Chapter 93

JacobAkaAntichrist brought to my attention the following:

Something is happening here, I'm telling ya. Anyway, let's get moving.

~~~

3rd POV

With a new day, a new adventure comes along, usually. But this time around we'll let the brothers do their own thing. The eldest sibling seems to have secluded himself in a forest at Sirzechs' suggestion. If he could, he would go back to the kingdom of the dead, but in case something happens here, he'd need to be able to act immediately. That and the fact that he can't afford other people escaping from the realm. 

Jason, on the other hand, went on a little ride with Ruin. According to what the horsemen know so far, even in states of lost control, they never seem to target their steeds, being something similar to a walking safe zone to anyone nearby. As such, Ruin is the perfect candidate for War to learn to feel emotions, even the slightest ones, with no risk of injuring someone. 

Desmond was the one with no mood for training, at all. To some extent, it was understandable. But on the other hand, they were already pressed for time and he knew that well. So when it came to it, Bruce's proposal to go together was the perfect motivation to get off his ass. Desmond can stand up to Bruce if he goes overboard and Bruce can restrain Desmond if he can't control his side of things. So it's a win-win either way. 

But these 4 are not the only ones with a set routine for today. Rias and her associates have started their training regime for the game against Sona. The official reception would be soon and then the game the next day, so time was of the essence. Some of them quickly adapted to their training like Koneko or Kiba, whereas others seemed less enthusiastic about their teacher. Sometimes dad relationships don't always work out. And then there's Issei playing cops and robbers with a dragon. I know, exciting, but we'll get to him later.

In close vicinity to the Gremory estate, the blue-haired knight of Rias Gremory was receiving personal lessons from someone she used to work for in the past, Uriel, leader of the Hellguard, and someone who might be promoted to archangel rank in the future. On the side, Irina seemed interested enough to tag along as she reconciled with Xenovia about her becoming a devil. 

Now, wielding Durandal isn't exactly a walk in the park, and Xenovia reflects that. Her swing is very wide and heavy against Uriel. But because of that weight, it makes it easier to deflect its trajectory by striking at the right moment in the same place.

Xenovia: "Damn it!", she shouted out of frustration as her attacks were redirected once again into a nearby tree. 

Nothing remained of the tree, mind you. But it goes to show just how precise Uriel can be. She did fight the previous War after all,  so it should be of no surprise.