Chapter 41

3rd POV

In the middle of a big room, at Kuoh Academy, the meeting between the 3 big factions of Christianity was taking place, with representatives from each one. First, there was Saint Michael together with Uriel, who was serving as his attendant. In second, there was the leader of the fallen angels, Azazel, who seemed to have come alone. Finally, we had 2 of the Devil Kings, Sirzechs Lucifer, and Serafall Leviathan.

Since this was supposed to be devil territory, it was normal for the Sitri and Gremory heiresses to be present, together with their peerages. With a quick glance, anyone could tell that history was in the making. Other present guests were the white dragon emperor, Irina Shidou of the church and Grayfia Lucifuge, Sirzechs' wife.

Michael:"Since we're all here now, the following discussion will take place with the idea that God is dead."

Azazel:"Must be hard for you, angels."

Michael:"I'll admit. It is difficult to maintain the system as it is, but we'll manage."

Sirzechs:"Let's not waste time. Rias, Sona, please tell us exactly what happened during your encounter with Kokabiel."

Both girls stepped up to report.

Rias:"My duty during this encounter was to confront Kokabiel, while Sona was maintaining the barrier around the school, preventing collateral damage."

Sona:"As he himself stated, Kokabiel's intention was to restart a war between the 3 factions."

Michael:"You dealt with him alone?"

Sona:"No. We both received assistance. Bruce Creed, the current horsemen of Strife helped me strengthen the barrier, before joining his 3 brothers who were already assisting Rias."

Michael:"So the rumors were true, after all. They're really back. And it would seem they're your allies, Sirzechs."

Sirzechs:"Their reasoning was more concerning their closed ones rather than us. Leaving that aside, does the leader of the fallen angels have any comments?"

Azazel:"Yes. The recent incident was caused by Kokabiel's independent actions. He was brought to me by the white dragon emperor and then imprisoned in the frozen depths of Cocytus."

Michael:"What about you? Did you stir up trouble?"

Azazel:"As I said, independent actions. After all, I am no warmonger."

Serafall:"Then how do you explain your sudden interest in Sacred Gears? For the past few decades, we were expecting you to make a move
on either heaven or hell, but it never happened."

Michael:"Not to mention putting us on high alert after acquiring the white dragon emperor."

Azazel:"I'm purely interested in researching. Also, I get the impression that I'm the least trusted one here."

Hearing his words, the others couldn't help but agree.

Azazel:"Sigh...can't believe you can be more annoying than that brat with his witty remarks. Speaking of him, why isn't he here?"

Sirzechs:"This war started between the 3 factions and it will end between us."

Azazel:"In other words, you don't want them to impose restrictions upon you. I'd argue that all 4 of them deserve to be here. We owe it to them."

Michael:"How so?"

Azazel:"After all the troubles we caused them, we need to pay the debt. Let's see, they were attacked by devils, in their own house. Then the safety of their people was endangered by fallen angels."