𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Mistletoe

Katobobato

Summary:

In which you show Yoongi that he doesn’t have to spend Christmas alone.

It's almost Christmas and you couldn't be more excited. Time to decorate the tree, cover your entire house in lights and cosy up near the fire. It's the best time of the year so you couldn't understand why Yoongi didn't seem bothered.

"But it's Christmas, Christmas is the best". You pouted but your boyfriend only continued to stare blankly at the crackling fire.

It's your first Christmas together as a couple and unlike you, Yoongi was completely void of any joy.

After a moment he sighed and mumbled, "It's not that special".

You gasped.

"Why don't you like Christmas? Everyone likes Christmas". You continued to press on the matter.

Finally, he turned away from the fire to look at you and you felt your heartache a little seeing an expression of pure despair on his face.

"I don't like Christmas because everyone leaves. Everyone goes back to their families and leaves me alone". He explained, his voice low and monotonous before turning back to the fire.

Your heart only continued to ache as you focused on his eyes, eyes deprived of any hope. Does he really think Christmas is that bad? That he'll be alone? That even I'll leave him?

"Yoongi". You began, your voice soft, "You're not going to be alone this time, not anymore".

He looked at you again, a wistful look in his eye as he allowed a soft smile to creep over his face.

"Have you ever had a proper Christmas? With family and friends? Have you ever even decorated a tree?". You flooded him with questions. You don't know a lot about his family but you do know that they're not particularly close. Maybe he's never even had a proper Christmas.

He shook his head, "Nope, never".

Those two words alone were enough to shatter your heart into a billion tiny pieces but pair it with the way his soft smile fell once again and it'll crush your soul.

"Right, get up". You ordered, jumping up from your seated position on the sofa.

He raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side in questioning.

"Why?". He asked, getting up none the less.

You grinned, "We're going to decorate".

~~~~

It had been twenty minutes and all you had managed to get Yoongi to do was wrap tinsel around the doorframe to your shared apartment.

"Come on, it's fun. Give me a smile". You teased, poking at his soft cheeks. Not to your surprise he couldn't help but perk up a little, smiling despite his earlier words.

Your smile widened in response and soon you were skipping along to the stereo and popping a Christmas CD in. Yoongi rolled his eyes as you began to dance back over to the countless boxes of decorations you and he pulled out only minutes ago.

He patted back over and began to search through the boxes, looking for something simple to do. As he opted for hanging the stockings you began to pull out the Christmas tree, assembling it quickly.