𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

Chapter 11

“How long do you think she’s going to stay like that for?” Tiffany whispers and Mrs. Lee pauses in wiping down the counter.

You haven’t even touched your food. Hell, you’d barely made your food. Were it not for Tiffany’s panicked look and Mrs. Lee’s quick reflexes you would’ve set the entire house on fire! You were in a daze and while Mrs. Lee had an idea why, it was still exasperating.

But nice.

Exasperating but nice.

You were staring out the window—chin on palm, full fledged daydreaming. In the process of fiddling with your coffee, that was probably ice cold by now. There was about a million and one things for you to do, but you haven’t done any of them. It’s fine. You deserved to play hookie every once in a while. Especially since you’re sure that your head would be stuck in the clouds for the remainder of the day. And why wouldn’t it be? After the night you had last night.

You weren’t expecting it to be awkward. You aren’t entirely sure what you were expecting after Hoseok had kissed you earlier—but your promise of ‘later’ was exactly that. A promise. And yet, after you had pulled away from him on the way back in, you had expected … how would you say … more? More touching, more flirting, more kissing. Just. More.

And yet as soon as you’d returned to the party, Hoseok was back to normal. Well, as normal as one could be with a split lip (you had taken care of the bloody nose personally, obviously). He’d sat next to you, had talked to you like normal, teased you like normal. But the most touching you got from him was when you brushed against the arm that was draped across the back of your chair. It was a casual move, one that would’ve been considered bold sans kiss but now it wasn’t enough. He conversed with your dad easily and your brother glared through out the entire thing but you were still on cloud nine.

You were however, drifting back to Earth with every minute that went by that Hoseok didn’t do anything. No lingering touches or hand holding beneath the table, none of his usual teasing antics. You of course could make the first move, hypothetically speaking … but you wouldn’t because you can’t. As hypocritical as it was, you literally couldn’t. You were taking your cues from Hoseok and so far the message he was sending out wasn’t a good one.

You weren’t mad per se. Because it would be silly to be mad. No—it would be like, super immature to get upset that your husband who was never really your husband was now denying affection after he’d been the one to initiate the kiss that you still had no clue what it meant but you had already told him you knew. And you couldn’t go back on that.

You could just imagine that conversation.

‘Hey, Hoseok remember when you kissed me and you asked me if I got it and I said yes? Well the funny thing is my brain short circuited and I have no fucking clue what any of this means but haha yeah’

No way in hell. You were not going to ask him. And you were not immature.

“Here take my jacket—“

“I’m fine.” You mutter.

But you in fact were not fine—you were freezing and it was surprisingly chilly on top of the fact that your dress didn’t cover much of anything. Hoseok cocks a brow at you when you shiver and despite your words, he shrugs his jacket off.

“Your teeth are literally chattering.” He snorts.

“I said I’m fine.” You snap, taking a step away from him and walking up towards the curb. You mumble under your breath, “Whats taking the stupid valet so long?”