𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Flower Arrangements
iq_biased
Summary:
From the moment you met Taehyung, his flourish for life drew you in completely. It wasn’t long before you fell head over heals for the tattoo artist who was so wrong for you, it felt right. But your story hasn’t always been an easy one, and just recently it’s become a whole lot more complicated…

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

How you met wasn’t important.

When people asked - as they often did when a couple with such dramatically different dispositions presented themselves - Taehyung’s shoulders would shrug, boxy grin popping across his lips as he dismissed them with some sentimental line about luck and fate.

He’d wax lyrical about the moment his eyes had fallen on yours, how your gaze had set a fire so passionate in him he’d barely been able to focus on the details of your initial meeting - it laying dormant and blurred in the depths of his brain due to the overwhelming sense of emotion.

The females would giggle in delight and laugh as he’d place a hand around your shoulders, the inked blue lines of art curving across his fingers as they gripped at whatever fabric you were wearing at the time in reassurance. The men would groan, eyes rolling in a fashion almost as dramatic as Taehyung’s own tale.

The truth was much more benign. A much simpler story that involved a friend wanting emotional support for the first tattoo she’d ever gotten. It seemed so risky, you were nervous to even agree to that in the first place. Where you were from, and with your parents, tattoos were a hard no. The thought of her father finding out she’d even visited a studio let alone allowed anything so disastrous on her body too much for her to handle alone.

Simple and small, a well concealed heart had been her choice. Just below the strap of her bra dotted onto her rib cage. A risqué position that required her to take her top off in full view of two men - something she hadn’t considered when she’d selected it. But Taehyung… he’d dealt with it so respectfully. Quietly reassuring her that it didn’t matter, that he dealt with this kind of stuff all the time. He’d even asked the other tattoo artist - who later you’d come to know as his best friend Jungkook - to go man the front desk to offer her more privacy, more or less kicking him out.

In the end, she shouldn’t have been so worried. Evident from the moment she’d laid down, it had never mattered to Taehyung she was half topless on his table. His eyes were glued on you the entire time anyway.

One thing was true about Taehyung’s version of events - that, despite the normality of it all, there was some element of fate involved. The moment you’d entered the studio and his strongly tattooed arm - the dark edged roses so prominent against the cream of his skin - had extended out to you in welcome, you’d known the course of your life would change forever.

And it did. In a whirlwind.

It had started with casual flirting - the chemistry you had with him so evident, even right from the get go, that he’d spent more time of your friends appointment talking to you than her. An unfortunately brief encounter, the thin outline of the basic shape had taken a meager 20 minutes at most to tattoo on her body. Ironic, considering it would be there forever. Dark and round, the shape was smaller than small. Tiny, even - making it so much more insignificant in contrast to his decorated body - the minute heart paling in comparison to the patches of work splayed across his flesh.