Chapter 31

Leon's POV

After the tiring yesterday, I woke up from my sleep...wait...sleep? I looked over at the clock on the wall and I slept for 9 hours?!

I quickly checked my body for any kind of mark and fortunately, there wasn't any. However, this is weird, the curse didn't kick in...

While I was debating for an explanation, something moved beside me in the bed. That's when I realized that I had slept with Kuroka in the same bed. My memories were all fussy, but I do remember her putting me to sleep...Then, that means I could sleep because of her?

"Good morning as well~", she said, raising up, giving me a full view of her... Now don't expect me to act like Hyoudou.

"...yeah...Good morning...", I replied.

In a way, I was still surprised by what happened, so I had to ask. "Did we...you know..."

"Sigh...well I tried, but suddenly you started moving in your sleep. Some strange markings extended on your body, coming from your neck. So, instead of doing that, I calmed you down and went to sleep.", She explained.

Now I see, but to be able to do that to me...the only possible explanation would be sage arts. Leaving that aside, I was indebted to her, and what could she want.

I took her closer and I paid her back for last night, the only way she'll be happy, with a kiss. I don't think I have to explain how surprised she was, but she didn't reject it either.

"Oh, did I make you fall for me?~", she asked seductively.

"Not fully yet, but I had to thank you someway."

It's was clear she was confused, but she sure is smart. "You...suffer from sleep deprivation, don't you?"

There it is, I've been discovered by someone other than my brothers. "Sigh...yes, it's part of me being a horseman..."

"... how so?", She continued.

"You see, becoming a horseman, I had to pay a price, my brothers as well. It's not something that anybody can endure. In my case, every time I try to sleep, I dream about how I'm killed. Every time it's a different method and sometimes, I'm not the only one...The best I can manage to resist is about an hour, before losing myself to despair, which represents those marks you saw."

This is my only and greatest weakness. While my body may be invincible, my mind is unstable. To be honest, even I don't know how much I can still resist.

"One hour? Wouldn't humans die from such a small amount?", Did she sound... worried?

"Normally, yes, but my powers won't let me die. It's an eternal suffering."

I wouldn't be surprised if she gave up on the whole idea of having my child.

"Then, should I come here every night?~", she asked, hugging me from behind.

...

Sigh, this girl is dead set on having me, doesn't she, but...

"As much as you would be a great help, you're a person. I refuse to monopolies you as my propriety.", I replied, flicking away at her forehead.

For some reason, I ended up being pinned on the bed again, while Kuroka was laughing.

"Hahaha, you're a weird one. Usually, people would throw themselves at the idea, while you...you rejected me instantly! But...I don't dislike that about you...", She said before going back to sleep.