𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒

If The World Was Ending
Btsinned
Summary:
Hoseok held the other half of your heart even after it was ripped apart in your breakup a year ago. The fear of expectation and forever clawed at what you both meant to another and the pressure broke you. With the end of the world on the horizon, who will you decide to spend your last moments with, if those moments meant forever?

Notes by the author:
Inspired by If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe ft. Julia Michaels.
This is inspired by the song and MV If the World Was Ending by JP Saxe ft. Julia Michaels. I literally only listened to this when writing this, which was literally done from 5 pm to 1 am in one sitting. I guess the whole pandemic made me all sappy and sad and I had to write this. Thank you to @magicalsalamander for dealing with me randomly texting her with ABWJJKSBIBIQ and listening to the story idea. Love you! and the banner credit goes to her! look at how amazing it looks!

This is fictional! If there is a national emergency similar to this situation, I'm almost positive this wouldn't happen. This is not an accurate representation of how the government would react. (Probably)

Genre: Heavy Angst | Fluff | Ex to Lover | Apolocalypse | y/n is a dumb bitch who doesn't understand her own feelings

Word Count: 4.3 K

Starring: Jung Hoseok | Reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was beginning to get cold. The summer season was coming to an end, the breeze getting chilly and the once lush green leaves slowly changing color, the edges becoming crisp and threatening to fall from their branches. The number of tourists has decreased as kids went back to school, the streets became less crowded, and business began to slow as well, calming down until winter came.

With a sniff, you walk through your neighborhood, glad you had decided to walk to work that morning because now you were enjoying the weather. While the wind was slightly chilly, the sunshine that kissed your face and back as you walked was pleasant.

You decided to clock out early today, especially since it was slow in the restaurant, letting your manager control for the rest of the day. While the bustling around your restaurant was nice at times, today, it was something that was not providing the distraction you needed.

You walk through the park, silently enjoying the scenery of changing leaves and dogs chasing each other or the birds. It had been a while since you were able to have time for yourself like this, where you could hear your own thoughts.

The clings of pans and sound running water was a part of the daily life you loved, but for some odd reason, today it only brought dread and a headache.

You had thought the structure that you had lost over a year ago was finally beginning to be rebuilt. Your old normal was gone, but now you were getting used to this new everyday life. Your daily life without him.

Just with the thought of him, you felt your heart clench, the back of your throat throbbing with a familiar feeling you were getting used to. With a quick shake of your head, you remind yourself. You didn't have the right to be hurt. It was your decision.

Even after a year, you remember how it went. When you brought up the breakup, he had agreed after a pause without a single argument. But neither of you could deny the pain and hurt in his gaze as he softly touched your cheek with his warm hand, pressing his lips to your forehead for the last time before leaving your apartment. Forever.

You were busy after that. Work kept you occupied, making you run around like a chicken with its head cut off. There wasn’t enough time for you to mourn how your relationship of five years had ended with just a single conversation.