Chapter 66

Leon's POV

I really hope Sirzechs didn't lose some screws. I don't think his kid is as bad a him, considering his age, but his father had to resort to hidden measures to put a stop to a marriage his sister didn't want instead of just putting her happiness first on the list. Ain't no brother in my eyes.

Putting that aside, I should prepare myself.

Leon:"Time for a trip. Hope it'll pay off."

???:"Not going anywhere."

Behind me, Tsubaki had an Asian style spear pointed at my neck. It's more for the effect, considering my abilities.

Leon:"...and people ask me why don't I trust people more."

Tsubaki:"I have my reasons, I assure you. Right now, a member of the Chaos Brigade was here, am I right?"

Leon:"Your point being?"

Tsubaki:"You shouldn't underestimate the hearing of a devil. I clearly heard the mention of the name 'Kuroka' and something about a special relationship. Explain!"

...

Looking at her arm gripping the spear...fear, huh? Or maybe hesitation taking Bruce into account...

...

Tsubaki:"No...flames?"

Out of all things, that's what surprises you?

Leon:"You preferred if I would act all dangerous?"

Tsubaki:"Yes. I mean No! It's just-"

Leon:"Out of character. I get that a lot when I'm caught in a bland mood. The thing is, I can't blame you for being cautious, considering I do it all the time."

Tsubaki:"That's an understatement. You're quite hypocritical at times."

Leon:"Human nature to some part..."

Tsubaki:"And the other?"

Leon:"Ugly memories. Regardless, you want to know something, right?"

Tsubaki:"Yes. I'm sure that Rias' rook once had a sister with the same name. Is it her...?"

The gig is up, boy.

I expected to end soon, but not her to discover it first.

Leon:"Sigh...yeah. It's Koneko's sister. Happy?"

Her face was a blend of confusion, sudden understanding and surprise. You shouldn't lower your guard that easy. You have a lot to learn.

She kept her eyes on me a bit more before finally lowering the blade completely.

Leon:"If you're suspicious of me you shouldn't drop you main way of attack."

Tsubaki:"You could have burned me already. You had plenty of chances. I think I'm safe."

Leon:"I heard that too many times. What now? You'll report this to your king and then to the devil Kings? As far as Desmond's text goes, I'm already suspected of conspiring with the enemy."

You seem relaxed...too relaxed considering the circumstances.

Humour me. I'm curious what sort of people does Sona keep around her.

Leon:"Well? About the reports?"

Tsubaki:"All ready to be organised and be collected from the employees."

Leon:"Fuck those. I mean the one for your boss-"

Tsubaki:"Currently, YOU are my boss. I'm at your disposal, right?"