𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Taehyung seemed way too comfortable in the restaurant. He seamlessly blended into the lavish and affluent crowd that filled the dining room, all dressed in fine Italian suits and tasteful gowns. Your simple dress seemed laughable in comparison. You could tell the boys felt self-conscious as well.

“Tae,” you whispered. “Don’t you think we’re a little underdressed?”

He glanced down at you, amused. “Oh, please – everyone else is overdressed. Who would eat supper in a suit that costs over two-thousand dollars? They all have a bad case of affluence, so don’t even worry about it.” You sighed through your nose and nodded, but you still weren’t placated. “Besides,” he leaned down to whisper in your ear. “You look better than anyone else here could ever dream to be.”

You hissed and smacked his arm. “Shut up!” Taehyung only giggled at your embarrassed expression.

Seokjin sneaked up behind Taehyung and tapped his shoulder. “Taehyung-ah, we can’t afford this place.”

“Don’t sweat it, Hyung,” he grinned wide. “It’s on me.”

“Tae, no –”

“No ~” he sang cheerily. “This night is my treat for all of you. None of you are allowed to spend even a single won tonight.” He made a point to speak loud enough for all the boys to hear, waving his finger for emphasis.

Jeongguk made a quiet whooping sound while the rest murmured to each other, unsure. You could just imagine the frown on Hoseok’s face at the fancy building but instead focused on Taehyung’s smile as the waiter sat you at the table he had reserved. The pure white tablecloth worried you since you just knew it would be ruined by the end of the meal. You were eating with the king of destruction, after all, so you just hoped the restaurant would be cool about it.

Once you had all been sat – Taehyung to your left and Jeongguk at your right – you observed the amazed faces of the others as they looked around.

“I think you broke our peasant brains,” Jeongguk leaned across you to whisper to Taehyung. The older man laughed.

Once drinks had been served and everyone had gotten over the culture shock, the conversation flowed smoothly. You learned that Namjoon and Yoongi had immediately hit it off the moment they met, once Seokjin explained that both of them enjoyed producing music. They could hold a conversation for hours about their hobby, completely blocking out the rest of the world. You found it cute. Hoseok and Jimin sat across from you and Tae, and the latter clicked with your boyfriend so quickly that you would have thought they had been friends forever. It only took minutes for the two of them to basically become best friends, their unique goofiness mixing so well together. It was all perfect and you couldn’t stop smiling.

Then the interrogation came with the entrees.

“So, Taehyung, when did you decide to start your own company?” Hoseok asked, licking a drop of sauce from his lip.

Taehyung set down his fork and swallowed the bite in his mouth before speaking. “I had decided to start it when I was a child, but my ideas didn’t really take off until about three or four years ago.”

Hoseok nodded. “That’s very cool, and you’ve built an impressive empire for yourself.”

“Thank you,” Taehyung smiled you could sense some uneasiness behind the grin. You took his hand beneath the table.

“You know,” Hoseok smirked, not making eye-contact as he laced his fingers together underneath his chin. “In the six years I’ve known her, she’s told me a lot about you. And I have to say, I like the red, but I’m still a fan of the silver hair.”