𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

26. The Little Mermaid
LineyNiney

Summary:
Prompt: Disney Princess Crossovers.

He was a human.

And you were a mermaid.

What an unheard of thing: a mermaid in love with a human. But it was true. You were in love with Taehyung.

You had first seen the dashing young prince on the ship that you had come to the surface to see up close (against your father's orders).

He was dancing by himself on the deck of the ship; his dark, fluffy hair bouncing as he spun around, laughing his wonderful laugh as his overexcited dog Yeontan toppled him over.

He had almost seen you as you watched from a drainage hole on the side of the deck. He had looked up, and for a split second, his dark eyes had flitted to where you were hiding.

You gasped silently and jerked away from the opening, pressing your back against the side of the ship. Your heart pounding, you heard him get up and walk over to where you were.

"What is it, Prince Taehyung?" An unfamiliar male voice called out (like any of their voices were familiar anyway). You heard him say, not five feet away, "I don't know. I thought I saw something..."

You soundlessly slipped under the waterline, swimming under the ship, where he was sure not to see you.

But you wanted him to see you. What was the big deal about not talking to or interacting with humans?

Later that night, there was a great party held for him. You watched the fireworks, part of your soul aching to be there on the deck with Taehyung.

Then a storm had arisen. You remembered the horrible feeling of watching the ship sink and not being able to help. Then you had seen Taehyung.

Your heart leapt to your mouth when you saw him. He was swimming in your general direction, and then he just...gave up. You watched him slip beneath the crashing waves, his limbs going limp.

Then your heart overruled your father's orders. You dove down, swimming towards him as fast as you could. When you clasped him in your arms to bring him up to the surface, you almost had a heart attack.

He was even more beautiful up close. His hair was floating around his face in a warm brown halo, a blue bandana tied around his forehead, holding some of it down. His face, even with eyes closed and mouth in a tight line, was gorgeous.

It was right then that you had been tempted to kiss him. You were so close, and you would never get another chance. You had gotten an inch from his lips when a tiny part of your brain said No, this isn't right.