𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒

“What did you do?” Jamie’s cold voice demanded. She slowly rose from the bench, eyes burning with enough rage to burn holes into both boys. The two of them still stood off against each other, shocked and in disbelief.

“What did I do?” Hoseok barked, pointing to himself before rounding on the younger, finger thrust into his stunned face. “What did he do?”

Taehyung gained back some of his composure, enough to shove Hoseok’s hand away from him. “She ran away from you, not me. You’re the one who scared her away!”

“I’m sorry, were you not part of this conversation? Because, if I remember correctly, you’re the one who started it in the first place!” snapped the elder. “If you hadn’t run your big mouth –”

“Enough,” Jamie shouted, exasperated. Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears that displayed her own distress in the situation. “Both of you just shut up! This isn’t about who started this –”

“No, it’s not,” Hoseok growled through gritted teeth. “But it is about who hurt Y/N, and all I know is that when I met her, she was still broken because of him. She was spiraling into darkness because he decided he didn’t want her, even though you could never get anything better.”

Taehyung’s nostrils flared. “Shut up! That was years ago when I was a child who didn’t know what he had. Now I know that was the stupidest thing I have ever done, and I regret it every day of my life. I try so hard to make things right with Y/N and the others, but you just won’t let me prove myself! You just want to make me look like I’m still the same dick I used to be so that Y/N will run away from me right into your arms, huh? Why don’t you just tell her how you feel and make it easier for all of us?”

The silence of the night made it seem as if the world stood still where the two men stood facing off. Jamie glared at the both of them, herself afraid of what could erupt with all of this heated testosterone.

Hoseok’s shoulders rose and fell in time with his furious breaths, his fists clenched hard enough that his knuckles had turned white. “I don’t have any ‘feelings’ for her anymore; I told you that!”

“Bullshit,” Jamie huffed.

“I don’t,” he hissed back.

“Bullshit.”

“Will you just stop!” he exploded, his gravelly voice ringing in the silent atmosphere. “Are the two of you deaf? Did you not hear what I said? I’m not in love with her anymore!”

Taehyung sighed angrily. He glared at him as if he were ready to run him down like an angry bull. “Will you just stop lying to yourself?” he growled. “I’m sick of you deceiving all of us – even yourself – about being in love with my girlfriend. I can’t keep being okay with the two of you alone when I know you have romantic feelings for her.”

Hoseok didn’t say anything, instead, he chose to stare at his feet and shove his hands in his pockets. The way his fingers fidgeted in his trousers told how agitated he was growing under the interrogation. Finally, he took a deep breath and looked Taehyung right in the face. “Maybe I am still in love with her, but what difference does it make if I say it out loud or not?”

Groaning, Taehyung turned and kicked the fountain’s concrete base; Jamie jumped from the sudden sound. “It makes a huge difference!” he roared, arms thrown out wide with frustration. “God, I can’t take it anymore!”

“Taehyung,” Jamie softly tried to diffuse the angry man. “Please, calm down.”

“I can’t!” he shook his head, voice breaking from tears. “I can’t when he makes her so happy and when he knows how to calm her down and when he takes care of her. She talks about him so much and loves to tell me how great he is and how he helped heal her after I left her broken and depressed. How can I calm down when there is another man who loves her like I do and who calls her ‘Princess’? She’s my princess for now, but what if she chooses him instead? What if I mess up and she leaves me?” He grabbed his head in his hands and crouches down, elbows on his knees. “I can’t lose her again,” he cried as a tear leaked through his fingers. “Not now. And not to you, Hyung.”