Chapter 112

3rd POV

          With the eldest brother there to keep Odin's mouth shut, the discussion went without much trouble, a sing of experience of dealing with the god beforehand. Most matters initially regarded the current tournament going on, eventually settling on continuing it after a brief pause to allow players that have helped against the uprising to rest. 

"The underworld can probably take care of the loose ends such as rectifying match-ups and whatnot, right?", the human raised an eyebrow at the devil king Lucifer. 

Said devil returned without a second wasted. "Without a doubt. Granted, now that it was proven Diodora Astaroth's abilities received aid from foreign parties, those who have lost in a rating game against him should receive a second chance."

"Agreed.", multiple people, at the table or standing, voiced their support for this idea. 

"Then this is going into details to be settled at another time. I see no use in further wasting the kings' time. And frankly, I don't think they should concern themselves with the subjects to follow.", Asmodeus was quick to add, a sentiment the young Creed shared.

It would certainly be easier to not beat around the bush with young devils around, needlessly increasing their paranoia. Soon, said devils moved outside, to convey what they've been told to their own teams, leaving only the most important figures to proceed further. 

The only human at the table let out an audible sigh, stretching his arms outward in relief. 

"Didn't catch a good sleep last night, lad?", the bearded Norseman smugly questioned, testing the waters of the now-human Leon Creed. In fact, the devil king Leviathan watched him closely for an answer, with narrow eyes as she caught wind of the black cat supposedly aiding in his recovery...whatever that might entail. 

"If by last night you mean past 5 years...speaks for itself, doesn't it?", he leaned back in his chair, cocking an eyebrow upwards. "Or are you perhaps waiting to see my vulnerable side, Lord Odin?", he deliberately emphasized the title.

"Valhalla knows it would be reassuring to know you have one. Would convince more people you're a normal guy. Alas, wishful thinking."

"Glad you're quick on the uptake. Now, anyone want to fill me in on the details of what the hell happened back there and then? Cause let's get one thing straighten out. I don't regret the choice I made to help my brother... but I am not particularly happy that he's been put in those circumstances either."

He reassured Akeno out of responsibility, but the boy still wanted answers, and he wanted them quick. Unbeknown to him however, was that 2 eager eyes besides those of Serafall were sizing him up, the eyes of his blond sibling, Bruce Creed, the new leader of the Horsemen.

Despite the new title, the blond only received worries and anxiety because of it.  Even now, the conversion from a few days ago with his lover constantly played in his mind, thankful that this time he was wrong and she was right.

If you were to ask Desmond what happened that day when Bruce picked Sona up his shoulder and disappeared, the answers may vary, all the way to the possibility of becoming an uncle. The reality however is not that clear cut. To begin with, Strife would never force himself upon Sona, as tough as he looks on the outside. 

With the slam of the door, the young devil girl was thrown onto the bed with messy sheets, left like that by Bruce in the morning.

"W-wait! What are you-", she yelped readjusting her glasses to pinpoint the boy, but he was already sinking his face deep in her lap, even the slightest exhale tingling the girl's soft skin.