𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑

valentine boy

starlightkun

Summary:

in which you’re reunited with your childhood friend and refuse to let him go this time

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Your childhood wasn’t an average one. Growing up in bulletproof cars and large estates and government buildings, always accompanied by at least two bodyguards and wearing clothes too expensive for rambunctious children who will grow out of them soon, tended to set you apart.

Being the daughter of a rather controversial politician warranted a different lifestyle from your peers. Your father wasn’t always so controversial and targeted, he used to be part of the single majority party in the government. It was when you were almost twelve that he started finding issue with their ideas and policies and dissented to form his own political faction. Both sides had equally impassioned and fervent supporters, making your whole family a target.

But recently, the two sides had been trying to reconcile, or at least come to some kind of agreement to keep the government from descending further and further into a state of chaos and inefficiency. And that was how you ended up at the all-too-familiar mansion of Jung Jaesung, your father’s biggest rival and oldest friend. When they were a part of the same faction, you would be at this mansion almost every other week, spending all of your time with his son that was of the same age as you.

Jung Jaehyun was the only person who you could ever relate to in your life; the two of you grew up together and shared your childhoods together. You could still vividly remember when you were eleven and he was thirteen, holding each other tightly in his bedroom as the two of you tried to ignore your fathers shouting at each other in the next room over. It all climaxed to your father bursting into the room and pulling you away from your best—and only—friend. That was the last time you’d seen him.

But as you strolled into the lavish mansion arm-in-arm with your father, you kept your eyes peeled for Jaehyun. Surely, he’d be here. Your father seemed to have spotted someone he wanted to talk to, as he suddenly changed course, the crowd parting to allow him to lead you across the room.

“Jaesung, Hwayoung” your father greeted the couple with a formal bow, and you followed his lead by curtsying.

The man gave you two a bow as well, “Ah, Taeyoon. Oh, and is that Y/N?”

When you looked up at him, he grinned broadly, “It is!”

The wife lights up at this, fondly looking over you, “You’ve grown up so beautifully, Y/N.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Jung,” you gave her a friendly smile back, eyes still scanning the room. There were a few younger men around the Jungs, but you were absolutely sure that none of them were Jaehyun.

The others around you began a tart yet civil conversation between them, and you were about to give up on looking for your old friend when someone bumped into your shoulder. You whipped around to look at them, just able to catch a brief glimpse of their face as they turned back to look at you. Your heart nearly leapt up in your chest as he winked at you before continuing on.

Jaehyun.

Muttering an ‘excuse me’ to your father and the rest of the group, you broke away from them to rush after him. You mindlessly wormed your way through the crowd, not caring who you body-checked or whose toes you stepped on. Finally, you latched onto his elbow right at the edge of the room.