Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 41

2.5K 102 0
By wth_kc

After knowing that, I thought that I could understand the meaning behind the remembered conversation.

No matter how much the former duchess backed Catherine, Abella had allowed Catherine too much power.

It was a strange thing that I noticed after becoming Abella. Regardless how much power the head maid held, Abella is the duchess.

It doesn't make sense to have it gone on for this long.

It's obvious that there was something between the two.

I don't know.

I thought perhaps I would understand the contract between Charles and Abella after I figure that part out. Also maybe, I will also understand the involvement of Baron Farhan as well.

When I think about it, it's weird.

The news of her falling down the stairs and scraped herself were already pervasive in the capital.

That's why the baron must have known that Abella was in critical condition.

I didn't receive a letter.

"Not a word to ask if I'm okay."

The moment I try to think of Baron Farhan from Abella's memory, there's a sentence that comes to mind:

[Don't think about coming back. Let's die together.]

Right.

I lift myself up from the railing.

I belatedly recall from the novel what Lord Dane had said to Abella.

"!"

I then rush into the bedroom and lift up the mattress. I encounter the paragraph in the novel that I will face in the future.

[We can't die together, Ella.]

"Ella."

It's a sentence that I read over and over again.

A scene that I've read time and time again.

Why have I only seen this now?

As I raise my hand, temporarily lost in thought, I turn around and look at Abella's face in the mirror. Right at that moment, apart from the emotions that I feel, my heart beats erratically against my will, reacting to the name "Ella" in the novel.

Or to be more specific, it's not me but Abella's body.

.

.

"Eonnie, she's been doing funny things these days."

Evangeline sits by Marissa's side and crosses one of her leg. Even though it's her sister, does Marissa disapproves of the way she's shaking her leg since she has put down her teacup?

"... "

Evangeline straightens her posture and untwists her leg.

"She—"

It's still too undignified to say it from her mouth.

"Evangeline Ricalen Diago."

Marissa turns her head and calls out her full name.

Because Evangeline knows well enough what that gaze and call mean, and what would happen if that gaze persists, she corrects herself.

"The current duchess is acting strange—no, she's doing something."

She then licks her lips and chooses her words carefully as she stares into Marissa's eyes.

"What...?"

Only then, Marissa, who has her gaze on Evangeline, raises her teacup and takes a sip.

"She goes to the ranch to drink milk."

"Milk? Is that still being drank, Catherine?"

Marissa tilts her head towards Catherine, who's standing behind Evangeline.

"Most of the stories that came out of Evangeline's mouth now come from you, so explain it yourself."

"... "

"Tsk."

Evangeline pouts at Marissa's words and leans into her chair. Her face shows dissatisfaction, but she does not voice it. Even though she consistently acts spoil in front of Charles, she knows from experience that her childishness doesn't work on Marisa.

Marissa is also one of the few people the former duchess trusts.

That day, she must have sent my older sister a letter.

To be honest, she thought that it'd be her mother's maid, Fossett, who would come, but Marisa appeared instead. Therefore, she became a little embarrassed to be caught like that.

Marissa's more demanding than the former duchess.

Because she's scarier than my mother.

Marissa's personality is cold like a sword.

"She said that she would start a business."

Catherine begins to explain calmly.

Marissa responds in a bewildered voice, a bit late.

"... Business?"

"Yes."

"What...?"

"A few days ago, a story circulated from the diner table of the duke. It seems that she intends to sell milk in a glass bottle."

"Milk? Glass bottle?"

"I think she's crazy! Is she not?!"

Evangeline shakes her head as she bounces up and down, finishing up Catherine's explanation.

"The Duke of Diago and his wife in a milk business! It's amazing."

Evangeline fans her face to cool herself down. The more she thinks about it, the angrier she gets. She strikes the chair and makes a sound.

"She should feel bad for acting like a beggar! Who do you think our duke is, really! The position of the duchess is not an easy thing to get!"

Marissa bites her lips and looks at Catherine.

"I feel the same way. Not only that, but also glass smiths and a wizard from the tower will come in the next few days..."

"Wizard?"

Marissa, who now feels the seriousness of the situation, narrows her eyes slightly.

"And the chief executive."

As Marissa presses firmly on her temple, Catherine sighs, taken it a sign that she's upset.

"But the bigger problem is getting a maid to assist in order to stop it ..."

Catherine, who deliberately breaks between her words as if she's carefully picking what to say, glances at Marissa, who still has her eyes closed.

'Do it quickly,' Evangeline silently communicates via her facial expression.

Catherine sighs at her prodding and continues.

"However, the head maid appointed by the current duchess, My Lady, doesn't know her place and standing. What's more, there might be a relationship between her and the ranch manager, Paul. She also allowed a dirty soo-in to be there."

"... "

"At first I didn't understand why the former duke fiercely opposed, saying that he would abandon the Diago's Castle. ... ."

"But?"

"When I think about it now, it seems that he probably had a foresight. We shouldn't allow just anything without an origin or status to enter..."

Catherine then takes the silence as a positive note. At least what she said has the support of Evangeline.

"Catherine."

Marissa calls out as she slowly opened her eyes, still touching her temple.

"You're also from a baron."

"... "

"That kind of gossip is damaging to your reputation so be careful."

Catherine turns speechless. Her throat clogs up for a moment at Marissa's words directed to her. She then curls her lips and bites them.

"I'm sorry, my lady."

She takes a step back. That's also when she finds out what Marisa's thinking.

"What is the use of selling milk?"

"I mean—"

Marissa shakes her head and moves her hands in opposite directions, closing her eyes.

"She, no, the current duchess, likes milk tea."

"Milk tea?"

"I heard that you're supposed to brew tea with milk. It looks like dirty water. I saw her drinking it a few days ago, and it was disgusting."

Evangeline's arms cross as if she's annoyed just thinking about it.

"From one to ten, I really don't like anything about it. She added milk to those expensive tea leaves, and even put in sugar. She's really low class."

Evangeline then shakes her head, chewing on her lips.

"I mean, she doesn't deserve those things just because she met a well off man—'"

"Stop."

"Eonnie."

Marissa raises her hand to stop Evangeline from further complaining. This was something that she has not stop doing since the capital, and she no longer wants to hear it anymore. She then turns to Catherine.

"Where's the duchess?'

"I'm sure that she's in Lian Garden."

"Tomorrow, there will be a tea party before the banquet."

"Hmm."

"Eonnie, I really want—"

As Evangeline prepares to complaint again about her own suffering—

"I need to see her."

Standing up, Marissa smiles, ignoring Evangeline words.

"It will be fun."

"Can I go with you?"

"You'll stay here."

Marissa speaks firmly to Evangeline, who's jumped up from excitement, thinking that she could follow her.

"Why?"

"Let the adults talk to each other."

"Eonnie."

Evangeline frowns and looks up at Marissa with a sad gaze.

"Catherine."

She ignores Evangeline and stares at the main palace.

Hmmm.

Perhaps the current Duchess of Diago is a more interesting person than when she knew her in the capital.

Besides, there's a reason why she came to Lapel, and it's not just for a random reason. As per Evangeline's letter, she has to check if the duchess is really willing to divorce.

"Tell the duchess that I want to see her."

.

.

.

.

T/N: this chapter may or may not be badly edited so I really have no thoughts. All I can say is Marissa is probably a better opponent than Evangeline because she's not dumb.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5K 29
I, Ishihara Jun was killed in a plane crash at the age of 18. I was on my way to a job interview in South Korea when another plane hit ours. I protec...
3.7K 162 26
I'm Yamato Kusuo! A former 19 year old college student. I was told by some sketchy gods I went into a coma. Don't ask me I don't remember why.. I was...
14.4K 1K 12
Dropped into a novel she once read right next to the female lead?! What is Rose to do when the female lead keeps getting her into trouble. "I'm not...
57 0 7
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...