. I glared at him before looking at the huge guards. and then decided to run for my life. There was some...
14.4K 1K 12
Dropped into a novel she once read right next to the female lead?! What is Rose to do when the female lead keeps getting her into trouble. "I'm not...
120K 5K 29
I, Ishihara Jun was killed in a plane crash at the age of 18. I was on my way to a job interview in South Korea when another plane hit ours. I protec...