Chapter 37

Leon's POV

Sigh...now I wish I didn't come here. Cause I have to deal with Odin...and I really can't stand him... actually, I have almost no tolerance for the Norse Gods... arrogant pricks... still better than the Greeks though.

Leon:"What are you doing here, old man?"

Odin:"Seems you didn't listen the first time. I'm here for important business."

Couldn't help it and smashed my fist on the table. Might want to be careful not to break it.

Leon:"Don't take me for a fool, Odin! What would you have done if my father was the one to come?"

Odin:"Hmm, enjoy a cup of tea and maybe tell him something about who I really am."

Leon:"...it looks to me like you can't wait to be put six feet under. Should I do it for ya?!"

The last thing I need is for this pervert to drag my family into this mess...and if that happens, I'll make that Serpent a present and give him the Asgardians as chew toys.

Odin:"Oh, struck a nerve? Maybe you should tell them before I do."

This time I didn't respond...just gave him a look...far from looking human.

...

Odin:"...ok...maybe I pushed it a little too far..."

Leon:"a little?"

...

Ok... breath, man, breath... don't destroy the building...you're not Bruce...

Rossweisse:"U-umm, i-is everything alright?"

Great...now I worried her...what else can go wrong?

Leon:"Yes...now, are you done wasting my time?"

Odin:"If you insist, let's get serious."

Leon:"I WAS serious."

Odin:"...right... Anyway, it would seem my son, Loki, has some ties to some... interesting individuals."

Leon:"What does that have to do with me?"

Odin:"This group is very active in this region. You didn't run into them yet?"

Leon:"No...but it does seem awfully quiet since the crisis about Kokabiel..."

Rossweisse:"Isn't that a good thing?"

Leon:"I'd rather not be too optimistic about it."

Rossweisse:"what?"

Odin:"Don't mind him. He has a weird habit of always expecting the worse."

Leon:"Better be prepared than sorry."

Odin:"... Right. Now, what do you propose we do about the results of my investigation?"

Leon:"The fact that I didn't run into this group doesn't mean it won't happen. I'd be a fool to ignore them."

Odin:"Exactly. The problem is that even if my son is a part of it, I can't take action on this territory-"

Leon:"Cause it's not your domain...and that's where I come it, right?"

Odin:"Exactly. You are, after all, very influential."

Rossweisse:"Influential? A human?"

Odin...you better not expose my secret to even more people...

Odin:"well... he's affiliated with the Gremory house."

...When Artemis will break her oath...

Rossweisse:"I see, so he's a potential servant?"

...sure... When Dante is going to pay his debts...

Leon:"... right... Anyway, based on what you told me, there's no way to avoid it. But...what will you do if it ends up in a fight between me and Loki?"

...

Odin:"I guess it'll be too much to ask you to hold back, right?"

Leon:"... I'll try..."

Odin:"You're... really considering it?"

Leon:"Despite how much dismay I hold for you, you bearded perv, I still owe for a lot in the past."

I can't be too ungrateful, can I?

Rossweisse:" Was that all you had to discuss, Lord Odin?"

Odin:"I guess it is. What do you say? Meet again?"

Leon:"Sure... When my grandmother will be Jeanne D'Arc..."

Odin:"...That was quite random..."

And so, he finally left. Maybe now I'll have some silence and peace. You know, sometimes I really hope this would just be a dream, not none of us would be horsemen so we could live normally...but then I remember what could happen if we weren't like this...

This is one of those typical situations where it's you Vs the world...which would you risk to save the other... And I don't think I need to explain how much I hate these situations.

As I rested my head on the desk, letting the time pass...I got a message. It was from Jason, telling me all that happened after I left. Great... Looks like the tensed situation if the family has been exposed...

I feel like Lady Luck doesn't know my address...or she is just a plain bitch... Regardless, I had no reason to remain at the office any longer. I grabbed my jacket, my keys and locked the doors.

One thought was still lingering in the back of my head. Who is the new piece of Gremory? When did Rias play Jesus...again? Guess I'll find out tomorrow... besides that, there's still the whole thing about Hyoudou and Ascalon...

It's official...I won't catch a break this month...

Timeskip

Finally home... can't wait to take a shower and relax after this tiring day...but yet again, the universe had other plans. Right as I stepped in, I was met with the serious eyes of both my parents, Scarlett and Alexander.

Scarlett/Alex:"Leon, we need to talk."

To be continued...