Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 32

3K 134 13
By wth_kc

Well, considering Abella's evil deeds and her feelings towards him, that's most likely the answer.

However, if there was such an incident, shouldn't there be a rumor or at least an explanation in the novel? Or maybe a revealed from Abella's inner thoughts toward Abigail?

If there was such a statement, wouldn't it be mentioned in the novel like: 'Charles Diago asked his wife to divorce' or 'Charles said let's get divorced! It's because of her!'

It could have also been like this, 'After being married for 4 years, I'll be divorced. Are you happy now? I won't accept it.'

Abella's lines could have been short to give readers a chance to understand Charles' situation.

As important as the romance between Kyle and Abigail was in this novel, Charles' love for Abigail was also as important.

He was very desperate and acted like a crazy person, as if he could do anything for Abigail.

Oddly enough, in the passages of the novel, there was a sentence that said, 'Charles acted like a person who was born for Abigail.'

As Charles's love for her grew stronger, so does Abigail's love for Kyle.

It's almost like the novel is trying to show that even in such adversity, 'The love between them two will be forever!'

The novel drove Charles to ruin.

If he didn't commit the last evil deed to have her, he could have remained among the readers as a pure 2nd male lead. However, his love for Abigail was absolute.

The fact that I don't see any divorce efforts from Charles like that—wouldn't you be confused too if you were me?

Is this world's setting that restricted?

I'm not sure about that.

Mistresses are prohibited by law. It was something that the nobility, as well as the commoners, do not do.

Of course, there's really no way to stop human nature to involve in said affairs if they wanted to.

However, if any form of an affair is discovered, not only the parties involved, but the entire family, will be shunned from the social world.

Illegitimate children born as a result of an affair are also not socially recognized.

So it's understandable what an affair in this world means to someone of nobility.

It's a setup that even the emperor would be ashamed if he's discovered to have someone else other than the empress.

So, what the hell is it? How can the future Charles be proud enough to commit such thing?

'I love Abigail, but my wife is Abella.'

'I'm greedy so I will have both.'

What kind of trashy way of thinking is this?

From what I've seen so far, he doesn't look like he has that trashy mind.

This momentary evaluation of mine may be proven wrong at any time, but if I look at the current Charles in front of me...

Is there something that I don't know?

This is why divorce isn't possible under normal situation.

Charles, who promised to divorce at any time, even refuses to do so.

Why is that?

I turn toward Charles, full of question and doubts.

"Is that why you want a divorce?"

He meets my eyes sharply.

"... ... ."

I immediately breakaway from my thoughts and come back to our conversation at hand.

"... Yes? What?"

My reaction comes off a bit too strong.

"So, what you're saying is that you're going to give me a divorce for the sake of my future lover who doesn't even exist."

Well, that's about the correct conclusion.

"That's right."

I nod.

She may be a future lover that he doesn't have yet, but she's an imminent reality for me.

"You are too considerate."

He speaks coldly as he runs his eyes over my face.

I turn anxious, afraid that I might have screwed it up or offended his pride somehow.

"If you feel that I was being considered, then I'm glad. I was worried that you might have been offended instead."

I smile.

"So think carefully, Your Grace."

"... ... ."

"I'm being very serious about the divorce."

"... ... ."

"Life is very short."

I add brightly, unable to let silence fall between us.

"Ha—"

He stands up from his seat and makes a disconcerning sound.

Step by step, he comes closer to my side of the bed. My sore body immediately backs away on reflex, though it's an entirely useless action on my end. I feel like an elk who wants to escape from a wild beast but can't move because of fear.

As soon as my back, which has been stiff, touches the bed frame, I realize that there's nowhere else to move.

Stop!

"Why—!"

When I lift my head and raise my voice, he comes so close to my face that any resistance on my end has been rendered to useless by him. I stop speaking right before our lips could touch.

"The only woman who can stand by me is Abella Diago, and you are the only one."

For a moment, I feel lightheaded, forgetting to catch my breath.

"Why don't you think that woman will be you?"

He asks.

My heart pounds crazily, and I couldn't sit down properly because what he said sounded very sweet in my ear.

.

.

That conversation took a weird turn.

As in 'Are you hurt?!'

'Are you very sick?'

Then, 'Do business if that's what you want'

"Why do you think that my love won't be you?'

What unrealistic situation is this?

What—

The fact that I'm in a novel is already unrealistic.

After thinking about it, the whole situation has expanded to an extent that I can somewhat understood.

With a sigh, I lay down on the bed, on top my wool blanket. I then flap my arms up and down like a person trying to make a snow angel in a movie I once saw. I feel like I'm growing wings.

I also want to try and move my legs too but—'If you move your pelvis wrongly, great pain will come.'

When I really think about it, my hands don't want to move either.

I don't want to go through that pain again.

I then shake my head and just extend both of my hands horizontally.

"Oh, good."

It's a bed that I could now lie comfortably alone in, unlike when I was always hanging on to a corner and wondering whether or not he was asleep or not.

I should sleep alone after all.

How can two people sleep in one bed? It's too narrow.

Thinking like that, I turn my head toward the window with a pleasing sigh. The calming silence sends cooling sensation down my body as the wind blows in from the window.

I'ts much better without Charles.

How tranquil it is.

I really like it.

The time to spend by myself.

"... It's good."

I feel good. I keep repeating like I'm trying to brain-wash myself into believing it as the coolness of the mattress penetrate my heated skin.

Nevertheless, the unpleasant aftertaste I felt at the end of my conversation with Charles did not stick to the nape of my neck like a cold sweat.

Was the conversation a little awkward?

In the end, I told him everything that I've kept quiet about, except for how I've come here, but after my business venture was accepted by him, there was nothing else to be unhappy about.

What bothers me a little is that now I have to work hard to adapt to the novel. Since it's something that I've committed to, I know that I shouldn't feel uncomfortable about it.

Previously I burned with motivation to perform well and fail at my business venture.

So then, what is it? This light feeling that I feel...

After all, Charles consented to everything I wanted to do.

Still, I'm uncomfortable.

A feeling of unpleasantness and a feeling of emptiness pour into me.

Plus, Charles, who has behaved like an eye sore every night and tormented me from sleep—

'I will sleep in my place for the time being.'

Didn't he go back to his room?

In addition, the sensible Pope has prepared my favorite soft bedding and lilac flowers.

The room is even set at the right temperature and the softly lilac scent are perfect to relax a tensed mind and body.

There's even dim lighting.

Yeah, everything's perfect.

I just need to relax and sleep happily, so why do I keep feeling empty?

"... What is it...?"

I lay on my side, prop up on one elbow on the bed and chin tucked, staring at the sofa where Charles had previously sat on.

My drug-inducing, green sofa is now Charles'.

I stare at it, lost in thoughts.

I don't have anything.

No matter how much I think about it, there's really nothing between us.

It's just a remark that he said to make my heart beats wildly.

It's one of the countless phrases he uses to placate me. As he keeps shouting that he doesn't want divorce, he also says a lot of sweet and charming words to me.

Today, too, is an extension of that. Nothing more and nothing less.

Honestly, the words didn't affect me much if I don't count how Abella's body react to it.

Hmm...

My heart keeps beating like a siren inside my head.

Danger! Hazard!

Thump-thump-thump

Noisily and crazily.

Obviously, the ringing in my head and the pounding of my heart are out of the ordinary, but it doesn't matter. It's just me confusing the reactions and feelings of Abella.

If it wasn't for that conclusion, I'd think there's a problem.

To be honest, Medusa is very attractive.

.

.

.

.

Note: first of all, we got well fed.

We got somewhat a confession-ish even if it's dubious and Abella's developing feelings for Charles like what... Also the MVP of this chapter is my dumb boi, Charles, who asked all the right questions~~~do you know how rare it is that he makes sense?

Even as much as I want their development, I really do understand Abella's concern but on the hand, bishhhhh, you're falling so just give innnnnn for all our sake... pleaseeeee~~~

Thanks for reading ya'll~~~

P.S. can we get more scenes of Charles' acting a bit.. ahem, you know what i'm saying...  (¬‿¬)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 0 7
A princess. A chosen one. A marriage to the cruel king of the enemy kingdom. If this were a fairytale, it could be the premise of a perfect love stor...
4.4K 181 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
30.8K 1K 44
I stand there glaring at my husband. My Prince. His brown irises swirl, deeply glaring back at my own. "I suggest you listen to me, my princess. I s...
27.3K 1.1K 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...