𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

The Most Gentle Care

chrryblossomjin

Summary:

In the pandemic, life has been so stressful. Tonight hitting the peak of your stress from work, you come home to your husband Seokjin, who decides to help take all your worries away with the most gentle and sweet care.

Finally you clocked out for the day

Finally you clocked out for the day. This whole week had been nothing but stress. Being an essential worker during this pandemic made things hell in your workplace, from extra work being piled on you to dealing with the rude public, it all had your physical and mental state in a tailspin. Your body ached, your mind was drained, and you wanted nothing more than to go home and not leave the house or your bed for the whole weekend.

Dragging yourself through the door of your house, you ripped off your sweaty mask and dropped your bag and keys onto the couch and trudged into the kitchen where you heard your husband humming with his beautiful voice. Seokjin was standing by the sink washing dishes, stopping his hums when he noticed your presence.

"Hey jagi," he smiled, but immediately grew serious when he noticed the tears in your eyes.

"Hey. Hey," he said, quickly pulling off his gloves and rounding the counter to approach you.

"You didn't have to do the dishes, I-I was gonna do them when I got home-" you began to say with sniffles, feeling yourself about to completely break down from all the weight on you.

"No no, I wanted to do them," Jin said, gentle hands cupping your face and brushing away your falling tears. "You've been working yourself so hard lately. Are you ok?"

You wanted to nod, but even that unspoken reply would've been a lie. Instead you closed your eyes and hiccupped, curling your body into Seokjin's broad chest, his arms snaking around you. You take in his warmth, his natural scent, and his soft sweater which all immediately eased you.

"Aw, my baby," he cooed, kissing the top of your head. "I'm sorry you've had such a tough week. I wish there was something I could do to make it better. I wish I could make this all go away. And I'm sorry I've been so busy with album recording and performances lately. I haven't been here for you the way I should be."

"It's not your fault honey," you assured him, bringing your face out of his chest to look up at him. "It's your career. And this is mine. It's just been overly stressful all at once. I'm just grateful I get to come home to you. Even though our scedules haven't given us much time together lately."

"Why don't I run you a warm bath? You look so tense your shoulders are nearly as hard as mine," he joked. "I'll put some lavender drops in and we can just relax together. Does that sound good?"