Chapter 101

3rd POV

As the night drew closer to the middle hour, more and more guests were ready to leave or trying to exchange courtesies with the Lord of the North, for future assurance, if you catch my drift. In fact, most of the usual gang was, by now, completely detached from the original purpose of the event. Sure, Odin was there and whatever, but that won't stop Bruce, Jason or even Desmond from enjoying a meal or a drink rather than suck up to a god. And in what seems to become usual, Rias, Sona and their respective entourage gladly went along. 

Here and there, there were subtle remarks regarding the upcoming match between Sitri and Gremory, mainly from Saji and Issei, both claiming they'll wipe the floor with the other, all in good faith. Leave it to Bruce to interject and ask to be entertained, amusing the others as well. It's a rare sight, but the brothers seemed accepting of other individuals such as Seekvaira or Xander. Don't expect them to be that vocal in the conversations, but they weren't getting on anyone's nerves either.  And regarding Desmond, he seemed...'better' than before. He's not exactly willing to have a discussion with Irina at the moment, even brushing her off a few times, being lost in thought, but he had mental support. Jason might not know a whole lot about emotions, but he sure knows how to cheer his sibling.

But this group isn't the focus right now, far from it. And before one asks, the adults, Alexander and Scarlett, along with their daughter, have also chosen to retreat in their assigned room for tonight. It would seem the escapade of today has tired Anna out, and the only she's allowed to sleep defenseless is while surrounded by her loved ones.

That leaves us with one missing persons, or is 2 in 1? Regardless, the eldest Creed was the first to retreat to his chamber after lifting his brother's spirit. So many things were piled up inside his head that it's been hard to keep track and no...that wasn't a way of saying Death has gotten fat...

One would normally care to take of their jacket, hang it and lie down, but that wasn't going to solve much for him. Out of all things, sulking in his armchair facing the window to see the moon was the one to cross his mind.

"I really wonder how the moon works in the underworld..."

"You're off to thinking about astrology again...", commended the ever present horseman.

"Not like I can do much else. Besides, as days go by,  more and more shit to deal with piles at my door. First the company, then Absalom, now Loki and the Chaos Brigade...It's a never ending cycle...", he seemed frustrated, stroking his temples ever so slightly.

"You remind me a lot of myself back in the day. I used to think doing the council's bidding was annoying..."

"You're saying it wasn't?"

"No, just that...it was simpler back then. Chop a head and problem solved.", he almost seemed sarcastic...almost. 

Somewhere inside, Leon too wished it was that simple, but another side of him whispers to not be so predisposed to savagery, especially after his last 'snapping'. But this time around, there's also a matter of personal life to solve. Like or not, it's not in his character to lead others on continuously.

"Now that we're alone, what do you think so far?", he switched to his physical manifestation and sat in the other armchair, across the table. 

"About what?"

"About the position I put you in. I don't like pretending that all I did was give you tremendous power and called it a day...", Death does not apologize, that's a given, but being remorseful is another thing.

"Ah...don't beat yourself over it, Death.", he lightly tapped the shoulder of the dead legend. "If it wasn't me, it would have been someone else. Besides, at least you didn't get stuck with some delusioned 'I'll take over the world' kind of prick, right?"