𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒

Miss Right (KTH) - Book 1 of BTS 2026 series

TamZen (Tam_Zen)

Summary:

It's 2026 and several of the members of BTS have settled down and started their families. Kim Taehyung always thought he would be married and possibly a dad by the time he turned 30, but now at 32, he wonders if there really is a girl out there meant just for him.

no ships/no smut (but 18+ chapters), just a story of looking for true love, the meaning in life, and, making a surprise connection with a stranger.
All members are part of the story.

Completed 4/10/21!

Disclaimer: The characters represent the authors original idea of the members of BTS, and their imagined families, past and future. It's a work of fiction so the characters fit the narrative of the story and are not meant to be real depictions.

Notes:

7/20/21 I am updating and correcting a few errors I found chapter by chapter. The story is unchanged if you have already read it. I just can't let the errors stay!

Chapter 1: First Chance For Happiness

On a typical warm spring day, Kim Taehyung sits on a long black leather couch in the livingroom of his friends apartment. He restlessly flips through magazines and sips his tea slowly while he waits for Jungkook to finish getting ready to go out to lunch.

"Hyung?!" Jungkook calls from his room down the long hallway. "Is it hot outside?" Taehyung thinks about it, and looks down at his light jacket, and thin button down.

"No, it's very nice. You can wear a hoodie," he calls back. "But please hurry, I'm hungry."

He looks over to the full length windows overlooking the Han river. The sun is shining brightly. He gets up and steps closer to the window, looking down at the bustle of cars on the road below. For a moment, he thinks about all of the people in the cars; the workers on their way to the office, an ambulance on its way to the hospital, families on their way to an outing and a day of fun. They're all connected to each other through this stretch of road along the river, but unaware. He feels connected to them too, but somehow still alone. He's been thinking about being alone a lot lately, since his family moved back to Daegu and left him by himself in his large apartment. He's been spending more time at his friends houses ever since then, preferring to put off being alone in his house as much as possible. He had asked his mother why she wanted to move so far away from him and she told him unceremoniously that it was time for him to get a wife, and make his own family. She had been saying this for a while and it was not unknown to him that his family wanted him to be settled.

Truthfully, he had always assumed he would be married by now, and maybe even be a father. It's what he intended to do when he turned 30, after his military service was finished. But now at 32, he had made no moves toward finding that person he wanted to start a family with.

Several of his band mates had already begun their families. Namjoon was the first to get married and already had two children, a boy and a girl. Taehyung loved to be an uncle to them and visited a few times a week, probably too often. Jin had a little boy on the way and would be a father in just two months. Jimin was engaged to a very nice girl he met the year before. Of course Yoongi and J-Hope were still busy with work and confirmed bachelors with no desire to start their family life yet. Jungkook refused the idea of marriage completely, and being younger, he still had a lot of time. But Taehyung had always assumed he would already be a dad by this age. He wondered what he was waiting for.