𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

/1:28 PM/ Taehyung: I’ll be there in 5, sorry to keep you waiting

You didn’t mind; You were early anyway. It was 1:15 when you arrived at the café, overexcited and trembling with nerves. This just gave you time to calm yourself down so you wouldn’t be sweating and endlessly fidgeting with the strap of your purse.

This was how you had been since last night, of which you’d slept maybe four hours, you were too wound up to even shut your eyes most of the night. Your initial excitement died down somewhat, but not enough for you to let yourself relax, but no one could blame you. Anyone would be excited to spend time with Taehyung!

Outside of the cute little store, you leaned against a wall, silently staring at your boots while your hands twisted into the pockets of your stylish, taupe coat. You had consulted Jamie on the pretense of finding an outfit for a meeting with friends, but she knew you didn’t have friends and called you out immediately.

“You’re going on a date, aren’t you?” she asked suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at you through the camera.

Your own eyes widened comically at the accusation. A fierce blush rose high in your cheeks while your mouth opened and closed soundlessly, searching frantically for an excuse.

Jamie just sighed and folded her arms over her chest. “Is it with Taehyung?”

“What?” you squeaked. “You’re crazy; I’m just going out with some friends.”

“If you exclude Hoseok, Jimin, and Yoongi-oppa, then I’m your only other friend, and I’m in Busan. Don’t lie to me, moron.” She stated, pouting her lips and staring you down with sharp, knowing eyes. “So, the only other option is Taehyung.” She was too perceptive for her own good sometimes, knowing exactly how to figure you out and expose your secrets.

“How do you know?”

“Because I know the two of you met up the other day for that interview,” her disappointed grimace became a smug smile. “You’re welcome, by the way.”

Your chin dropped to your chest. “You told my boss about Tae and I?”

She shook her head, proud smirk making you want to reach through the screen and smack it off her face, and her eyes twinkled. “I never said anything to your boss; I just told Taehyung you were in Seoul, and you work for a certain online journal, and that your boss had been trying to get an interview with literally anyone in his company, and he agreed that this could be good publicity for V and a great opportunity for you, that’s all.”

You prayed that that was all that happened. There was always a chance that this blabbermouth would spill everything about your lingering crush and the way you kept “accidentally” scribbling Taehyung’s name on your work papers, and all the other symptoms of love. She was a sharer, but only with facts about other people, never herself, and had embarrassed you at more than a couple of parties.

“Why would you do that, though?” You furrowed your brows. “You and Jimin always try to get Hoseok and I to date; So why would you try to set me up with Tae?”

Her red-painted nail tapped daintily against her bottom lip, eyes upturned while she thought. “I do love the idea of you and Seok-oppa as a couple, but we all know that won’t happen – you’re both too stubborn and clueless – so I’ve given up on you two.” She shrugged. “And I saw Taehyung in a fashion magazine a few days ago, and there was a small interview where he talked about his childhood friend – you.”

You pursed your lips nervously.

“He kept talking about how much of an inspiration you were when you were kids and how you pushed him to do what he wanted. He even talked about your fight and how much of an ass he was, and he even didn’t try to make himself look better. He was honest and humble and said he would do literally anything to see you again and fix everything. I kind of felt for him, and I know you still missed him, so I called him up.”