Chapter 15

Leon's POV

       I was very confused at the moment. Why? Because I was trying to understand what was Koneko doing here. Actually, scratch that:

Leon:"How did you even find this house?"

Jason:"Must be because of Sona's pieces. I bet she thought I didn't realize I was being followed.", He assumed.

     The little girl nodded in agreement.

Bruce:"Ok...then, why are you here?", He asked as confused as me.

Koneko:"...I need your help..."

...

     'Huh? Help?'

Desmond:"You need the help or your king does?"

Koneko:"...both..."

     'So this has something to do with Rias.'

Bruce:"Yeah, well, no chance in hell. You guys can sort your problems out by yourself.", He quickly responded.

     However, she ignored my brother and focused mostly on me.

Leon:"Sigh...what exactly do you need?"

Koneko:"... training..."

Jason:"I'm assuming it's for the rating game, right?"

Koneko:"Yes."

     Of course, Bruce continued to protest against it, while Desmond and Jason were waiting for my opinion. In the end, the final word was still mine.

     'Now what? I did say I wanted to stay out of it, but maybe this could be useful in some way...'

     After a few minutes of debating, I decided to ask a very important question.

Leon:"First, tell me, are you here cause Rias sent you, or cause you wanted to come here?"

Koneko:"...I made the decision."

    'Good. Seems like I can get something out of it.'

Leon:"Very well. I'll do it."

Bruce:"Huh!? What do you mean you will?! "

    It seems he didn't realize it yet.

Jason:"Think about it, Bruce. You get to train Rias's peerage, in other words..."

     A spark appeared in Bruce's eyes, understanding the situation, a smirk appeared on his face.

Bruce:"I see how it is. Fine then, I accept."

     The girl seemed confused by the sudden change of character, but she was happy with the results. With that, the conversation ended and she left for her home.

    All I can say is that somebody won't have a good time these next 10 days.

Timeskip
3rd POV

     Rias and her peerage were going to the ORC for the final preparations for their training camp. She already had a plan for each of her pieces, but she wasn't ready for what was coming.

    When the group entered the room they found the Creed brothers, all with serious expressions on their faces. As you expect, the devils were wondering what was going on.

Issei:"Aren't you a bit early-", he started talking when Bruce tossed him a backpack.

    Catching it, the bag dragged him down instantly.

Issei:"What the hell! Why did you do that?"

Bruce:"Because You're going to carry that all the way to the training ground."

     His eyes widened and he started complaining.

Rias:"Hold on! How do you know about it?"

Jason:"Is it important?"

Rias:"Umm, yes?"

Leon:"Well it's not from now on."

Akeno:"Ara Ara, you seem very enthusiastic. Did something happen?"

Desmond:"Let's just say we had a change of heart."

Kiba:"So, you'll help us to defeat Riser."

Jason:"no.", he stated bluntly.

     The devils were lost. First, they said that had a change of heart and now they're saying they won't help...

Rias:"I don't get you."

Leon:"All we'll do will be developing your abilities. What happens during the game is your problem."

Bruce:"Oh yeah! Keep in mind that we have our own ways of 'training' you."

Akeno:"Oh, just don't be too rough~", she teased.

     'This woman...sigh, she won't stop anytime soon', Leon though.

     While on the outside, it looked like they were willing to help, the truth was way different. They were doing this to see for themselves how strong can the devils get. Sure, being a horseman give you incredible power, but that's not a reason to be arrogant. What interested Leon the most was Issei's sacred gear.

     Death fought dragons back in his age of glory, but Leon was curious to see if the pervert could master its potential to the point of rivalling him. After all, these tools were created by God, himself.

Desmond:"Well then, we should depart."

     And so, we began our trip of 10 days. For some of us, it would be like a vacation while for other - their nightmare.

Timeskip

     The whole group was currently climbing a heal, towards Rias's mansion. Issei was still complaining about how heavy the bag is, but he got quiet when he saw what kind of bag Koneko was carrying. Apparently, this motivated him, so he ran the rest of the road.

     In the end, we reached the destination. As Leon suspected, it would be some sort of big building. After all, that's what devils were good at, showing off their prestige.

    The group put their things inside and went outside to verify their schedule.

Rias:"Ok, what do you have in mind?", She asked Leon.

Leon:"So, starting with you Rias. You'll spend most of your time in the library, learning strategies and analyzing Riser style of fighting."

Rias:"Sounds logical."

Leon:"Akeno, I'll have you train with Jason. Since you both have lighting based attacks, you'll be able to learn from him."

Akeno:"Ara, please be gentle."

Leon:"Next, Kiba. You'll switch between Jason for swordsmanship and Bruce for precision and reflexes."

Kiba:"Jason is a swordsman?"

Jason:"You have no idea."

Leon:"Asia, you'll also alternate between Desmond and Akeno. They'll both help you with your magical power. And I'm choosing both of them so you can interact with the magic of the same kind and different from yours."

Asia:"I-i will do my best."

Leon:"Koneko, you'll take me on. I'll help you develop further your strength while also increasing your speed.", He said, earning a nod from said girl.

Issei:"Wait a minute, what about me?"

Leon:"Haha... don't worry, I didn't forget you."

    Hearing his cold tone and seeing his dead eyes, the pervert couldn't help but gulp.

To be continued...