Chapter 56

Leon's POV

     Finally! The old bastards are gone along with my new secretary...who I'm still debating if I should keep her or not. Leaving that aside, there were more important matters to take care of. We broke the amulet and all the hollows were absorbed by Desmond, who's really struggling on the floor now.

Leon:"How do you feel?"

Desmond:"Ugh! Burning, freezing, crushed and electrocuted. All at once, from every direction!"

    Which means the hollows are acknowledging my brother's body. I was somewhat worried that they won't respond to a human body.

Scarlett:"Will he be alright?"

Bruce:"We're here. It'll be fine."

Aina:"This looks dangerous."

Jason:"Because it is. Now, everyone take a step back. Bruce, be ready to intervene shall it be needed."

    Both of them were armed and ready for a gruesome fight. I stepped forward towards Desmond and knelled besides him.

Leon:"Listen to me. Focus on one of those 4 effects and amplify it to the point where you can neglect the others."

Desmond:"Any of those 4 ? What if-"

Leon:"Calm, Desmond. You're not alone here. Jason, Bruce, me. We're all here to stop you if it goes south."

    He took a few breaths and closed his eyes. He gritted his teeth. It must really hurt. Suddenly, his body started to glow a shade of dark purple. That light later covered his hair, leaving no trace of his greenish color.

Desmond:"AGH!"

     His eyes were forced open to reveal the same dark color, as the ground cracked under his feet. Good thing this place is private and sound isolated. This is supposed to be my mother's private room. Only she and her assistant have access to this space.

...

Leon:"Are you with me, Desmond?"

...

...

Desmond:"I hear you ... loud and clear."

Death:"Mission accomplished."

     Looks like it. At least, he didn't go berserk.

Alex:"Are you ok, son?"

Desmond:"Yeah, just...I feel heavy, as if I carry a mountain on my back."

Bruce:"Which means-"

Jason:"The Force hollow."

Aina:"And?"

Leon:"The density of his body increased which explains the bigger mass. However, you can output a lot more raw strength than before. It'll take a while for the fibers of your muscles to get used to it."

Desmond:"So I don't have to go to the gym? Neat."

     Well... that's one way to put it. On the other hand, the physical aspect changes as well. He seems more muscular than before and the hair's color is like a wave, growing and shrinking in intensity. Interesting.

Bruce:"Whoa! Looking good, brother. But this begs the question. Who is physically stronger now? You or Jason?"

...

Death:"I want the front seat!"

      That's...a valid question. War gave Jason inhumane strength, but is it greater than that of a hollow?