𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

"Knock, knock!"

You looked up suddenly from your breakfast, surprised to see Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi piling into your house – well, not really surprised since they had no sense of boundaries and had barged in more often than actually ringing the doorbell.

"Good morning, boys," you greeted with a sleepy smile, Jeongguk offering no more than a groan to acknowledge them. "Seokjin-oppa’s at work so you have to make your own breakfast."

"Yeah," Yoongi answered distractedly, currently rummaging through your cupboards. His eyes landed on the sugary cereal that you were already enjoying. "Where're your bowls?"

You jerked your head in the sink’s direction. "On the counter. I washed them last night but haven’t put them away yet."

Jimin chuckled, picking up one of the dishes and a spoon from where they were drying. "Lazy day, Y/N?" You nodded.

Even though you didn’t have to work today, you still didn't feel like doing anything, still too exhausted from writing a three-page article featuring Taehyung’s interview. The distraction of your boyfriend’s constant texts and calls didn’t help your work at all and you’re pretty sure you had to edit the entire second page three times. At one point, you accidentally wrote an entire paragraph on Taehyung’s puppy, Yeontan, but it was his fault for bombarding you with photos. Two full days of typing made your fingers ache, but you still managed to return his sweet good morning text before breakfast.

"You are such a slob," Yoongi sighed and settled into the chair on the opposite end of the table, a bowl of cereal clutched in his hands.

You glared at him. "If you weren't all the way over there, I'd slap you in the face."

He smirked.

"So," Hoseok wandered over to the table where you sat, a soft frown on his face. "I guess, we need to talk."

It was your turn to frown. The two of you hadn’t properly spoken about his behavior the night you started dating Taehyung. Seokjin confessed to pissing him off and his attitude had already pissed you off, so neither of you made any attempts to reconcile even if you were in the same room together. Not even Jimin’s begging could convince you, although his crocodile tears nearly broke you.

On the other hand, Jeongguk had come into your room the morning after everything and crawled into your bed like he used to when you were kids. He apologized for yelling and told you everything he had told the boys about Taehyung and the reason why he was really upset. You gladly accepted his apology, assuring him that Taehyung missed him too. While you were finishing your article, Taehyung and Jeongguk had spent some time together at a coffee shop and reconciled, which visibly boosted the younger’s mood, his smile much brighter than before.

But Hoseok still couldn’t accept him. Knowing your best friend couldn’t even look your boyfriend in the eye without wanting to deck him hurt. It hurt that he couldn’t trust your decision to be with Taehyung, and a niggling feeling in the back of your head persisted, wondering if this were a sign. If someone who knew you as well as Hoseok did had such strong, negative feelings toward the man you were dating, what did that say about the relationship itself? Were you wrong, or was he? As long as Hoseok felt this way, you would constantly be flip-flopping between the two answers. You and Seokjin and Jimin had tried to come up with a solution that would possibly get Hoseok to speak to Taehyung and get to know the new him, but almost every scenario ended in one of them in the hospital.

Despite how bleak things looked, Seokjin and Jimin weren’t men to accept defeat even if you begged them to give up, so no doubt they would come up with another plan before tomorrow – you just hoped it was one that wouldn’t involve a locked room and a pair of handcuffs that Jimin had recommended with a disconcertingly cheerful, Jigsaw-like grin on his face.