Chapter 12

Leon's POV

      I was sitting under a tree, with my eyes closed. To any other person, it would look as if I was asleep, but I was fully conscious of what was happening around me. If you're wondering what I was doing...I was having a conversation. No, not with a person, with a 'friend'.

    His name is Despair, the horse of Death. Yes, they can talk but only to their rider through his mind. Why was I spending time with him? I like to hear him telling me stories about the previous horseman of death. Sure, I do have his memories, but I wanted to know how his companion's attitude about him was.

     From what he told me, we are pretty similar, especially when it comes to our brothers. But at the same time, we're complete opposites. The difference was in our idea of being a horseman. For him, it was a duty, something he had to do. For me... It's more of a curse. It may sound too rude, but that's how I thought about it when I first discovered, even now, in the depths of the mind, I still do.

     I was prepared to listen to Despair for another hour if it wasn't for someone waking me to reality. When I opened my eyes, I saw Jason.

Leon:"Is something the matter?"

Jason:"You may want to see this."

     Being confused about what he said, I followed him...to see Sona, Rias And their queens in a match of tennis. You would think it's normal, but they were using magic...while the whole school was watching them.

    Are they nuts? What happened to not keeping it a secret they're devils, or that went up in flames?

Jason:"What do we do?"

    I had to be careful here, so do not drag others in this mess, though I wouldn't mind the boys getting hunted by fallen angels... Seriously, why are all the boys drooling?

    Hell, Desmond and Bruce were quite intrigued by this match, probably one of their bets of who'll win.

   Fortunately for me, a little 'friend' took care of it for me...Dust. He is a crow given to him by the Crowfather, to help Death in his adventures, and as you guessed, he's helping me as well. Anyway, with a quick move, he caught the ball and took it away, forcing the match to end.

    But the 2 heiresses weren't looking as if they were done.

     Oh great...what now?

Timeskip

     Jason, Bruce, and Desmond were watching the 2 peerages fight each other in dodgeball, again with magic. Of course, I tried to leave, but my brothers dragged me here. At least there are no spectators this time. I can't believe Sona agreed to do that in plain sight.

    The match was intense, with some of the hits being able to break the bones of a human...well, a normal one.

    The match ended with Rias's victory, Saji and Issei possibly losing their chance to have a child and a missing ball. Why? Because nobody throws a ball at me...I split it in half...now explain that to the teacher.

     To be honest, in all this madness, I forgot why they were dueling. Apparently, it was for the right to go after a familiar in the underworld.

Leon:"Well then... I'll take my leave."

Akeno:"Ara, already?"

...

Leon:"I'm starting to think you're expecting something from me, judging by how you ask..."

Akeno:"Who knows, maybe?"

    She sure likes to tease guys. Fortunately, I'm not so easy to get.

Leon:"Sigh... I'll go back to my 'sleep'"

    As I was about to leave, a hand grabs my shoulder, stopping me.

Bruce:"Wait for a second, brother."

Leon:"What is it?"

...

Bruce:"I want to see the underworld.", He said bluntly.

. . .

Sona/Rias/Leon:"... What?"

Bruce:"I mean, I never went there. I'm curious."

    'Hmm... it's true that it may be good to see how it changed since the last visit of the horsemen, but-'

Sona:"I can't allow humans in the underworld."

Desmond:"Why is that?"

Sona:"w-why?", She asked surprised by the quick response.

Bruce:"Yeah! Why not?"

Rias:"Well, that's the devils' homeland. You have nothing to do there."

Leon:"*cough* hypocrite *cough*.", I said, earning a glare from the red-head.

Jason:"Actually...why do we need approval? It's not like we need you to teleport there."

That's... actually true. Ok, maybe we will go after all.

Leon:"Ok! We're going ...", I announced getting surprised faces from the devils.

Timeskip

    It's been half an hour since we got into the underworld and guess what...it didn't change at all...well, at least the forests. Someone caught on to that.

Akeno:"Hmm, you seem very familiar with the place."

 Suspicious, aren't we? 

Jason:"My brother isn't easily surprised."

 Depends on what kind of surprise.

    We walked for a few more minutes until Rias presented someone.

    Is this...You have to be kidding me...

   Before I could say anything, Bruce was already laughing like a lunatic.

Bruce:"Yo, Desmond get the camera. This goes on my Twitter. Who the hell said Ash Ketchum wasn't ageing? Hey, old man, did you 'catch 'em all'?", He asked still laughing.

    I had to admit, that was funny. For the first time in the presence of the devils, we shared a laugh. Even some of them were amused. And how couldn't you when you see this:

     Apparently, this was a master at catching familiars

     Apparently, this was a master at catching familiars...I think Pokémon wants their main character back, but who am I to judge. He probably had enough of those jelly-filled doughnuts or Brock was angry at him for having too many girls all over him.

    'Ok...slow down there Leon. This ain't the time to make fun an anime...'

...

    In the end, Issei didn't get a familiar, but Asia did...a dragon, in fact. All ended up good, or so I had hoped, but someone really likes to ruin my day. Why do I say this? Well, because when we are back in the ORC room, a silver-haired woman was waiting for us. Koneko was fast to comment.

Koneko:"I smell more devils around here."

Leon:"Yeah, and I smell a pain in the ass..."

To be continued...