Chapter 3

Leon's POV

       Me and my brothers were back home, each of us thinking for an explanation for what we heard. It's not every day you hear an angel asking out a human. Such a relationship would certainly make them fall, but what if they're already fallen?

Jason:"So, any ideas?"

Desmond:"Unfortunately, no!"

Leon:"Hmm, it's only a supposition but I think I know what's going on."

     I was about to explain it to the others when I saw that Bruce was really spacing out.

Leon:"Umm, Bruce? Are you ok?"

Bruce:"ok? OK?! The pervert gets some girlfriend EX MACHINA and you ask me if I'm ok?"

    Not sure if it's the girlfriend part or the fact she suddenly appeared out of nowhere that's affecting him...

Now, despite his looks and, for the most part, good grades, because of his attitude, Bruce was never able to start a relationship with somebody. That's why someone like Hyoudou, who is a man of questionable caliber, getting a girlfriend out of the blue is annoying to him. Then again, the rest of us aren't that well versed in romance either, so I can't really discern just how unlikely it truly is.

Desmond:"Calm down, brother. I'm sure he just got some luck on his side."

Leon:"Not so sure about that one.", it's never lucky to be involved with the supernatural.

Bruce:"What do you mean?"

Leon:"Looking beyond the girl asking him out, she is most likely a fallen angel, and that can mean just one thing-"

Jason:"A pain in the ass."

Desmond:"I see...Could it be that the fallen angels found out about his sacred gear as well?"

Bruce:"Pff, that's the only reason they would be interested in humans...however, they're invading devil territory..."

Leon:"That can spark a conflict very quickly."

Jason:"True, but it doesn't make any sense. The current leader of the fallen angels is Azazel, and from what we know, he wants to preserve this peace."

...

Desmond:"Then, that leaves us with 2 possible explanations."

Bruce:"First, one of the other leaders of Grigori has other plans for the 3 factions, or-"

Leon:"Second, some of the fallen angels have gone rogue..."

...

Desmond:"Rias Gremory should certainly be warned about this."

Jason:"That would blow our cover. Besides, we have no obligation to report to her. This may be devil territory, but we're not working with them in any way."

Bruce:"Damn right! They can go back to hell if they have complaints."

     Good, looks like Bruce is done with his crappy mood. But whether we work or not, not sure how to feel of them dragging people into their world on a whim...

Leon:"For now, the orders remain the same. Just observe them and don't interfere. If they, however, approach you, you may take matters into your own hands, depending on their intentions."

      They all nodded and we ended the day, a very eventful one at that. And the circus was just starting.

       The next day, as if it became common thing, m and my brothers parked our bikes at the gate of the school, looking around for Issei in the mean time. He certainly appeared, but not alone. He presented the girl as Yuuma, the same person who asked him out. As you can imagine, his friends had many things to say, but Hyoudou did not stop there. He made his way towards us, specifically, towards Bruce.

Issei:"Yo pretty boy! Nice day we have today, right?"

      But Bruce just gave him an uninterested look, scanning from head to toe the girl instead.

Bruce:"Beat it, pervert. I don't have the time nor the interest in talking to you.", he responded calmly, surprising Rias, Sona, and the rest of their associates who just arrived in front of the school, but most importantly, it made Issei annoyed.

Issei:"Well, I just wanted to introduce somebody to you. She is Yuuma-chan...and she is my girlfriend."

      The perverted boy expected some kind of reaction from my brother, but he smiled devilishly at the girl and with a bored expression he said:

Bruce:"Is this all you managed?"

...

      Now, for normal humans, it would look like Bruce just insulted a girl out of the blue, but the devils couldn't help but snicker after hearing this, knowing the girl is a fallen angel. Not to mention her eyebrow twitched after Bruce spoke.

Bruce:"Look pervert! How about you keep your raging hormones to yourself, ok? I don't need to know details.", and with that, he left.

      Seeing as how he was acting out of character, Hyoudou came to us and asked:

Issei:"Is your brother ok?"

Desmond:"Depends on what you mean by 'ok'."

     It looked like another question was coming, so we walked away before it came. While I was passing Rias, I saw Koneko so I decided to have some fun. I came close to her and I petted her head, no cross this time. I have a soft spot for small white haired girls. You'll find out someday.

Leon:"Morning."

     The other devils remained in silence, even Koneko  widened her eyes a bit but did not forget to respond.

Koneko:"Yes...good morning.", I finally got to hear her voice. As monotone as I expected.

    Then, I walked away, not before tossing a chocolate bar to her. Again, that raised even more questions for the young devils. If I were to guess, questions were in order for her.

 Now then, what will this day bring upon us?

Not much apparently, as the previous day passed without a hitch. Hard to believe I know, but today was about to be different. Today, it's weekend and from what Bruce found out, Issei was having a date with his 'girlfriend'. I also heard from him that Rias was thinking of making the pervert a devil. He really did get into the mood for spying. Fair enough, but the fact that so many individuals took an interest Issei Hyoudou might mean the dragon is more important than I initially thought.

    At the moment though, I was floating around in my mindscape. As a horseman, I have access to certain memories of the previous Death and they sure were grim. Watching them, I found out more information about the supernatural. Things about the pure-blooded devil families, the Gregori, Heaven were invading my mind, but most importantly... The Council. Apparently, the council was something that was like a supreme judge. They had authority even over the 4 horsemen and they didn't hesitate to use War as their pawn. Now, I can consider myself lucky, the council died once the riders who were protecting it vanished, so now, I and my brothers are free. Still, that does pose the question why are we the horsemen now...?

    I would have watched these memories all day, if it wasn't for a message, a report from Bruce who was following the date of Issei and Yuuma.

Bruce's POV

    I spent my whole Saturday following the pervert around... to see him having fun. Can't believe I've reached such a low point in my life...well, certainly not the lowest.  At some point, I started to think that maybe Leon was wrong to be suspicious, but I still sent him reports in case there's even the slightest chance what he said is true. In the end, the 2 lovebirds reached the park and that's where the girl made a request.

Yuuma:"Could you die for me?"

    Thinking he heard that wrong, Issei asked:

Issei:"S-sorry, could you repeat that again?"

Yuuma:"I said, could you die for me?"

     It was at this moment that every little doubt I had vanished. It was clear as day she was going after the sacred gear, but I am not going to sit and watch. While being a pervert is annoying, that doesn't guarantee you death sentence, not by my very fucked up standards...

To be continued...