the assistant | hawks x reader

By irasellas

(Y/N) lives a special life, attending U.A in hopes of one day becoming a pro hero. One day, the number three... More

introduction
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24
part 25
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30 ⭑
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34
part 35
part 36
part 37
part 38
part 39 ⭑
part 40
part 41
part 42
part 43
part 44
part 45
part 46
part 47
part 48
part 49
༻✧༺ part 50 ༻✧༺
part 51
part 52
part 53 ⭑
part 54
part 55
part 56
part 57
part 58
part 59
part 61
part 62
part 63
part 64
part 65
part 66
part 67
part 68
part 69
part 70
part 71
part 72
part 73
part 74
part 75
part 76
part 77
part 78 ⭑
part 79 ⭑
part 80 ⭑
part 81
part 82
part 83
part 84
part 85
part 86
part 87
part 88
part 89
part 90 ✦
valentines
halloween
christmas

part 60

3.2K 88 32
By irasellas

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

At first it was just a gentle peck on my forehead, which I easily ignored and brushed off as Aki's drool. However, once I felt the shuffling near the feet of our bed, I couldn't just run it under the rounded rug.

"K-Keigo?" I rubbed my eyes, sitting upright on our bed as the snoozing toddler crawled up beside me. "What are you doing up so late?-"

"I gotta fly." he mumbled under his breath, shoving his fur-lined coat over his broad shoulders. "Love ya." he grinned for the last time, but that curve instantly faded away and transformed into another poker face.

"What?!" I yelped, my voice dry and hoarse as it was the middle of the night. I wrapped my body within the wrinkled blanket, heaving my feet off the edge of the bed and reaching my hand out to the pro hero.

"Hold on a sec!" the tone of my voice heightened with worry, as my toes curled into the soft carpet. "What do you mean?"

Our room was cold, and the thin glass door leading out to our balcony was kicked open. Midnight temperatures from outside gusted in with no care for personal bubbles, whisking aside the tips of my hair and shaking the curtains.

The only thing illuminating up the room was the moon, a magnificent full circle shining past our spotless windows. My arms were covered in blankets of goosebumps, my hair standing up and lingering over the edge.

The abstract paintings hanging on our walls turned into disfigured creatures, birds turning into tarantulas- and rabbits turning into wolves. Every surrounding wall began to cave in, enclosing me in this dark dome.

His wings appeared black due to the lighting, folded and ruffling with the breeze. Cleaned streaks of drool no longer anchored around the corners of his mouth, and all I could see was the feral glow in his golden eyes.

"Answer me, Keigo!" my voice cracked, and whether or not it was from the dryness or just pure emotion- I honestly couldn't tell. "Please, please, tell me."

"Can't we just go back to bed? N' cuddle with Aki.." I didn't want to cry, but was this really happening? The only possibility of where he was headed to was something I wanted to forget, I didn't want to accept it.

"Come on, quit flashin me those pretty eyes. You're tugging at my heartstrings." Keigo tried to smile, attempting to lighten up the mood even if it was just for a few shades. "Nothing bad is going to happen, alright?"

"But, how can we know for sure? You're safe here, you've always been!" I clenched my fingers into a fist, biting the chapped bottom of my lips and only creating a bigger sore trench. "So why now? Why, in the middle of the fucking night?!"

I noticed Aki squirming around behind me, snoring quietly and almost ready to wake up. I lowered my voice and used my eyes to plead and beg, but all my pathetic attempts turned out to be for nothing.

"Deku is going, and he has All Might's power. Endeavor's gonna be there too!" Keigo closed his eyes and smiled brightly, flashing me his teeth and showing me that same expression which made me fall in love with him in the first place.

I knew that the top three heroes were assigned to this job, but not even that comforted me. I had a weird gut feeling, a constant pull at my stomach that churned and tugged, making me sick. "Are you sure?"

"Positive." his feet moved backwards, slowly stepping back out onto the exposed balcony. I looked around our bedroom, spying every corner for something that would buy me just another minute. "Alright, baby! I'm ready to take off-"

"Wait!" I clutched his pair of black latex gloves within the sweaty palms of my hands, my feet nearly tripping over as I stumbled barefoot towards the open space. "You forgot something."

"Man, I'm awful!" he laughed, rubbing the back of his head and trying to pretend as if this wasn't happening. Nothing I said was going to stop him, I knew that fact as well as I knew the back of my hand.

"Thanks-" he was about to say, before I wrapped my arms around his neck and smashed my lips onto his. Now I could let it all out, the salty tears ready to tip over my waterline. They streamed down my cheeks, flowing like rivers.

I pulled him by the collar and never let go, the bulb of our noses grazing against each other as I stepped closer. His venom tunneled throughout every vein in my body, that intoxicating kiss of his that I never got tired of.

I took a slight breath between the gradual part of our lips, his gentle hands cupping my face and wiping away my endless tears. He hushed me softly, slowly bringing his fingers to the back of my head and scrunching my tangled hair.

"I don't want you to leave, Keigo." I shivered and sobbed, my mouth pulling away from his and my vision growing blurry with soulful oceans. "D-Don't leave!" he wrapped me within his wings, our bodies rocking in a waltz as he stayed silent.

"Please, please.. I can't live without you." the gloves dropped from my hands, floating down to the ground as if they were sheets of paper. "I can't live without you, damn bird." he laughed at those words.

He tilted his head down, our foreheads pressing together. The plastic edges of his translucent shades hit against my brow, while he remained still and calm. "You're making this really hard for me, y'know?"

"I can't live without you either, and that's why- that's why.." he pulled me by the waist, our hips hitting together and my nose wrinkling as I sniffled up my tears. "I won't die, I can't die."

"I'll do it all for you." he continued, my gathered courage allowing me to gaze up into his glowing eyes. They were a sharp honey, his black irises appearing somewhat catlike. He picked up the latex gloves, tugging them over his fingers.

And with a single flap of wings, he was off the ground- soaring high into the air. My hair flew back with each gust, the strength and size of his wings never failing to send me into a state of shock. I held his remaining touch close to my heart, peeking up at the pro hero.

"I promise!"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; after reading this sad mess i'll leave a few memes to hopefully make y'all cheer up.

i'm in literature right now and i stg english class is so hard, it's so much harder than math or chemistry.

i know that i write and all but english is SO TERRIBLY HARD?? i spend the most time on literature homework bc i don't know anything, i only have a high grade because of essays and well... the writing part 😐

hopefully hawks will be okay 👀🥰

credit: Kohei Horikoshi
words: 1177

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.2K 51
You're a former villain turned vigilante who happens to meet Pro Hero Hawks during one of your thievery acts. He becomes entranced with you, but can...
112K 2.4K 24
{completed} "... 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ" you'...
6.1K 170 20
This story tells of a tale of ____ who was a once a hero. Now an artist with scars of the past. This changes as she meets the winged hero hawks me. ⚠...
207K 5.3K 20
Y/n finished her years at U.A and is finally ready to start a new chapter in her life to become a hero. With a little bit of help, you found a job as...