𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

Chapter 12

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Hoseok doesn't know how he got here. You push his hand away for the millionth time and he suddenly understands your frustration whenever he gets annoyed that you try and patch him up.

"Hold still or it'll hurt more." He mutters and when he dabs the ointment over your cheek you hiss in irritation. "I told you to stay still."

"It hurts!" You scowl and if Hoseok ever doubted that you were the baby of your family, this last week confirmed it. Beneath layers of calm, cool, collected ____ was the spoiled brat waiting for her opportunity.

"Yes, ___ getting in fights hurt that's why you shouldn't do that." He glowers and you pout as he holds you still. "You're literally so annoying-how could you walk away from it like this?"

He makes a noise in the back of his throat as he cups your cheeks. Hoseok examines the cuts and bruises and chooses to glare, "Look at your face. If you can't fight then you should just take whatever the other person's saying and swallow it. Gosh .. this must hurt so much. Are you-?"

Your jaw clenches as you slap his hand away.

"___." Hoseok warns but you shove him off.

"I didn't lose. But even if I did, what can I say? I just wanted to be like you." You return, and it's the truth. There really was no winner, she walked away with as many cuts and bruises you did but Hoseok had chased after you to fix you up. Why did he even come if he was just going to get upset with you?

"For the last time, I let your brother hit me."

"You should let him do it again." You snap. "I'm sure he won't mind if I ask nice enough."

"___," Hoseok begins when he sees tears pool in your eyes. How could he go from never seeing you cry to witnessing it three times in the span of seven days. "Baby, I didn't-"

Only this time they were angry tears.

"You're so stupid, I can't stand you. Just stay out!" You grunt before shoving him out the door.

"But that's my-" You slam it in Hoseok's face and he lets out a sigh, "room."

He should probably start at the beginning-the beginning of the longest week of his life that is. And it's not that he hadn't anticipated it being difficult. In all honesty, Hoseok was tied up in fucking knots. Because as much as he didn't want Roa under the same roof because of you, his motives were also entirely selfish. Hoseok knew not one sane guy his age that would willingly live with the only two girls he's ever loved. On one hand, there was Roa-his best friend, his first love. When he was with her it was so easy to float back to the past, to the times when their touches would linger, when they were still in phases of pretending they weren't stupidly in love with each other. All the way back to college, the late night drinking and getting a little too handsy. Hoseok had been building up this entire thing because he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her-he had time. Or so he thought. Because in the blink of an eye, it was all taken away from him.

And then there was you-the woman who he's beginning to see through fresh eyes. Hoseok couldn't believe how blind he's been this entire time. You were charming, and sweet and funny and a little spoiled when you wanted to be. The right amount of bratty, the kind that men like him liked, but he'd never let you know that otherwise you'd tell him in three different languages how nothing about your personality was meant for him. Hoseok was just lucky enough to get to enjoy it. You were easily the perfect girl-someone men and women, probably would fight for the chance to even garner your attention. There were so many layers to you and every part that Hoseok uncovered he liked more and more than the last. The way he felt for you was unparalleled. He loved making you laugh and he loved seeing you with your guard down, he loved seeing you look your age because he gets the sense that you grew up too fast. He could relate. In the same way he's been groomed to be a CEO for most of his life, you were groomed to be the perfect wife.