𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Before I leave

crissy_writes_garbage

Summary:

In which reader thinks back on her life, and has to do one very important thing before leaving Seokjin behind for good.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Your life had been a huge cliché, from the moment you were born your life was planned for you and you were expected to follow it. And you did. And it hadn’t all been so bad, so long as you were a good girl and pleased your parents you were given everything you wanted. It was a business being raised in your household, and why should it be? As the daughter of a CEO and COO of one of the three biggest companies, it was normal for things in your life to be arranged as a business deal, it’s all your parents seem to know.

So how is it any different now that they chose a husband for you?

You had met him once in a New Year’s party, he had gone with his girlfriend at the time. She was around his height, her hair ended around her shoulders and it framed her face cutely, her dress was simple but she emitted an aura of beauty and grace. And when he looked at her you could see one of the most sincere and pure types of love you could only see in movies.

“They’ve been together for two years,” your friend said with a sweet smile “I heard he plans on proposing to her soon. God, I wonder what it’s like to be that in love?” you agreed with her, envying the freedom he had to choose his bride and the way his life played.

And now you’re meeting him once more, except his eyes are void of feelings and his smile is plastic, polite, forced. Both of your parents introduced you to each other over a lunch in a warm spring morning, you could tell by his stance that he had been forced to part with his true love for the sake of his parents’ empire.

“My name is Kim Seokjin, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“______   ______, pleasure is all mine”

When winter had arrived, so did your wedding, and through the months that passed you were both forced to meet and talk several times to build a bond between the both of you; The efforts were all in vain, and you could see it every time he looked at a passing couple and smiled bitterly at their happiness. You knew that he missed her, you knew you weren’t her, but you would be damned if you didn’t at least try to be friends with the man you are going to spend the rest of your life with.

After the show was over, you were finally alone in a foreign house with your now husband, still wearing the very expensive and very heavy white gown.

“It’s one of our summer houses” he explained “We would come here in summers when Father wasn’t so busy, and we would spend a lot of time doing family activities, we haven’t come here since I graduated elementary.”

A couple months later and your relationship with Seokjin had developed into something more but still less of what you hoped it could have been. It started on your honeymoon, a one-week trip to Greece, where the first five days were spent exploring the city and the following two were spent with the both of you drunk on sorrows and alcohol. You still remember how he was that night, lost in his misery and completely exposed to you, he had been the most sincere he’s ever been then.

You remember taking his hands between yours and consoling him as best as you could, “It’ll be okay,” you reassured him “We might have been forced into this, but it doesn’t mean we can’t make the most of it. I don’t know about love, but at the very least let’s be friends, alright?” he hugged you so tenderly then, crying into your shoulders and holding onto you as he fell apart.